Post-Game Talk: SJ 7, Canucks not quite as many as 7. Part 2.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Bachman didn't get hung out to dry, he lost us that game, full stop. Nobody liked seeing DiPietro get dunked, but you don't have to let your emotions try to revise history to make that point.

I’m not revising history as I couldn’t tell you one thing about that Wild game other than they lost. I was responding to a specific post that said it was the same as Bachman getting hung out to dry. That’s where that portion came from. It changes NOTHING about the point I made in why it was a different situation. That point being Bachman isn’t some 19 year old kid not even remotely ready for an NHL game.

Reactions: daddyohsix

megatron

Dec 11, 2016

If (and it's a big fzcking IF), we add one more winger, and Hughes is able to translate to the NHL, and Juolevi can play in the NHL and if Tryamkin comes back, we actually may be there as soon as next year.

That one hell of a parlay bro, $1 dollar will win you $5,000 ;p

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Tim @ Sid blasting Canuck veterans for not being able to get a shot on goal against the Sharks...when it was 3-0 in the first.

...and rightly so, this seems to happen literally every game lately and often at the start of games. Terrible game preparation by the coaching staff...

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Bachman didn't get hung out to dry, he lost us that game, full stop. Nobody liked seeing DiPietro get dunked, but you don't have to let your emotions try to revise history to make that point.

To be fair, it was my assertion Bachman was hung out to dry, which tantalum was responding to.

Also, looks like that game was 6-2 instead of 5-1 I mistakenly posted earlier.

I Watched This Game: Richard Bachman gets lit up in first start for tired Canucks

Memory is a funny thing. I still personally think that the statement Bachman lost us that game, but that he was was also hung out to dry are both true. We just have a poor defense without Edler... and even Sutter helps overall team defense.

On that day with Bachman we were
...[a] team still missing defenceman Alex Edler, shutdown centres Brandon Sutter and Jay Beagle, and top-six forwards Sven Baertschi and Brock Boeser.

Meaning we were low on our defensive, and offensive depth yet again and even forced to play MDZ. It was a similarly poor setup in front of a emergency backup where our lack of depth got exposed.

Reactions: tantalum

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad