Injury Report: Simek

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Radio also reported that in 3rd Simek retreated to locker room after getting hit in head (with elbow, possibly suspendable).

So, a(nother) possible concussion.

Which means that Ryan might be back in the lineup (if EK65 doesn't return) for Monday.

undercovernerd

Apr 18, 2014
Bend, OR / Bay Area, CA
I'm hoping it was just precautionary like you would with any head contact. He didn't look too shaken up nor did the elbow look that direct.
With less than 3 minutes to go and a 2 minute PP, he wouldn't have played another shift anyway.
Idk man... I’ve had my fair share of concussions. As soon as I saw that hit and the arm go back limp a bit, I immediately said “that’s a concussion.” Hope I’m wrong.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Idk man... I’ve had my fair share of concussions. As soon as I saw that hit and the arm go back limp a bit, I immediately said “that’s a concussion.” Hope I’m wrong.

To add to this, while the hit might have looked much more innocuous than the Bennett hit, the fact that Simek had a concussion mere months ago makes him more prone to future concussions. Source: the concussion I sustained a month after my first one simultaneously was more awful and took less impact to cause.

Really, really hope Simek is okay.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
umm... What? Thru a lifetime of playing football and hockey I've had a number of concussions and never even heard of that as a symptom. C'mon you just made that up didn't you? :huh:

I'm hoping it was just precautionary like you would with any head contact. He didn't look too shaken up nor did the elbow look that direct.
With less than 3 minutes to go and a 2 minute PP, he wouldn't have played another shift anyway.

My thought as well. Standard protocol.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Agreed. His physical play would have been an asset in the playoffs for sure. I think he'd be with Burns
and Vlasic at the bottom pairing, maybe.
He'd probably pair up with Karlsson considering how effective Vlasic has been with Burns. Simek slots in pretty perfectly into Dillon's role with less boneheadedness.

Reactions: Sandisfan

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
If the Sharks lose this series I think the biggest loss is not EK65 being hurt, it's losing Simek prior to the playoffs. Sharks were winning without EK65 but they also had Simek. I think the Sharks will still be Cup contenders again next season and probally for the next 3-5 years atleast. Their Cup Window is not as short as people would like to believe.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
If the Sharks lose this series I think the biggest loss is not EK65 being hurt, it's losing Simek prior to the playoffs. Sharks were winning without EK65 but they also had Simek. I think the Sharks will still be Cup contenders again next season and probally for the next 3-5 years atleast. Their Cup Window is not as short as people would like to believe.

I am not sure if we will be cup contenders but definitely can push other teams in the playoffs. Even if we do not re-sign any of our UFA's this year including Pavs, we are still a fairly decent team. A lot would depend on if any of our prospects can make an immediate impact as the NHL players in 19-20.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad