Sindel, V.Polak and Sobotka didn´t make the cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
czechhockeyfan said:
All three forwards along with Hrabal, Pulpan and some other players didn´t make the team.
Frolik is sick and maybe won´t play at the championship too.

Too bad about Frolik, hope he recovers well and plays in the tournament. Not that surprised about the pretty hyped Sindel though, since he seemed under the ice a month ago in Sweden.

Golbez

Ott = Snott said:
Polak's a bust anyway..

Polak's actually been worse than his draft year... He's de-progressing, at is were.

As for Pulpan, I'm surprised he has been left off of the team. He's not an NHL prospect at all, but he still has good skills and experience. I think the Czechs will regret not taking him.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Ott = Snott said:
Polak's a bust anyway..

Stars need to "Holtet" him and sign him to the AHL next year to even have any small chance of him turning into something.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Leafaholix said:
Well, it's accurate, is it not?

Not quite...Vagner just sucked....Polak isn't getting icetime and plays on I beleive the worst offensive team in his league(and I think its a pretty substantial margin, but I'd have to check).

leafaholix*

Chaos said:
Not quite...Vagner just sucked....Polak isn't getting icetime and plays on I beleive the worst offensive team in his league(and I think its a pretty substantial margin, but I'd have to check).
Martin Vagner was probably my favourite player for #24 going to the draft in 2002... but we came out with Steen... which is fine by me. He was good, he just never developed and got worse.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Leafaholix said:
Martin Vagner was probably my favourite player for #24 going to the draft in 2002... but we came out with Steen... which is fine by me. He was good, he just never developed and got worse.

Ok.....but Vagner actually got worse...Polak is just stuck getting no icetime on a really bad team. I dont think the comparison(which you kind of made) is valid.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
I can't believe Sindel was cut. And I predicted he and Olesz to lead the Czech team. Well, what the heck, means more opportunity as the go to guy for the Czechs for Olesz. Hope he doesn't disappoint (he won't IMO).

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
It looks like there are still cuts to be made but the list below (split between players in Europe and North America) accompanied an article about Sindel and Polak not making the team (at least I assume that's what it says)....

Brankáři:
Vladislav Koutský (Pardubice).

Obránci:
Ladislav Å míd (Liberec), Petr Hořava (Kladno), Ondřej Å mach (Znojmo), Jakub Å ulc (Slavia Praha).

Útočníci:
Rostislav Olesz (Sparta Praha), Michal Borovanský, Roman Červenka (oba Slavia Praha), Milan Hluchý, Michael Frolík (oba Kladno), Michal Polák (Plzeň ), Bedřich Köhler (Vítkovice).

Brankáři:
Marek Schwarz (Vancouver, WHL), Jakub Čech (Sault Ste. Marie, OHL).

Obránci:
Jakub Kindl (Kitchener, OHL), Martin Lojek (Brampton, OHL), Lukáš Bolf (Barrie, OHL), Roman Polák (Kootenay,WHL), Michal GulaÅ¡i (Lethbridge, WHL), Martin Tůma (Sault Ste. Marie, OHL).

Útočníci:
Petr Vrána, Jan Steber (oba Halifax, QMJHL), Jakub Petružálek, Lukáš KaÅ¡par (oba Ottawa, OHL), David Krejčí (Gatineau, QMJHL), Zbyněk Hrdel (Rimouski, QMJHL), Zdeněk Bahenský (Saskatoon, WHL), Karel Hromas (Everett, WHL), Radek Smoleňák (Kingston, OHL), Marek Kvapil (Saginaw, OHL).

Here's a link to the article... Link

leafaholix*

Anyone care to guess what Jan Steber's chances are?

Hopefully he makes his way onto that damn team, I want to see him play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad