Simmonds and Voracek time to go

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Yeah.. I'm not trading Giroux, potentially the 3rd best player in franchise history, unless the package is ridiculously good.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Simmonds would be a very Bruins-player. He is probably a player you're getting for draft picks. Voracek is the guy who you're getting other NHL talent for.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Simmonds would be a very Bruins-player. He is probably a player you're getting for draft picks. Voracek is the guy who you're getting other NHL talent for.

I think with a team like the Bruins it could be possible to pry away someone like Bjork... as they have:

Pastrnak, DeBrusk, Heinen, Forsbacka-Karlsson, Senyshyn, Frederic, Donato, Cehlarik etc.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think with a team like the Bruins it could be possible to pry away someone like Bjork... as they have:

Pastrnak, DeBrusk, Heinen, Forsbacka-Karlsson, Senyshyn, Frederic, Donato, Cehlarik etc.
I don't see enough from Bjork to make me think he's the main piece of a trade. But Simmonds has to start scoring again if he's bringing back a worthwhile NHL player

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
If you want to shake up the core, I have no problem trading Voracek. Giroux is off limits though. You need some veteran to lead the new, up and coming core.

Just look at the young defensemen. They really have had to fend for themselves, without having a good, solid veteran in the lineup. There’s times where they could have used a good veteran d man to rely on, and the Flyers just don’t have it. The result is young guys being forced into larger roles they’re not necessarily ready for

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I don't see enough from Bjork to make me think he's the main piece of a trade. But Simmonds has to start scoring again if he's bringing back a worthwhile NHL player

He was great last year from what I saw... I think he can develop into a ~50 point winger with his speed and hands, and can hold his own in NHL right now. Plus his floor is probably a 3rd line winger.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I don't go for Bjork....as I think a RW should be the target in a Simmonds return.

Giroux Couts Jake
JVR Patrick Konecny
Lindblom Frost ????
Laughton ???? ????
Weise

And even if Giroux is at C, it likely means Frost starts at LW

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
Trading Voracek is a bad idea

Trading Giroux is a horrific idea that deserves to be mocked.

He's not even declining, hes still playing at an elite level, and still has multiple top years left in him.
Mock all you want but the bottom line is winning the Stanley Cup!
Giroux will decide his own faith soon!

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Mock all you want but the bottom line is winning the Stanley Cup!
Giroux will decide his own faith soon!
You won't ever get the value back that Giroux can give us. Then add in he has a NMC and would dictate where he goes, further lowering his trade value.

How about we just be happy that he have a PPG+ captain and try and HELP him.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don't go for Bjork....as I think a RW should be the target in a Simmonds return.

Giroux Couts Jake
JVR Patrick Konecny
Lindblom Frost ????
Laughton ???? ????
Weise

And even if Giroux is at C, it likely means Frost starts at LW
Hopefully Allison and Laczynski get signed and have a chance at those spots.

Maybe even Farabee and we shuffle the lines around.

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
Right, and you don’t win a cup by doing stupid things like that.
So have Giroux play with the Flyers all of his career and zero Cups means what???
Trading Giroux to a Cup contender...for his benefit and personal achievement and the Flyers getting back a substantial package for us to compete and contend for a Cup makes absolute hockey sense!
Yes?

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
You help G by making the team better around him. He will be a top line player for a lot more years.

We aren't that far away to trade G and go full rebuild. He's worth WAY more to us than trading him.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Hopefully Allison and Laczynski get signed and have a chance at those spots.

Maybe even Farabee and we shuffle the lines around.
Yeah we will know more about all that as the season goes on. I have said before, I personally would like that 1 spot left open for the kids to fight over....or to add someone significant thru FA...like a Panarin. We have enough lower end depth guys that will be ready to help next year. So adding more doesn't make a ton of sense. We need more of the top end guys that pushes everyone downward.

If a guy like Allison can't make the Flyers because we signed Panarin, so be it...lol. But to re-sign Raffl for example like some have mentioned, makes no sense to me. Give the kids a chance if you strike out on getting the big fish.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Help him win a Cup or pad his stats?
Help him with what?
Help him by adding to our own team.

We have shitloads of prospects and picks that can't all play for us. Make smart moves.
We have shitloads of cap space for next year and can get $5 million more if you move AMac somehow.

We have options. We WILL be active. Be ready. Hextall was replaced because he wanted to sit and hoard. Time to be proactive. And certainly Fletch has that directive.

Reactions: Rebels57

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Simmonds is a no brainer...but I can't see a scenario where that doesnt come down to the trade deadline.

Voracek I would only move in a hockey deal. The whole Jake for Tarasenko trade would be an example of that...but I dont think STL would do it. Who knows though...Weber for Suban happened.

Trading G has never, and will never, be a good option.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Trading Simmonds should be a no brainer. What the return is, is up for debate. Even with Simmonds looking like on the downside of his career someone should get desperate to give up something decent in return.
Trading Jake would really be difficult I would think. Finding that team that has the cap space and has what we need in return. A hockey trade makes sense as others have suggested

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad