Simmonds Expected AAV

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Jvr does bring a net front presence but i think pigeonholing Patrick there limits the impact the kid could have elsewhere. Unlike this past year id like to have 2 pp units that can score. We need 2 met front guys and now we have them

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
PP1: vanRiemsdyk, Couturier, Giroux, Voracek, Gostibehere
PP2: Simmonds, Patrick, Konecny, Lindblom, Provorov

?

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

?

i don't see how you can have coots over patrick on the pp. Coots only had 7 goals playing on the top pp all year. Patrick had 5 in just the little amount on the top pp unit.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
i don't see how you can have coots over patrick on the pp. Coots only had 7 goals playing on the top pp all year. Patrick had 5 in just the little amount on the top pp unit.

Fair, but my point is that Simmonds is NOT cracking that top PP unit.

SchatzY

Jul 30, 2016
Lehigh Valley

?

It's not going to happen but i would switch Vora and Patrick. So Vora could feed neck in the high slot for the one timer. And run PP2 though Vora along the half wall like G for PP1

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
Seriously what about a ludicrous pay him a bunch now, like 8/9x2 and then resigning him after to like a 3x3. It’s still 30m over five years, you’re just effectively breaking the cap hit into manageable numbers in the relevant years.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013

Uh Nolan Patrick is right handed.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Seriously what about a ludicrous pay him a bunch now, like 8/9x2 and then resigning him after to like a 3x3. It’s still 30m over five years, you’re just effectively breaking the cap hit into manageable numbers in the relevant years.
Nice thought but I believe the saying is “ a verbal contract is worth the paper it is written on.”

No matter how honest an organization may be, it is all about the guaranteed money. A player doesn’t want to have to play for another contract at 33 if they don’t have to.

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
Yeah it was def a crazy idea, and won’t happen but i would like to see simmer here if/when we win. That said it’s head vs heart and the hard decisions are usually the right ones.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Yeah it was def a crazy idea, and won’t happen but i would like to see simmer here if/when we win. That said it’s head vs heart and the hard decisions are usually the right ones.
Yep, losing Simmonds will be a tough pill.

Reactions: mdm815

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If Lindblom had gotten 47 points this past year, would we have looked at JVR? Likely no.

Simmonds should be no different since we already have 2 RW better than him.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
If Lindblom had gotten 47 points this past year, would we have looked at JVR? Likely no.

Simmonds should be no different since we already have 2 RW better than him.

If we keep Simmonds all year and then mutually part, assets be damned, we're still looking at this next year strictly in-house for our bottom 6:

Laughton-Frost-Lindblom
???-Vorobyev-NAK​

I cannot imagine both Frost and Misha aren't on the team in 2019-2020 at worst. Misha might already be a full time player this year at some point. That pushes Laughton to wing, or Frost to wing. Lindblom can play both wings. NAK will be waivers eligible, so he'll be up at 4RW perhaps. Lacyznki and Allison hopefully are signed and can be potential mid-season promotions. Someone else in the organization can surprise (Kase?). Another year and you add Farabee and O'Brien perhaps, both capable of playing RW. Ratcliffe will be around the corner too. Not all of those players are RW, but most can play RW or will shift someone over.

I can get saying Simmonds fulfills a role this year. Next year? The reinforcements are there already. Too many actually, which could force a trade sooner than later. You don't totally block them another 4-5 years -- which has a value domino effect down the prospect line -- for similar but cheaper production.

Last edited:

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Nice thought but I believe the saying is “ a verbal contract is worth the paper it is written on.”

No matter how honest an organization may be, it is all about the guaranteed money. A player doesn’t want to have to play for another contract at 33 if they don’t have to.
also see pat reiley/dwayne wade

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If we keep Simmonds all year and then mutually part, assets be damned, we're still looking at this next year strictly in-house for our bottom 6:

Laughton-Frost-Lindblom
???-Vorobyev-NAK​

I cannot imagine both Frost and Misha aren't on the team in 2019-2020 at worst. Misha might already be a full time player this year at some point. That pushes Laughton to wing, or Frost to wing. Lindblom can play both wings. NAK will be waivers eligible, so he'll be up at 4RW perhaps. Lacyznki and Allison hopefully are signed and can be potential mid-season promotions. Someone else in the organization can surprise (Kase?). Another year and you add Farabee and O'Brien perhaps, both capable of playing RW. Ratcliffe will be around the corner too. Not all of those players are RW, but most can play RW or will shift someone over.

I can get saying Simmonds fulfills a role this year. Next year? The reinforcements are there already. Too many actually, which could force a trade sooner than later. You don't totally block them another 4-5 years -- which has a value domino effect down the prospect line -- for similar but cheaper production.
100% agree.

It makes no sense to have no top 9 winger spots available for the next 4-5 years. Not with the pipeline we have been building.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018

Laughton-Frost-Lindblom
???-Vorobyev-NAK​

Okay then if we put him up on the trade market you would probably be asking for a first in 19 and in 20 to keep the pipe line full then ? yes this is a question

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->