Simmonds and Voracek time to go

Akanon

Apr 15, 2012
i could not support simmer in a bruins or tml jersey. LIke give me kapanen, but i would hope simmer signed elsewhere in the offseason.

Would Simmer even accept a trade to Toronto? I think I've heard him say that he hates the Leafs.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Look at what Toronto potentially has to offer for Simmonds:
Kapanen
Johnsson
Liligren
Sandin
Brown
First round pick

I sure as hell hope they have serious interest and Simmonds would be willing to go there.

Liljgren, Brown and Johnsson aren't that interesting. Give me Kap, Sandin or their 1st and I'd be stoked.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Kapanen
Johnsson
Liligren
Sandin
Brown
First round pick

I sure as hell hope they have serious interest and Simmonds would be willing to go there.
Toronto & Winnipeg have the best ammo to get Simmonds if they want him bad enough.

I don’t see Toronto giving up any of those players, though, except Johnsson & Brown. Winnipeg has Roslovic & Vesalainen, & to a lesser extent Brendan Lemieux.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Toronto & Winnipeg have the best ammo to get Simmonds if they want him bad enough.

I don’t see Toronto giving up any of those players, though, except Johnsson & Brown. Winnipeg has Roslovic & Vesalainen, & to a lesser extent Brendan Lemieux.

Boston too as Appleyard outlined somewhere.

Kapanen
Johnsson
Liligren
Sandin
Brown
First round pick

I’d like to look at a bigger deal than just Simmonds to extract the most from them.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Boston is likely, they really lack offensive depth at forward.
After the top 4 (Pastrnak, Marchand, Bergeron, Krejci) ES scoring:
DeBrusk 9-2
Heinen 4-5
Backes 8-4
Wagner 5-4

Though they might be just as interested in Voracek, but fitting in his salary could be an issue, as well as the out years.
Boston is an old team looking at a last hurrah: Marchand (30), Bergeron (33), Krejci (32), Backes (34), Chara (41), Halak (33)/Rask (31)

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Backes is cooked.

Johnsson and a first feels like overpayment to me, but I wouldn't be surprised if something like that gets done.

I wouldn't think Winnipeg with its 27% PP would need Simmonds but intangibles, etc.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Everyone would love Kapanen. It should cost more than Simmonds to get him since he's simply a better player right now.

I'd agree with that, but teams get stupid when looking at intangibles/vet presence like Simmonds. I don't have any faith in Fletch long-term, but could steal a few trades like this one.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
If he's the better player, why would TML trade him for Simmer?

I don't think they will.

Of course you could argue almost everyone is a better player than Simmonds right now, including people like Weal who have nearly no trade value. Certainly Johnsson. But he has a huge reputation and he does have 15 goals, so ...

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I don't think Toronto is a good fit for Simmer at all . Toronto needs D

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Fletcher might honestly be in a situation where he can choose from his preferred offer for Simmonds among a few. Let's say Winnipeg, Toronto, Boston, and Nashville all offer a first and a prospect then Fletcher can simply choose which prospect the Flyers value most. I really think this is a situation that will be hard to screw up since several teams seem to have interest and there aren't many players like him who will become available.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Everyone says it's a buyers market. Kinda depends on who falls out and who's re-signed. For instance, Silfverberg could be on the trade block and he's a known playoff performer. If Ottawa is willing to move Stone or if St. Louis puts Tarasenko on the market, it could get nutty.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Silfverberg shouldn't effect the Simmonds market. The only other player who is probably available who is similar to Simmonds is Ferland. That added element of grit and toughness will separate those two from a guy like Silfverberg.

Reactions: BernieParent

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Boston too as Appleyard outlined somewhere.

I’d like to look at a bigger deal than just Simmonds to extract the most from them.
While I don’t think Toronto is trading Kapanen, Liljegren or Sandin for Simmonds, I do think you may be able to pry Johnsson & that would be A-OK to me. That kid is dangerous. For one, he immediately upgrades the team speed in a much needed fashion; two, he’s got goal scoring upside; & he plays both wings.
I have zero interest in Connor Brown.

Boston I have no doubt is interested in Simmonds, but I don’t think they can match the offers that Winnipeg & Toronto are capable of. Ryan Donato would have to be involved, but Winnipeg & Toronto can trump it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->