Sit/Start Week 5

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Bit of a dilemma here with the covid situation.

I need to start 3 in my standard league, Henry, Mixon, Mike Davis, or Gibson.

The plan was to sit Gibson, but now with the news about the Titans again can I risk planning to start Henry?

does your league have any contingencies if the game is bumped another week? like if you start henry today and if they suddenly cancel the game the commish can move in Gibson in his place?

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
0.5ppr flex

Justin Jefferson or Josh Kelley?
Love Jefferson’s upside here. Not sold on Kelley’s usage yet and that Chargers OL is just brutal.

So I really screwed myself over with my lack of RB depth and now Chubb is out. I have to start one of D'ernest Johnson of the Browns, Darrell Henderson JR. of the Rams, or Chase Edmonds of the Cardinals. I'm probably SOL on getting much from any of these guys but who do you guys think I should start? I think Cam Akers is back so probably not Henderson. Could Edmonds have a bigger role this week with Kenyan Drake continuing to not do much?
I’d roll D’Ernest Johnson. I feel like he’s almost guaranteed at least 10-12 touches with how run-heavy Cleveland is (1st in avg. rush attempts over last 3 games.). Hunt isnt a workload type of back and still handling a groin injury too.

Like you said Edmonds could be in for a bigger workload with Drake disappointing, but we have to see that in action first, he’s Too touchdown reliant right now.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
No, my commish is a lazy bum even though it's a $100 buy in league.
I'm kind of pissed that my commish is being so lazy with it. I have Derrick Henry, Ryan Tannehill, and Josh Allen and he refuses to make any arrangements for anyone in my league because it's "too much BS". So I guess f*** our $100 buy-in.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm kind of pissed that my commish is being so lazy with it. I have Derrick Henry, Ryan Tannehill, and Josh Allen and he refuses to make any arrangements for anyone in my league because it's "too much BS". So I guess f*** our $100 buy-in.
Screw that, I'd considering leaving in that case.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Screw that, I'd considering leaving in that case.
I'm pretty pissed off about it, I get that if he's not making special arrangements for anyone, so I'm not getting singled out or anything. Our Commish has a baby, but it's still irritating that he can't set aside even a small amount of time to try to make arrangments for us. As much as I don't want to lose to COVID whackiness, I also don't want to win a matchup because my opponent literally can't field a team.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm pretty pissed off about it, I get that if he's not making special arrangements for anyone, so I'm not getting singled out or anything. Our Commish has a baby, but it's still irritating that he can't set aside even a small amount of time to try to make arrangments for us. As much as I don't want to lose to COVID whackiness, I also don't want to win a matchup because my opponent literally can't field a team.

Our league added a co-commissioner prior to COVID becoming really becoming a thing, so that's helped handle the time requirement, even if it's not much to begin with. Just allow "substitutions" for any non Thursday-Monday game that have to be declared before games start in case a Tuesday game gets cancelled. It really doesn't require much effort. If the Tuesday game is played, then it requires nothing, if it's cancelled, there's a decent chance it only affects a few teams.

If the league is in hte ~$25-50 range, I probably wouldn't care, but $100 is significant enough for me to be annoyed.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Our league added a co-commissioner prior to COVID becoming really becoming a thing, so that's helped handle the time requirement, even if it's not much to begin with. Just allow "substitutions" for any non Thursday-Monday game that have to be declared before games start in case a Tuesday game gets cancelled. It really doesn't require much effort. If the Tuesday game is played, then it requires nothing, if it's cancelled, there's a decent chance it only affects a few teams.

If the league is in hte ~$25-50 range, I probably wouldn't care, but $100 is significant enough for me to be annoyed.
I'm thinking of just asking the commish to make me a co-commish so that I can handle it, my league members are weird so they've been kinda stiff with this stuff.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Yeah, I'm split between taking the safe floor guy coming off injury in Jimmy or that obvious matchup in Cousins.

So. I went off the playbook and texted my opponent on Sunday morning and asked him to pick who I should play between Jimmy G and Herb. He said no at first and after a few spirited jabs to urge him on he picked for me to start Herb.....worked out quite well for me and I received some nasty messages this morning lmao.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
So. I went off the playbook and texted my opponent on Sunday morning and asked him to pick who I should play between Jimmy G and Herb. He said no at first and after a few spirited jabs to urge him on he picked for me to start Herb.....worked out quite well for me and I received some nasty messages this morning lmao.
LMAO that's absolutely rich.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Fitz is a solid play. I have him as my 3rd QB (2 starting QB league). Kinda wish I played him this week, but we'll see what Tannehill can do.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->