Simple Poll: If We Kept Fleury, Do We Win One More Stanley Cup?

If We Kept Fleury, Do We Win One More Stanley Cup?

• Total voters

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
I'm going to assume this is a troll post because no one could ask this question with a straight face.

But let's pretend Fleury is the best goaltender in the history of the universe and we hung onto him.

It still wouldn't have mattered.

There have been enough problems the last few years beyond the cage to ensure this team doesn't win.

And I've made my unfavorable opinion of Fleury the player very clear.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Well we have not won a Cup in the Sid-Geno era without either Fleury or Kunitz. But we have also failed to win a Cup with both Fleury and Kunitz on the roster. Ergo, it is necessary but not sufficient to have either one or both of MAF and Kunitz on the roster in order to win a Cup with this current core. I say let’s bring back Kunitz too if we want to win another Cup before Sid retires…

(I did ace the Logical Reasoning portion of the LSAT FYI)

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm going to say no because not of Fleury, but they started to dismantle a Stanley cup winning team. Fleury was not going to make up defensively the loss of Bonino, Daley, Cole, Kunitz, Kuhnhackl and more along the way.

Too much got pined on Rust, Murray and more that they were elite players and could bridge the gaps.

So, the Pens were not winning another cup because they were swinging to not being who they were. Calling for a 3-peat while still shedding integral players and not replacing them is why they were not winning another cup.

They still haven't and why they are 1st round fodder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->