SIM Updates To Do List

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Follow along - and please make notes in this thread pertaining to the updating of the files.

TO DO

FINANCES

- Awards Financial Prizes DONE
- Sim Gods Financial Prizes DONE
- Endorsements DONE
- TV Revenue DONE
- Pool Revenue?
DONE

ROSTERS

- Re Hire Coaches DONE
- Prospect Releases UP TO DATE: June 28
- Buyouts UP TO DATE: June 28
- DRAFT DONE
- Draft Day Trades (not submitted in correct formats) DONE
- Retirees & Euros UP TO DATE: June 28
- SIM BUG - I've noticed that contract DETAILS are missing due to a sim bug. DONE

WINNIPEG JETS

- Name DONE
- Stadium
- GM DONE

FUTURE BIZ
- Free Agents
- Ratings

MAINTENANCE
- Prospect Names Edits

As of June 28 all trades are updated

Last edited:

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
Matt - can you please clarify the trade format issue? I see my draft day trade with MTL is among those not processed but as far as I know it was all submitted through normal format. I.e. e-mails to Sean, confirmation from Sean, etc.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Matt - can you please clarify the trade format issue? I see my draft day trade with MTL is among those not processed but as far as I know it was all submitted through normal format. I.e. e-mails to Sean, confirmation from Sean, etc.

I need to know which pick was traded. Saying the 49th pick requires me to search to see which team owns it. Correct format would be 2011 CGY 2nd Round pick. With the dozens of trades, and so many picks traded, and so many (the majority) draft picks incorrectly submitted in the format of "49th pick" it would take me hours to look all of them up, time I don't have this week... Thanks Champ!

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
I need to know which pick was traded. Saying the 49th pick requires me to search to see which team owns it. Correct format would be 2011 CGY 2nd Round pick. With the dozens of trades, and so many picks traded, and so many (the majority) draft picks incorrectly submitted in the format of "49th pick" it would take me hours to look all of them up, time I don't have this week... Thanks Champ!

For the record I do believe I sent it in the format you needed above (might be wrong) but I believe mine said "DET 2011 3rd (90th)".
That aside what is it you need GM's to do now? resend them all individually?

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
For the record I do believe I sent it in the format you needed above (might be wrong) but I believe mine said "DET 2011 3rd (90th)".
That aside what is it you need GM's to do now? resend them all individually?

That's it. I believe yours was transacted. It only applies to GM's who didn't do it correctly and they've all been individually emailed. Oh, and Hasnain and Sean G, there is a transaction of yours that is in the pile because the trades previous to yours was incorrectly formatted.

Lord Stanley

Revoluccion Leader
Feb 24, 2003
In your head
revoluccionsoup.sauna.ca
Follow along - and please make notes in this thread pertaining to the updating of the files.

TO DO

FINANCES

- Awards Financial Prizes
- Sim Gods Financial Prizes
- Endorsements

ROSTERS

- Re Hire Coaches DONE
- Prospect Releases
- Buyouts
- DRAFT
- Draft Day Trades (not submitted in correct formats)
- Retirees & Euros

WINNIPEG JETS

- Name
- Stadium
- GM

FUTURE BIZ
- Free Agents
- Ratings

As of June 21 @ 9:07 Pacific all trades are updated (except those submitted incorrectly)

Coaches are done

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
That's it. I believe yours was transacted. It only applies to GM's who didn't do it correctly and they've all been individually emailed. Oh, and Hasnain and Sean G, there is a transaction of yours that is in the pile because the trades previous to yours was incorrectly formatted.

Ok. I'm still a little confused why it's being held up. I forwarded you the "previous" trade submission and the approval for it. It was correctly formatted as far as I know (exactly how Drew described above).

As always, appreciate your hard work with this...

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Ok. I'm still a little confused why it's being held up. I forwarded you the "previous" trade submission and the approval for it. It was correctly formatted as far as I know (exactly how Drew described above).

As always, appreciate your hard work with this...

It looks like I didn't get the original email. I see that I'm copied in the header - but its not in my inbox.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Jon, I don't know if you're pushing through updates while Matthew is in Blighty, but in case you are, the Varlamov/Dubinsky trade is still pending. Format of the trade is correct, so I'm not sure why it hadn't been processed. No worries though.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Jon, I don't know if you're pushing through updates while Matthew is in Blighty, but in case you are, the Varlamov/Dubinsky trade is still pending. Format of the trade is correct, so I'm not sure why it hadn't been processed. No worries though.

My fault. I'm doing it as soon as my draft list is in. I started trades while in the air and then couldn't upload. Limits to Wifi in the air I suppose....

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Draft is Done.
Prospect Releases and Buyouts are up to date.
I think there is only one trade pending - the rest are in.
Jon is now working on the next section, the financial updates....

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
It looks like Nick Cousins was drafted accidently to the Kings instead of the Coyotes at 66 overall. In the sim you should be able to delete him from the Kings and create a new Nick Cousins for the Coyotes, then edit him to enter his draft round/pick info (this avoids it being listed as a trade from LA to PHX on the outputted history files).

Edit: Looks like this happened with Brett Ritchie too. He should be on the Coyotes as well (36th overall).

Edit: It also looks like the players were also entered/drafted into the sim in a slightly different order than what actually happened. I've noticed on the prospects page that Couturier is listed as 9th overall instead of 5th and Murphy 12th instead of 11th. Hopefully the draft history that we file away is the actual order and not the STHS-outputted page.

Last edited:

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Same as Hamilton, who was picked 7th overall rather than 6th.

I'm guessing the sim didn't know the lottery winner moved from 9th to 5th is what happened, although that doesn't explain Murphy at 12 instead of 11. These can be edited in the sim though.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
I'm guessing the sim didn't know the lottery winner moved from 9th to 5th is what happened, although that doesn't explain Murphy at 12 instead of 11. These can be edited in the sim though.

There is no way in the sim order to enter the exact draft order given the way we "manually" do our lottery winner. Hence the results of the draft lottery eff the order in the main file for the first round.

The draft history has already been fixed to reflect this and the other things you noted (which are a result of GM's not responding to my emails asking for them to fix their trade submissions... which in this case wasnt done and so the players were drafted out of order and fixed manually... which I was pretty pissed off about but luckily it passed before I got all official and pissy about it.)

www.hfnhl.com/draft/2011draft.htm

Last edited:

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
There is no way in the sim order to enter the exact draft order given the way we "manually" do our lottery winner. Hence the results of the draft lottery eff the order in the main file for the first round.

The draft history has already been fixed to reflect this and the other things you noted (which are a result of GM's not responding to my emails asking for them to fix their trade submissions... which in this case wasnt done and so the players were drafted out of order and fixed manually... which I was pretty pissed off about but luckily it passed before I got all official and pissy about it.)

www.hfnhl.com/draft/2011draft.htm

This is an important lesson for next year, the draft pcks and trading at the draft. Jeff and I were simply trying to be time efficient so the chat room didn't get angry, but we were insisting on e-mails anyways, so next year we should absolutely insist that each e-mail has the draft picks in the right format.

On the other hand, if teams start trading picks they don't have, that's something we're just not going to catch every time. We're lucky if we catch that in a regular trade - at the madness of the draft it's not going to happen unless the room is more patient with trades.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
This is an important lesson for next year, the draft pcks and trading at the draft. Jeff and I were simply trying to be time efficient so the chat room didn't get angry, but we were insisting on e-mails anyways, so next year we should absolutely insist that each e-mail has the draft picks in the right format.

It doesn't really matter on draft day, but when it comes to the final email confirmation it would help. It's just that this time of year, even with Jon and I splitting the duties, sim updates are a major time consumer - added to the fact there are constant deadlines. So, adding two or three hours because we have to go through each of the dozens of trades just becomes too much.

And I should also add that we appreciate that Jeff went through half the problem emails and fixed them for other GM's...

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Matt,

NYR 3rd 2012 should be Dal 3rd 2012 which I received for Kuba and traded over to Washington Zherdev.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Matt, I just noticed that John Oduya Age did not change from last year to this year. Can you double check as there maybe more players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad