Proposal: Simmonds for Faulk

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Minus them?

Yeah, I'd need to do a bit more research into Hedman's stats. Karlsson -- depends on current team situation/makeup. That's all.

Edit: Before you all have kittens -- I'm just saying there are factors with those two. They're great players. The other 9 I'd say are locks regardless of factors. Well, maybe less so. Karlsson's contract is pretty solid and his Corsi is great.

Last edited:

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
I'd consider trading Simmonds (regarding the list above) for anyone 1-11 (minus Karlsson and possibly Hedman).

Go propose Simmonds in a 1 for 1 for Hedman on the Tampa boards.

You people are insane, Simmonds is a good player on a great contract but he's not worth more than Carter was when he got traded.

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
consider :laugh: , I'd come all the way from the other side of the world swimming and drag his ass to any of those cities (besides Boston).

MayonnaiseOreo

I Hate the Flyers
Apr 8, 2012
A Glass of Milk
Simmer shouldn't ever be moved unless it's in a package for a generational talent or a clear cut #1 Dman,

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves now. Simmonds may damn well be the best power forward in the league, top 5 for sure, but there's a major difference between what he brings to the game and what a generational talent can do.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Let's not get too ahead of ourselves now. Simmonds may damn well be the best power forward in the league, top 5 for sure, but there's a major difference between what he brings to the game and what a generational talent can do.

Re-read the post you quoted.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
If I am the Flyers I don't trade Simmonds for a long time. Even when he gets old and slow he will be valuable to the Flyers like Knuble was because there aren't many players in the league that can match his net front presence.

And he wouldn't get traded for a generational talent because trading them is absurd.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
200_s.gif

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Absolutely and it's not even close. Quality right handed defensemen are hard to find. He is younger than Simmonds and is nowhere close to his prime while Simmonds is right in his now. Faulk will keep getting better while Simmonds will only decline from here. Top pairing defenseman is worth way more than a top power forward. Simmonds is great but u take that deal and run.

Lol, Simmonds will only decline? He's 26 years old. What the hell are you talking about?

Have you ever even watched Faulk play?

Anyone, no ****ing way I trade Night Train for Faulk, who is terribly overrated.

We have to build a core. Build an identity. Trading Simmonds is not an option right now.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
So let me ask this, what RHD WOULD you possibly trade Simmonds for?

If we're strictly looking at RHD, these are the ones I would trade Simmonds straight-up for (in order):

1. Shea Weber
2. Drew Doughty
3. Erik Karlsson
4. P.K. Subban
5. Alex Pietrangelo
6. Seth Jones
7. Jacob Trouba
8. Dougie Hamilton
9. Brent Seabrook
10. Kevin Shattenkirk
11. John Carlson
12. Aaron Ekblad
13. Rasmus Ristolainen

Faulk wouldn't make the cut, although I would have to give it serious consideration. Either would E. Johsnon or Brent Burns. The 13 guys above are either legit, top-pairing RHD studs or will soon be one (or, in Shattenkirk's case, has the potential to be on the right team).

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
If we're strictly looking at RHD, these are the ones I would trade Simmonds straight-up for (in order):

1. Shea Weber
2. Drew Doughty
3. Erik Karlsson
4. P.K. Subban
5. Alex Pietrangelo
6. Seth Jones
7. Jacob Trouba
8. Dougie Hamilton
9. Brent Seabrook
10. Kevin Shattenkirk
11. John Carlson
12. Aaron Ekblad
13. Rasmus Ristolainen

Faulk wouldn't make the cut, although I would have to give it serious consideration. Either would E. Johsnon or Brent Burns. The 13 guys above are either legit, top-pairing RHD studs or will soon be one (or, in Shattenkirk's case, has the potential to be on the right team).

I don't like Kevin Shattenkirk. And really on Ristolainen? Is he that good and I just haven't been paying attention?

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly

1. Shea Weber
2. Drew Doughty
3. Erik Karlsson
4. P.K. Subban
5. Alex Pietrangelo
6. Seth Jones
7. Jacob Trouba
8. Dougie Hamilton
9. Brent Seabrook
10. Kevin Shattenkirk
11. John Carlson
12. Aaron Ekblad
13. Rasmus Ristolainen

But which ones are the most realistic for a 1-1 swap (value-wise)?

I haven't really watched Trouba play, but I see a lot of people on HF and jets fans pump his tires.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
None of those teams would trade those RHD's for Simmonds. Faulk is about fair value if it's just a one for one trade.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I don't like Kevin Shattenkirk.

What's not to like? On the Blues he's 2nd pair material because Pietrangelo is the top RHD and paired with Bouwmeester. On the Flyers, Shattenkirk would be the undisputed top dog and would have a great impact on the team. If it's a style issue, Shattenkirk isn't the must rugged customer but he's far from a softy.

And really on Ristolainen? Is he that good and I just haven't been paying attention?

Well it's easy to not pay attention to the Sabres. But, yes, this kid is the real deal. Big, physical, big shot and a bit of a mean streak with offensive growth potential. He has the makings of a definite top-pair (even dominant) defenseman. In 3-4 years he'll be one of the best full meal defensemen in the game IMO. And the thought of him and Morin on the same blue line is scary.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas

1. Shea Weber
2. Drew Doughty
3. Erik Karlsson
4. P.K. Subban
5. Alex Pietrangelo
6. Seth Jones
7. Jacob Trouba
8. Dougie Hamilton
9. Brent Seabrook
10. Kevin Shattenkirk
11. John Carlson
12. Aaron Ekblad
13. Rasmus Ristolainen

I haven't seen enough from Hamilton or Ristolainen to pull the trigger on that--or Ekblad, but that's a different case, given the extraordinary level of hype and scouting. Shattenkirk doesn't belong that high, and Seabrook's contract status would keep him off for me as well.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
None of those teams would trade those RHD's for Simmonds

Of course not. But the OP asked "which I would trade Simmonds for" :D

Faulk is about fair value if it's just a one for one trade.

Value-wise, yes. But Simmonds has the magic pixie dust that the Flyers need. In order to give that up, you need to get it back with the player you acquire on defense. Or you need to gain much more in another area (example: Shattenkirk with the offense).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad