TSN: Simon out 6-7 months (No joke)

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Wonder if he thought if there was a chance the season resumed he'd wait until the offseason. I had a torn labrum, they suck but they don't always require surgery (not sure what his case was tho).

Any chance this move means NHL is donzo for 2020?

I don't think Dom Simon would be the bellweather for the league. It's probably more likely that he was playing through something or trying to rehab at home and it wasn't working. They might have even opted for surgery earlier but then postponed it because of the pandemic.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I don't think Dom Simon would be the bellweather for the league. It's probably more likely that he was playing through something or trying to rehab at home and it wasn't working. They might have even opted for surgery earlier but then postponed it because of the pandemic.

Just to add to this, I injured my AC joint in month 5 of rehabbing shoulder impingement syndrome. I wasn't doing anything irresponsible, just ratcheting up the resistance in a controlled manner and the AC joint just started hurting one day, Good news is SIS seems to be gone. Bad news is I don't know when the Hell I'll be able to talk to somebody about wtf I'm supposed to do to rehab an AC injury. Internet seems to think it's a less lengthy rehab (weeks vs half a year), but I'd like to hear that from someone who definitely knows what they're talking about.

Still, if Simon was in a situation like I'm in and tore his AC joint completely, that would be one explanation of why he's getting surgery now, instead of then.

Last edited:
Reactions: HandshakeLine

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
no, hospital's were not doing anything because of the flue.

Damn. These guys could have helped, then...
SX5aN5r.gif

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
The Sheary trade still reminds me of Lovejoy for Despres. I just hope this eventually works out as well, with the team hoisting another cup. Otherwise I still hate it.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
So, pretty sure the Pens won the Depres and Lovejoy trade....

Yeah, though it's kind of like the Naslund-for-Stojanov trade in that we don't really know what Despres could have been, given how injuries derailed his career.

That said, you have to evaluate the things that actually happened, not the things that might have been.

Also, not really sure what this has to do with Simon destroying his shoulder while furiously jackin' it.

Reactions: EightyOne

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Sheary trade still reminds me of Lovejoy for Despres. I just hope this eventually works out as well, with the team hoisting another cup. Otherwise I still hate it.

I think you're overrating Kahun then :dunno:

It's really weird for how antsy people get with Kahun on here. If he was this good, why did Chicago trade him after 1 year? Why did Pittsburgh trade him after 50 games? Why did Buffalo, a team with downright horrendous depth, only play him 4th line minutes after acquiring him?

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I think it's more about Kahun's potential than anything else, though, he's the very definition of a player that bounces around the league until he finds a spot where he can put it all together. He's got enough skill to play anywhere in most teams' lineups, he produces well enough, and I think it's just a matter of time until it all clicks for somebody. People are just worried that it's another situation where the Pens trade someone who busts out somewhere else, but honestly, given the history, that's not exactly a given. He could be a Spaling. He could be a Sutter. He could be a Naslund. But more than likely, he's going to be a 40 point guy on a decent team at some point. :dunno:

Plus the return being Sheary just stings no matter how you slice it. :laugh: If Rodrigues re-signs for a decent rate and works out in the bottom 6, the trade is a lot better, but I still get the angst over it.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Chicago traded Kahun because they had a better young player on their roster in a similar circumstance who signed after playing in Europe—Kubalik...they weren’t going to pay them both

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

It's really weird for how antsy people get with Kahun on here. If he was this good, why did Chicago trade him after 1 year? Why did Pittsburgh trade him after 50 games? Why did Buffalo, a team with downright horrendous depth, only play him 4th line minutes after acquiring him?

I think it's less to do with trading Kahun and more to do with a) recycling Sheary, and b) apparent nepotism from the team towards Simon.

cvrle1

Jun 24, 2017

No matter how you slice it and dice it, Kahun is 100 times better than Sheary ever was or ever will be in his career. But of course leave it to Sulli to put Kahun in doghouse for no reason and get his family member back and play him on 1st line after not doing anything at all for years in Buffalo. It as completely stupid and very unnecessary trade to make. If Kahun got anywhere as many chances on 1st line like useless Sheary and Simon, he would have had still be here. And no, you cant say he did, as when he was on the 1st and 2nd line, most of the team played like utter crap, so everyone looked horrible from top to bottom. They were all disjointed and couldnt make a pass if their life depended on it let alone anything else.

Reactions: EpiPen

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
No matter how you slice it and dice it, Kahun is 100 times better than Sheary ever was or ever will be in his career. But of course leave it to Sulli to put Kahun in doghouse for no reason and get his family member back and play him on 1st line after not doing anything at all for years in Buffalo. It as completely stupid and very unnecessary trade to make. If Kahun got anywhere as many chances on 1st line like useless Sheary and Simon, he would have had still be here. And no, you cant say he did, as when he was on the 1st and 2nd line, most of the team played like utter crap, so everyone looked horrible from top to bottom. They were all disjointed and couldnt make a pass if their life depended on it let alone anything else.

It's utterly fascinating that you responded to my post of "you're overrating Kahun" with spewing this downright nonsense. Do people forget that Sheary literally led the league in points/60 one year?

cvrle1

Jun 24, 2017
It's utterly fascinating that you responded to my post of "you're overrating Kahun" with spewing this downright nonsense. Do people forget that Sheary literally led the league in points/60 one year?

Big whoop. Meaningless stat inflated by his line mates. Put Kahun for full season on 1st line and he will shatter that points/60. You also forgot that Sheary leads the league in missed chances, falling on his ass for no reason and just being below average IQ player. If I didnt know better I would say you are somehow related to Sheary as only you see things no one else on this board sees in his regard.

Reactions: EpiPen

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Big whoop. Meaningless stat inflated by his line mates. Put Kahun for full season on 1st line and he will shatter that points/60. You also forgot that Sheary leads the league in missed chances, falling on his ass for no reason and just being below average IQ player. If I didnt know better I would say you are somehow related to Sheary as only you see things no one else on this board sees in his regard.

So you think Kahun would "shatter" Sheary's best points/60 of "leading the entire NHL"? Interesting.

You don't seem like a poster worth wasting my time with, so I'm not going to continue this conversation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->