Injury Report: Simek ACL & MCL (Surgery Required)

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Well, s***. It was expected though. :( I hope Simek's recovery goes well, and hopefully Ryan is able to step in and play well in order to regain PDB's trust because I would really prefer to not see 61-88...

Reactions: Sandisfan

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I love Ryan, but I am a little interested in:

Vlasic - Burns
Dillon - Karlsson
Braun - Heed

Except Vlasic and Burns are kinda meh. With how Dillon has been playing, maybe switch him and Vlasic in that lineup?

I just think having 3 D pairings, each with a high caliber offensive guy on them is a great luxury.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Feels even worse cuz he's an older "rookie" and it took a lotta work for him to get here.

The good thing is he probably created enough good will with the coaches and team that once he comes back he will be one of the ones that has to lose his spot no matter how bad he is.

Like martin was.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Well, now that he's done for the season, he and his agent can focus on getting a new contract signed once July 1st hits. lol

But seriously, I just hope he's ready for the start of next season because he did an admirable job all year.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Well, now that he's done for the season, he and his agent can focus on getting a new contract signed once July 1st hits. lol

But seriously, I just hope he's ready for the start of next season because he did an admirable job all year.
He has one more year on his deal already. Or did you mean an extension beyond that?

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
An extension beyond that. He can sign one on July 1. I think he's earned it.
Indeed.

It’s a good thing that Heed found his game recently. We just need Ryan to rediscover his and the Sharks should be able to maintain their level of play until Karlsson returns.

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
Any teams potentially waiving a defenseman in the coming weeks? Can't imagine we want to go into playoffs with Jake Middleton as D8 or even D7 depending on Karlsson's health.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Any teams potentially waiving a defenseman in the coming weeks? Can't imagine we want to go into playoffs with Jake Middleton as D8 or even D7 depending on Karlsson's health.

Couldn't play them in the playoffs even if they did. The Sharks could even still trade for a dman but that traded player couldn't play in the playoffs. This hole Simek created really hurts because I think as good as this organization has been with plugging in these bottom pairing guys, they're almost at the end of the rope-- at least for right now.

Reactions: ChompChomp

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
Couldn't play them in the playoffs even if they did. The Sharks could even still trade for a dman but that traded player couldn't play in the playoffs. This hole Simek created really hurts because I think as good as this organization has been with plugging in these bottom pairing guys, they're almost at the end of the rope-- at least for right now.

I know he wasn't waived but does that mean that Lee Stempniak can't play for the Bruins in the playoffs?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Was expecting something like this though had hoped for better. Hope he keeps his mimd right and works his butt off. I have no doubts the team and staff will support him through it.

SharksCyclops

May 4, 2010
Bay Area
I believe in Joaky too but I don’t believe Pete believes in Joaky and unfortunately his opinion has just slightly more bearing on Ryan’s ice time than mine does. :(
I don't dislike Ryan, but am I wrong in thinking Simek is miles ahead of Ryan at the left point? Not only is his shot way better but his sense of when to jump in and when to stay back seems much more apparent. Maybe I just am being subjective.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I don't dislike Ryan, but am I wrong in thinking Simek is miles ahead of Ryan at the left point? Not only is his shot way better but his sense of when to jump in and when to stay back seems much more apparent. Maybe I just am being subjective.

You’re absolutely wrong if you think Simek is “miles” better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad