Since The Bruins Are Moving To Victoria

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
Are there any players on the Bruins roster that I should be excited about? I can name a few young guns like Magee, Hoghes, but other then that, any guys that have potential?

From what I see, the lineup in Chiliwack isn't that outstanding.

KingJet*

Kevin Sundher will be their best player... Unless they trade him

oilsands

dirty oil, comin 4 u
Jul 6, 2007
Halland
I live there. Love that a team is coming but I can't see it being popular. This town is full of old ****s and granola's - people don't like sports here.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
I live there. Love that a team is coming but I can't see it being popular. This town is full of old ****s and granola's - people don't like sports here.

Haha, that's true.
I'm planning on seeing about 25-30 home games, maybe even get season tickets, but i'm not sure.

But yeah, from my part of Victoria, it's a bunch of rednecks and crack addicts.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Haha, that's true.
I'm planning on seeing about 25-30 home games, maybe even get season tickets, but i'm not sure.

But yeah, from my part of Victoria, it's a bunch of rednecks and crack addicts.

Esquimalt?

Last edited:

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
Mitch Topping was highly touted when he was drafts but has since fallen. Still might get drafted this year.

pdxshark

Apr 26, 2006
Portland, OR
wow, i'm not from victoria and I only have nice things to say =) Then again i'm from Portland, victoria just seems like a smaller version of portland with better healthcare.

Welcome back to the dub. I can actually see myself making the drive and ferry ride to see an away game because its a wonderful drive through the Olympic peninsula and victoria is such a nice town.

ps. Portland has the same rep, the residents here don't go crazy for sports like some other towns. Can't blame people for just doing what they like, its just crazy that a town this big with this much money (big time trust fund city) has 1.5 pro sports teams (the MLS has yet to prove itself to me). Beauty of this league is that even if your team sucks, there are plenty of good players on opposing teams. Believe me, after the dark days here in PDX I know all about silver linings. Victoria will actually probably have a good year, the roster seemed to under achieve a bit this year and they've got a proven coach.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
Are they going to be using that newish arena that the Salmon Kings use or will they use some little bumhell place?

GREENs Guardian

Dec 14, 2010
Canada
Are they going to be using that newish arena that the Salmon Kings use or will they use some little bumhell place?

Save On will be their home rink 1000%. I am from Vic aswell and i am honstly preatty excited to be able to see major junior hockey right in Vic. And i think the attendence will be decent, better than it was for the S-Kings. I mean i know alot of people who never wanted to see the Kings play but would definetely g watch WHL games. Should be awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->