News Article: Simon Despres wants to play in Laval

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Sure.

I'll always remembering debating against people when I didn't want him in the first round. Not that LeBlanc was any better. Didn't want Leblanc either and had to battle that out for years too.

Reactions: Redux91

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Do we have room for him on the team? Especially if we sign Fleury?

Let's say he comes back on top and isn't troubled by concussions anymore, damn right there's a place for him.

But, it's risky, given the shaky grounds concerning concussions around the league, and that lawsuit...

Like Tyson said, it's a sad situation.

Could reap rewards, could also be a disaster.

Reactions: Chris Cutter

badi

Jan 21, 2008
No room for him after the Tavares signing ,,,,,loll

Seriously why not ,,,there is plenty of room for talent in this organisation,,,,and this guy had some tools

JAM 79

Oct 8, 2014
Hey guys...

Im all for it.

This year i had to give up my not to hot hockey career, at the ripe age of 38. I was in the third game of the year and died on the ice with a massive heart attack (totally serious). Was brought back with a defib.

I guess the thing why i am mentioning this us because i feel his pain about not being sure if you can still do it. Somethings are worth it though Hockey is one of them.

I am still on the fence, about October, and my mind changes almost daily about the subject. But Depres was and is a much better player than i could have dreamed i was, and his decision needs to be his. A Doctor can recommend a thought, it doesnt always sit well when others tell you.

If Simon Depres has more to leave on the ice, let it be with les Canadiens de Montreal... Cause I am sure it is part of his dream, as it would be all of ours. He's got no one coming to the door, so lets open our door to a player with the heart needed to show the others what it is to have some passion. Because we are absolutely listless.. and a guy who would die for some ice, may inspire others who just dont see what they have.

Cheers to all

Anyhow, im a long time poster here, used to be known as Ghost # 1.. i am glad i made it back to full charge... it took a long time, and even longer than that to wipe the 'bliss' off of me after my experience. The decision to retire my skates, while difficult is leaning more true simply for my wife and kids.. who need me around for much longer than the first 38 years wiuld give me. I have a defib unit embedded in my chest, which will 'guarantee' me 7 years... Without that, there would be no questions that i played my last game. That little unit is what gives me the confidence to perhaps pick up my stick and try again.

For a guy who loves this game like i do... I have a hard time with a pick up league saying my career is done... I couldnt imagine if they ever told me it was due to concussion. TBH, I understand why it isnt over for him... to me it shouldnt be.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Hey guys...

Im all for it.

This year i had to give up my not to hot hockey career, at the ripe age of 38. I was in the third game of the year and died on the ice with a massive heart attack (totally serious). Was brought back with a defib.

I guess the thing why i am mentioning this us because i feel his pain about not being sure if you can still do it. Somethings are worth it though Hockey is one of them.

I am still on the fence, about October, and my mind changes almost daily about the subject. But Depres was and is a much better player than i could have dreamed i was, and his decision needs to be his. A Doctor can recommend a thought, it doesnt always sit well when others tell you.

If Simon Depres has more to leave on the ice, let it be with les Canadiens de Montreal... Cause I am sure it is part of his dream, as it would be all of ours. He's got no one coming to the door, so lets open our door to a player with the heart needed to show the others what it is to have some passion. Because we are absolutely listless.. and a guy who would die for some ice, may inspire others who just dont see what they have.

Cheers to all

Anyhow, im a long time poster here, used to be known as Ghost # 1.. i am glad i made it back to full charge... it took a long time, and even longer than that to wipe the 'bliss' off of me after my experience. The decision to retire my skates, while difficult is leaning more true simply for my wife and kids.. who need me around for much longer than the first 38 years wiuld give me. I have a defib unit embedded in my chest, which will 'guarantee' me 7 years... Without that, there would be no questions that i played my last game. That little unit is what gives me the confidence to perhaps pick up my stick and try again.

For a guy who loves this game like i do... I have a hard time with a pick up league saying my career is done... I couldnt imagine if they ever told me it was due to concussion. TBH, I understand why it isnt over for him... to me it shouldnt be.
Glad to find out you made it out okay! Thanks for sharing your story

Reactions: jaffy27 and JAM 79

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Definitely worth a try-out and even an AHL contract. Could go with a min salary NHL one if we have several spaces on the 50 limit after camp.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Sure.

I'll always remembering debating against people when I didn't want him in the first round. Not that LeBlanc was any better. Didn't want Leblanc either and had to battle that out for years too.

that was likely me, as I thought for sure Despres was our pick since that's what someone who had never given me wrong info before said.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I actually don't think it was you but it was a long time ago.

I know I was telling people that Despres was going to be our pick cause the person that told me wasn't too happy that I posted it on HF. I didn't know much about him, whereas I had seen Leblanc in the USHL a couple times to see Kristo and I didn't care for Leblanc's skating and frame, I believe I compared him to Ribs. But I did like how Leblanc played especially at Havard and Hamilton (pre-Lefebvre) where I saw him the most.

JAM 79

Oct 8, 2014
Glad to find out you made it out okay! Thanks for sharing your story
Thanks man It was a long road back. 2 week coma (induced) and 31 days before i could prove there was no brain damage (they werent going to do the surgery if there was) . I finally had a quadruple bypass to heal me up on Dec.5th.. got home for my twin boys 9th birthday which was my goal lol.

Oddly enough my physiotherapist was TML Travis Dermotts mom, who i drove nuts because of my stubborn resolve over walking the hospital stairs as part of my recovery (she kept telling me no, but it felt like such a pyrrhic victory for me to do them because at the time that was my limit... its funny looking back at it .. but when i woke up i could barely walk... that was my first thing i felt i accomplished when i woke up, and I couldnt very well get it taken from me lol.. it was definately through the experience that i know why Depres is feeling (at least somewhat)... Its hard to hear when others (i.e. strangers) think they know your limitations. We are human... we have to try limits to know what they are, otherwise we will never know where thw limit is.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I don't see why not. If it doesn't work ou, it doesn't work out. But if it does it could be a feel good story in a season where we are likely to suck.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad