Since Tavares’ departure, the Isles have gone further than the Leafs all 3 years

Jeremy2020

Dec 27, 2005
Austin, TX
lol, islanders getting dinosaur lou lamoriello while the Leafs kept Shannahan and the wunderkind. Poor isles fans can't ever have anything nice.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Good on the Isles.
Mostly because of Leafs nation that was sticking it in their face when he moved on in free agency.

One hell of a coach, great team chemistry and construction.

Dubas should have tried learning a bit from Lou while he was there; those 'overpaid' vets (essentially guys that don't make league minimum) are really important. Look at the scoring distribution in NYI; they're getting important production and ice time from guys that in Leafs nation would have considered Persona non grata.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
lol, islanders getting dinosaur lou lamoriello while the Leafs kept Shannahan and the wunderkind. Poor isles fans can't ever have anything nice.

I've read this multiple times and I'm still confused about why the Isles would be the "LOL" team in this situation.

Jeremy2020

Dec 27, 2005
Austin, TX
I've read this multiple times and I'm still confused about why the Isles would be the "LOL" team in this situation.

Say, you might be on to something! We should name this concept where someone says something that's so exaggerated that it can't be believed and thus mocks the very idea it saying!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad