Simon Gagne

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
Would he be a good fit with J Staal and Skinner on 2nd line? Seems to be in doghouse in LA and could probably be had fairly cheap. Only 32 years old and still has a few good years left in him.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Would he be a good fit with J Staal and Skinner on 2nd line? Seems to be in doghouse in LA and could probably be had fairly cheap. Only 32 years old and still has a few good years left in him.

That's certainly an interesting thought. Is he fully healthy by now? If so, he wouldn't be too bad of a risk at $2.5 mil ($3.5 cap hit) this year, then UFA after.

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
Yes fully healthy now. Just been scratched almost all year.....don't think he is the right fit for LA. Brad Richardson is another guy who has been scratched and could help us with depth.

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
seems to have diminished in recent years so i am a little hesitant. could be a Jokinen 2.0 type signing (even though Jokinen was a trade). cheap, not doing well, come here and maybe flourish for another 2-3 seasons? who knows.

im for it, if its cheap enough

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Seems to have had little to no ice time for almost a month now so it's not like his value is high. I bet they could get him for a 2nd and a goalie prospect.

The guy has been through a lot in the past year or so. But I bet he could score 20 goals in his sleep playing with Skinner and Jordan.

Beardy*

Been a fan of his ever since he was in Philly.

Got himself an injury problem though. Isn't usually able to make it a full season without getting hurt. But if he does work out, it could be a cheap replacement that makes Ruutu and Jokinen expendable.

I say why not.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Seems to have had little to no ice time for almost a month now so it's not like his value is high. I bet they could get him for a 2nd and a goalie prospect.

The guy has been through a lot in the past year or so. But I bet he could score 20 goals in his sleep playing with Skinner and Jordan.

2nd and rights to Mike Murphy?

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Gagne...strong winger to play with jStaal

For

4th Rd Pick or 3rd
Justin Peters...AHL all-star and LA will need a cheap back up when Bernier gets traded

Tim Connolly...ufa 3rd line center playing well in minors

For

6th rd pick

Rob Scuderi...defensive ufa defenseman

For

McBain...young puck moving d with reasonable cap hit
Sutter...play with his Dad

Tlusty-Staal-Semin
Skinners-Staal-Gagne
Jokinen-Connolly-LaRose
Dwyer-Wallace-Brent/Bowman
Westgarth

Gleason-Pitkanen
Faulk-Harrison
Corvo-Scuderi
Sanguentti

Ward
Ellis

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Other UFA deadline picks beside Gagne could be :

Prospal
Morrow
PM Bouchard
Penner
McDonald
Jagr
Ryder

Regher
Whitney
Scuderi
Lydman
Murray
Babchuk
O'Bryne
Fistric
Alberts
Leopold

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Why do we keep having all these threads about acquiring forwards?

Am I watching a different team than everyone else?

For depth, honestly.

Behind the top-6, we don't have much of a scoring threat.

35 of our 50 goals to this point have been off the stick of one of the Staals, Semin, Tlusty, Skinner, or Dwyer. Also 81 of 131 points.

Compare that to...say...Chicago. They have 8 points each from Bickell and Stalberg on the third line. 7 points from Shaw on the third line.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad