Sizing: Switching from Bauer/Graf to Reebok skate

Discussion in 'The Rink' started by jag009, Mar 8, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. jag009

jag009 Registered User

M.D.
    Hi,

Are Bauer skates sized similar to that of CCM? I have a pair of Bauer 5000 in 5.5 EE (borderline fit in terms of width, front part of my foot felt pain after the game) and Graf 705 in 5.5 W (I think. can't find the markings anymore. Feels better than the bauer 5.5 EE) and am planning to switch to Reebok 10 or 11K skates. Should I go with the 5.5E? I don't think Reebok makes EE width for junior skates.

Thanks

2. Fleuryoutside29

Fleuryoutside29 Registered User

I was going to make the switch from Graff back to Bauer but my friend got a pair of MLX skates. I'd never heard of them before but he said they were the best skates he's ever owned. Check them out before you make a decision. You mold them at your house so they fit all types of feet. I have a team mate who just bought them too. He said they were on sale for 599. I think thats a hell of a deal for these skates.

3. vexXed

vexXed Registered User

On what basis are you making the switch? I can tell you the Graf 705, Bauer and RBK skates have different fits from each other. Why don't you get fitted at a shop and have someone tell you what works best for your foot. Then you will have one that has the right depth, support and width.