[Silver Sevens] The “Fleece-Off Circle”: A Look at the Senators Before the Trade Deadline

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
To the team off the ice definitely. On the ice. It's debatable this year. In years past definitely not.

Maybe for you. But he is in the top of the league usually for hits. This is a part of the game that is still important.

Yes, we all know he made some bad plays. But for all the casual hits that hurt, he makes those count. I don't think you see this.

The coaches do.
The team does too. On both sides of the ice.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Remember those without social media truly believe this is a HFSens only issue. Even though the empty seats speak for themselves.

If you mean twitter, I wish I had more time.

I was looking at google news which has tweets embedded under news topics and came across this tweet response to Dreger below. You can quickly check his past posts, and see this is a leaf fan stirring shit up. I sincerely think that the people that are tweeting the Melnyk out hourly are the real bots that work hard for the demise of the team. It is a noble endeavour to try and oust the owner, but in the end it is the future fans that are swayed to not follow this team, and it is also the young prospects that see this shit day in and day out. Great work team twitter. Bravo to the hate bots. ;)

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
If you mean twitter, I wish I had more time.

I was looking at google news which has tweets embedded under news topics and came across this tweet response to Dreger below. You can quickly check his past posts, and see this is a leaf fan stirring **** up. I sincerely think that the people that are tweeting the Melnyk out hourly are the real bots that work hard for the demise of the team. It is a noble endeavour to try and oust the owner, but in the end it is the future fans that are swayed to not follow this team, and it is also the young prospects that see this **** day in and day out. Great work team twitter. Bravo to the hate bots. ;)

I am not talking about the very small percentage of people who tweet "MelnykOut", I am more talking about people who discuss this team on a daily basis that aren't Garrioch/Warren. People like Kyle Bas (Sportsnet), Hailey Salvian, other follows like Tyler Ray, SensChirp, Murray Pam, Travis Yost, etc. I could list a ton. Tons of quality follows that provide a different perspective of the organization, the players, etc. and they are not all negative as Eugene and PD would have you believe. Some of my follows have a hard "boycott" type stance, while most others are pure die hard Sens fans like you and I

TBH, there are prob more Melnyk bots on HFSens than there are on Twitter now.

Last edited:

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
If we don't see 3 trades (minimum) I'll be fairly disappointed. I don't particularly care that PD is "running out of time" this team needs to move out some bodies and recoup what they can for the.

Trades I need to see: Pageau/Tierney + Demelo/Boro + Namestnikov
Trades I'd like to see: Hainsey + Ennis + Demelo/Boro
Would take a minor miracle: Anderson

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
If we don't see 3 trades (minimum) I'll be fairly disappointed. I don't particularly care that PD is "running out of time" this team needs to move out some bodies and recoup what they can for the.

Trades I need to see: Pageau/Tierney + Demelo/Boro + Namestnikov
Trades I'd like to see: Hainsey + Ennis + Demelo/Boro
Would take a minor miracle: Anderson
I can’t see Boro being moved as he will still be out with the ankle.

Demelo and Pageau will either be signed or traded IMO.

I Still think we can get a 4th for Names.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I can’t see Boro being moved as he will still be out with the ankle.

Demelo and Pageau will either be signed or traded IMO.

I Still think we can get a 4th for Names.
If Andy Greene, of the exact same point totals and only a year younger than Ron Hainsey went for a second round pick, there should be no excuse for not trading Hainsey. Greene went for a second, Hainsey should get at least a 3rd. Unfortunately, based on the Garrioch/Warren articles, it seems as though the Sens are more likely to keep Hainsey for some reason.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
If Andy Greene, of the exact same point totals and only a year younger than Ron Hainsey went for a second round pick, there should be no excuse for not trading Hainsey. Greene went for a second, Hainsey should get at least a 3rd. Unfortunately, based on the Garrioch/Warren articles, it seems as though the Sens are more likely to keep Hainsey for some reason.
Greene was playing top pair for NJ and is one of Lou’s all time favourites. If Hainsey was playing like he was before getting injured then I would say there might be a market, but since he came back he has been a big liability on the ice so I doubt there is any chance we can move him.

Reactions: slamigo

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Greene was playing top pair for NJ and is one of Lou’s all time favourites. If Hainsey was playing like he was before getting injured then I would say there might be a market, but since he came back he has been a big liability on the ice so I doubt there is any chance we can move him.

Greene is averaging 9 seconds more/game than Hainsey. Also has the same number of points in 2 less games.

It's entirely possible that no one pays the price (or even close) that Lou did, but it's not because Hainsey is significantly worse. I wouldn't be overly surprised if Lou was in on Greene AND Hainsey given his past links to both players. Hopefully the team didn't miss out on their best chance to move Hainsey (although I still see the logic for keeping him if Demelo and/or Boro are headed out the door). Keeping more than 1 of the 3 UFA defencemen would be a bit of a failure in my mind though.

Reactions: BatherSeason

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Greene is averaging 9 seconds more/game than Hainsey. Also has the same number of points in 2 less games.

It's entirely possible that no one pays the price (or even close) that Lou did, but it's not because Hainsey is significantly worse. I wouldn't be overly surprised if Lou was in on Greene AND Hainsey given his past links to both players. Hopefully the team didn't miss out on their best chance to move Hainsey (although I still see the logic for keeping him if Demelo and/or Boro are headed out the door). Keeping more than 1 of the 3 UFA defencemen would be a bit of a failure in my mind though.
Probably we gonna trade Demelo because more value and keep Hainsey for one more year

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Hainsey is a UFA after this season, there is really no need for him past this current season. If you don't get any offers for him, you don't re-sign him, you let him ride off into the sunset.
Yeah I know, what I want to said is probably re-sign him for one more year for give JBD and Thomson one more year to develop

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Hainsey is a UFA after this season, there is really no need for him past this current season. If you don't get any offers for him, you don't re-sign him, you let him ride off into the sunset.
They better not re-sign Hainsey. I was fine with him being signed for this season and I will be okay if he is kept past the TDL, but he better not be around past July 1st.

Reactions: BatherSeason

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad