Injury Report: Simek out with concussion.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
You mean the Perry/Marchand scale?

He's off the Varmint Chart

cut.jpg

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Similar hit from Wood on Benn tonight. If Wood gets suspended, I give up.

If Wood gets suspended, I'd be furious if I was a Jersey fan, hit may have been a bit late, but it was clean otherwise. Bennett's was a straight up jumping blindside headshot after a 30 foot charge.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
If Wood gets suspended, I'd be furious if I was a Jersey fan, hit may have been a bit late, but it was clean otherwise. Bennett's was a straight up jumping blindside headshot after a 30 foot charge.

Again...late hits are the most dangerous ones in hockey and almost always cause injuries. They're never clean. Hyman got 2 Games, Bennett none. Don't expect Wood to get the punishment he deserves...

Reactions: Sandisfan

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Bennett is a POS but how can you say it was blind side? He was skating directly at Simek from in front. Not even sure it was a charge... It was a leaping head shot though which should have drawn a suspension.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Bennett is a POS but how can you say it was blind side? He was skating directly at Simek from in front. Not even sure it was a charge... It was a leaping head shot though which should have drawn a suspension.

The term blindside from the game's perspective has generally meant from the perspective of where the head is positioned and what it's looking at. Simek isn't looking in front of him because he's passing the puck back around the net. People want to chastise him for admiring his pass in such a condescending manner but there's obviously no admiring of such a pass in the freaking defensive zone on the last shift of a three goal game. He's doing what hockey players are always taught as d-men which is to try and keep the play in front of you. Bennett knew that and did what he did anyway because he's a piece of crap. And I hope he gets his in the next game and I hope that Gaudreau and/or Monahan get laid into pretty heavily as well as a little payback but I doubt that much. They'll fight Bennett, it'll likely be a nothing event, and they'll move on when they should want to take out that entire team.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
The term blindside from the game's perspective has generally meant from the perspective of where the head is positioned and what it's looking at. Simek isn't looking in front of him because he's passing the puck back around the net. People want to chastise him for admiring his pass in such a condescending manner but there's obviously no admiring of such a pass in the freaking defensive zone on the last shift of a three goal game. He's doing what hockey players are always taught as d-men which is to try and keep the play in front of you. Bennett knew that and did what he did anyway because he's a piece of crap. And I hope he gets his in the next game and I hope that Gaudreau and/or Monahan get laid into pretty heavily as well as a little payback but I doubt that much. They'll fight Bennett, it'll likely be a nothing event, and they'll move on when they should want to take out that entire team.

In addition to this, I was very surprised at the no-suspension decision on the sole basis of the fact that this was a hit to the head and resulted in a concussion. The DOPS most definitely does not appear to have any standard with how they are handing out punishments. Before this I was fairly confident that any hit to the head that resulted in a concussion would result in a suspension unless it was totally accidental. And this hit was definitely not an accident.

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA
It was definitely a dirty hit, and should be illegal if it isn't already, but I have yet to see an angle where he hits him in the head. Looked really shoulder to chest to me.

I'm just a proponent of calling it what it was instead of trying to exaggerate for effect. If someone can show me the headshot angle, I'd gladly change my mind. I al ready hate Parros and Bennett, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad