Simmonds and Voracek time to go

kammy

Jun 29, 2007
fixed

Would like to see a trade with the Oil, I think they are just beginning to wheel and deal. What do you guys think about;

Puljujarvi or Yamamoto
for
Simmonds

Last edited:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hi, came here to see what the asking price from Edmonton for Voracek may look like. Does the cap structure allow retention?
Also heard tell that Ghost is available but I find that one hard to believe.

But if there's merit to both, what are the interests in Edmonton? McDavid, Draisaitl and Klefbom are my only off the tables.
Talbot would probably look pretty good in a different shade of orange.
Neither Voracek nor Ghost are going anywhere.

It’s just stupid fans complaining and being shortsighted.

If players are struggling, it means they’ll never be good again! :dunce:

Reactions: Pointteen

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
In Edmonton that seems to legitimately be the case.
It can feel like that at times for certain players, but what blows my mind is that in Philly we've seen so many cases of the opposite that people should have learned by now.

A perfect example is Claude f***in Giroux. Two down years that weren't even his fault, a ton of people wanted to trade him because he was "declining" and "his contract will be an immovable anchor", and look at him now... last year he sets career highs in goals, assists, and points and he's looking equally as amazing this year (even though his point totals should be even higher than they currently are, due to our PP being last in the league, through no fault of his own).

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It can feel like that at times for certain players, but what blows my mind is that in Philly we've seen so many cases of the opposite that people should have learned by now.

A perfect example is Claude ****in Giroux. Two down years that weren't even his fault, a ton of people wanted to trade him because he was "declining" and "his contract will be an immovable anchor", and look at him now... last year he sets career highs in goals, assists, and points and he's looking equally as amazing this year (even though his point totals should be even higher than they currently are, due to our PP being last in the league, through no fault of his own).
They also moved him to the wing, which almost everyone was dead-set against even attempting.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
They also moved him to the wing, which almost everyone was dead-set against even attempting.
If they were smart, they would have tried him at C last year to be sure if he could/couldn't play there anymore, instead of prematurely moving him to wing.

We now know the move to wing had nothing to do with his improved play, since he's continued to look equally as good at center this year.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If they were smart, they would have tried him at C last year to be sure if he could/couldn't play there anymore, instead of prematurely moving him to wing.

We now know the move to wing had nothing to do with his improved play, since he's continued to look equally as good at center this year.
It wasn't about not being able to be a center any more, they were trying to move Couturier, Patrick, and Laughton around. If it extends Giroux's career and production, I am good with that since I know he can go back to center in a pinch as needed. Couturier wouldn't have had the season he had last year without that having happened. I say this as one of the very few hoping they would do it.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It wasn't about not being able to be a center any more, they were trying to move Couturier, Patrick, and Laughton around. If it extends Giroux's career and production, I am good with that since I know he can go back to center in a pinch as needed. Couturier wouldn't have had the season he had last year without that having happened. I say this as one of the very few hoping they would do it.
It was a huge mistake because it meant having Filppula as 2C all year instead of G and Couts as the top 6 Cs.

If the day comes when Giroux actually starts slowing down and they move him to wing, then fine. But last year was definitely premature.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It was a huge mistake because it meant having Filppula as 2C all year instead of G and Couts as the top 6 Cs.

If the day comes when Giroux actually starts slowing down and they move him to wing, then fine. But last year was definitely premature.

You were blocking Patrick out though, who didn't start well. They had to get more from Couturier and they did. Just because Filppula sucks doesn't mean that part of it didn't work, they didn't bring him back after all. They failed to improve on it and it hasn't helped that Patrick, who they intended to be 2C, has been MIA

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You were blocking Patrick out though, who didn't start well. They had to get more from Couturier and they did. Just because Filppula sucks doesn't mean that part of it didn't work, they didn't bring him back after all. They failed to improve on it and it hasn't helped that Patrick, who they intended to be 2C, has been MIA
Huh? How?

It could have been
G
Couts
Patrick
Filp

Instead of
Couts
Filp
Patrick
Lehtera

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Would like to see a trade with the Oil, I think they are just beginning to wheel and deal. What do you guys think about;

Puljujarvi or Yamamoto (fixed)
for
Simmonds

Yes, 100%, and I will pay for them to come to Philadelphia and I will buy them a breakfast sandwich from McDonald's, or if they are feeling fancy, something from Panera.
Please make this happen, thank you.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Neither Voracek nor Ghost are going anywhere.

It’s just stupid fans complaining and being shortsighted.

If players are struggling, it means they’ll never be good again! :dunce:

You would have to think they are putting feelers out on Jake. Even I can agree he most likely shouldn’t be traded, but if their is a one for one for a pure shooter they have to consider.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
I would trade anyone on this roster except

Giroux
Couturier
Provorov
Patrick
Konecny
Gostisbehere
Sanheim
Hart

And Giroux I’m even on the fence about. Not because he’s the problem or I want to trade him, but because this organization doesn’t deserve him, and he should kind of be sent to a team he has a chance of winning on and isn’t relied upon to do essentially every single thing himself

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
My brain says you move Giroux for a haul.

My heart says Giroux has to stay forever, we watched Lindros have to play with other teams and there is an argument there that he should've stayed and finished his career in Orange and Black, I can't watch another Top 5 franchise player play for another team. I want him to finish here, I want him to get to 1,000 points here.

Reactions: Philly Fanatik

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Voracek is fine. Having a rough year but should be a 60+ point guy until age ~34.

But Simmonds should be moved. He has value around the league still but at 5v5 on merit right now would be on the 4th line, and can replace him on PP with JvR or Patrick.

This. Except I think Simmonds should have been traded the millisecond they decided to sign JVR.

Reactions: kudymen

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
We'd be lucky to get 1 of them straight up let alone both.

I mean, we should be lucky to. Have you seen Chia's trades though? If Gudas was younger and had more hype around him we could get a Taylor Hall level talent based on past stupidity.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You would have to think they are putting feelers out on Jake. Even I can agree he most likely shouldn’t be traded, but if their is a one for one for a pure shooter they have to consider.
I don't think that's a realistic thing to hope for. I doubt any team will be giving away an equally valuable shooter, since top goal scorers are more rare than top playmakers.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I don't think that's a realistic thing to hope for. I doubt any team will be giving away an equally valuable shooter, since top goal scorers are more rare than top playmakers.

Your probably right. And the last thing I would want from a Jake trade is more picks.

Gudas Laughton 2nd get us Nylander ? Can replace the pick with a prospect if we have too. Would give Leafs some depth this year and alleviate salary.

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
My brain says you move Giroux for a haul.

My heart says Giroux has to stay forever, we watched Lindros have to play with other teams and there is an argument there that he should've stayed and finished his career in Orange and Black, I can't watch another Top 5 franchise player play for another team. I want him to finish here, I want him to get to 1,000 points here.
You’re exactly right!
This will never happen and now is the time!
Or we could be like the Leafs organization and got nothing when Mats Sundin skipped town!
NOTHING!...Giroux would give us a flying start with nice package in return!
CCFFC462-ABBC-4905-9907-1EA0269A7EB0.png

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Ag
Thank you for your service but it's obvious you both need new starts..... Trade these guys and do the rebuild.

How many games do we blow late in the game and you see these two names on the ice. Voracek is stealing money from the franchise this year like the Dallas CEO was stating about Seguin and Benn. Voracek is a very good player but he's not a superstar. He hasn't looked like himself for most of the season. Not sure if he didn't come to camp in shape (likely) but he just doesn't seem to care and is playing with no emotion or confidence. I really like him as a player and he's been a good Flyer but he's not the type that can carry a franchise (which were paying him to be). Will be best for him if they do trade him as he needs a fresh start to rejuvenate his career (was hoping new coach would get him going).

I'd do everything to trade JVR as well (just for a fresh rebuild). Tonight was a night in which the franchise can see we need a major shift in the roster. New coach New GM and that doesn't inspire you to work your a** off. Poor G is carrying this whole team. I thought these other guys liked G.... sure aren't playing like it lol!

Agreed we need alot of new things, including coaches that can improve special teams

Reactions: kelmitchell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad