Simmonds and Voracek time to go

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Thank you for your service but it's obvious you both need new starts..... Trade these guys and do the rebuild.

How many games do we blow late in the game and you see these two names on the ice. Voracek is stealing money from the franchise this year like the Dallas CEO was stating about Seguin and Benn. Voracek is a very good player but he's not a superstar. He hasn't looked like himself for most of the season. Not sure if he didn't come to camp in shape (likely) but he just doesn't seem to care and is playing with no emotion or confidence. I really like him as a player and he's been a good Flyer but he's not the type that can carry a franchise (which were paying him to be). Will be best for him if they do trade him as he needs a fresh start to rejuvenate his career (was hoping new coach would get him going).

I'd do everything to trade JVR as well (just for a fresh rebuild). Tonight was a night in which the franchise can see we need a major shift in the roster. New coach New GM and that doesn't inspire you to work your a** off. Poor G is carrying this whole team. I thought these other guys liked G.... sure aren't playing like it lol!

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
Thank you for your service but it's obvious you both need new starts..... Trade these guys and do the rebuild.

How many games do we blow late in the game and you see these two names on the ice. Voracek is stealing money from the franchise this year like the Dallas CEO was stating about Seguin and Benn. Voracek is a very good player but he's not a superstar. He hasn't looked like himself for most of the season. Not sure if he didn't come to camp in shape (likely) but he just doesn't seem to care and is playing with no emotion or confidence. I really like him as a player and he's been a good Flyer but he's not the type that can carry a franchise (which were paying him to be). Will be best for him if they do trade him as he needs a fresh start to rejuvenate his career (was hoping new coach would get him going).

I'd do everything to trade JVR as well (just for a fresh rebuild). Tonight was a night in which the franchise can see we need a major shift in the roster. New coach New GM and that doesn't inspire you to work your a** off. Poor G is carrying this whole team. I thought these other guys liked G.... sure aren't playing like it lol!

Voracek as flawed as he is is still a really good player. He is probably overpaid buy so what. We need to get rid of amac, Simmonds and the pp coach . The team has bigger issues than voracek. I think he is deflated being on a crappy team for so long . Call up Myers and aube kubel. Put Patrick on pp1, take provorov off pp2 and I think voracek looks like a different player. I am amazed how giroux still plays with such passion while getting boned by this organization's stupidity .

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
SCREW_U_TITANS.0.gif

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Voracek is fine. Having a rough year but should be a 60+ point guy until age ~34.

But Simmonds should be moved. He has value around the league still but at 5v5 on merit right now would be on the 4th line, and can replace him on PP with JvR or Patrick.

I think he could be a 60+ point player and still a 70-80 pt player but not with the centers currently on this roster. He's paid like a superstar that can carry a line. That's not what he is imo. He's a 1st line player and an all star level player with an elite C and a team that can afford him to be lax in his own end. Our defense is so crap that forwards that don't back check often lead to goals.

Like I said in my post I like the guy and he's still a good player but he's not the type to lead a team. I wrote in a post last week that he reminds me of Hossa. Great 3rd wheel on a cup contender. If he does get traded to a top team (the team will be ecstatic with him) just think where we are as a franchise its not a good situation that's could be getting worse.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Hi, came here to see what the asking price from Edmonton for Voracek may look like. Does the cap structure allow retention?
Also heard tell that Ghost is available but I find that one hard to believe.

But if there's merit to both, what are the interests in Edmonton? McDavid, Draisaitl and Klefbom are my only off the tables.
Talbot would probably look pretty good in a different shade of orange.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Fair enough but let's get real. Our first is gonna be top 10 and maybe top 5.
Heya, Flyers are not in a quantity for quality type trade. Your untouchable list is fine in theory, but whom else moves the needle on your team? (No sensible Flyer fan would include McDavid in any discussion anyway.) Ghost isn't likely available except for an overpay, due to his contract being too good. He's our new Simmonds, so to say, cheap value good to great player.

If your first is available, let's wait until after the lottery selection, then come back with an actual pick, instead of leaving us to hold the bag. It'd be kinda screwed up if we traded you Voracek and he's what put you guys into the playoffs, while our 1st rd pick went from lottery to non-lottery.

Reactions: Pointteen

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Hi, came here to see what the asking price from Edmonton for Voracek may look like. Does the cap structure allow retention?
Also heard tell that Ghost is available but I find that one hard to believe.

But if there's merit to both, what are the interests in Edmonton? McDavid, Draisaitl and Klefbom are my only off the tables.
Talbot would probably look pretty good in a different shade of orange.

I'm looking at Drai if you want Jake.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Fair enough but let's get real. Our first is gonna be top 10 and maybe top 5.

Jake
Simmer
Laughton
Hagg

for
Nurse
Nugent-Hopkins
Puljujarvi
Talbot

But I'm doing this deal for the Flyers only if it immediately sets up another trade or we've already done something, such as trading for Tarasenko or Seguin or signing Panarin.

Jake is still the best player in this deal here and this kinda just muddies the waters a bit, but Nurse and RNH are legitimately players who can contribute to championship teams.

Reactions: Rebels57

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Jake
Simmer
Laughton
Hagg

for
Nurse
Nugent-Hopkins
Puljujarvi
Talbot

But I'm doing this deal for the Flyers only if it immediately sets up another trade or we've already done something, such as trading for Tarasenko or Seguin or signing Panarin.

Jake is still the best player in this deal here and this kinda just muddies the waters a bit, but Nurse and RNH are legitimately players who can contribute to championship teams.

This is intriguing. Laughton and Hagg can step in and make a difference now. However, this could end up as a shuffling deck chairs type of trade on our end.
Why the willingness to trade Hagg?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Hextall signed JVR to the contract the Wayne Simmonds camp was looking for. Not exactly a bargain but he at least got the better of the two players.

Simmonds has no future here.

Voracek may or may not be moved within the next couple of years. It really depends on what they can get in return, i.e. NHL ready high upside prospect ready to play. Our prospect pool is so deep that any B level prospects will never ever get a fair shot and future draft picks are fine but only prolong the rebuild.

As much as I would love to get Frost, Farabee, Allison on the team asap, they also need to have some Veteran presence as well.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
This is intriguing. Laughton and Hagg can step in and make a difference now. However, this could end up as a shuffling deck chairs type of trade on our end.
Why the willingness to trade Hagg?

Hagg's not that good, we have better defensive prospects just about ready to go.

Laughts is a player. He used to be a guy I thought could snipe a few goals if given the shot but he seems snakebit now. Some versatility, capable defensive center/pker, good speed. Still youngish, and he might still have a future 25-goal season in him.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Hagg's not that good, we have better defensive prospects just about ready to go.

Laughts is a player. He used to be a guy I thought could snipe a few goals if given the shot but he seems snakebit now. Some versatility, capable defensive center/pker, good speed. Still youngish, and he might still have a future 25-goal season in him.

Is Hagg what he is now? His points intrigue me. Could he play second pairing with a guy who can anchor the pairing?

I like Laughton. I see Todd Marchant in his game. He'd be on the Oilers second PP unit. f*** we suck. Laughton would be tied for fifth on the team in goals.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Is Hagg what he is now? His points intrigue me. Could he play second pairing with a guy who can anchor the pairing?

I like Laughton. I see Todd Marchant in his game. He'd be on the Oilers second PP unit. **** we suck. Laughton would be tied for fifth on the team in goals.

If Hagg is on your second pair your defense is terrible. But he has in fact played on 1st/2nd pairings here.

He's not an offensive player. On a scale of 1-10 he was a 1 last year, this year he's managed to throw the puck in the right direction often enough while playing with the top 2 lines that he's been a 3.

Honestly if you're looking for a No. 4/5 type guy with a two-way game, you'd want Mark Friedman.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
If Hagg is on your second pair your defense is terrible. But he has in fact played on 1st/2nd pairings here.

He's not an offensive player. On a scale of 1-10 he was a 1 last year, this year he's managed to throw the puck in the right direction often enough while playing with the top 2 lines that he's been a 3.

Honestly if you're looking for a No. 4/5 type guy with a two-way game, you'd want Mark Friedman.

Then Friedman instead if that adds up. Anything for offence. We're desperate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad