TV: Silicon Valley final season

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Sad to see it coming to an end, but it did lose something without erlich, IMO.

Anyways, 6 seasons. That's a good run.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Gilfoyle and Dinesh never ending rivalry makes up for lack of Errich Bachman.

Nah. He's missed. Way too unique of character to not be.

However, I do get the feeling they are building up to Dinesh finally just destroying Gilfoyle in the season finale.

Last edited:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
i havent watched it in a few years, im gonna rewatch it all when it ends

hows it holding up without erlich
Still great IMO. I like Erlich but the interesting thing about him is that he kind of operated comedically outside of the other 4 main characters. Really, outside of Jian-Yang, I don't think you lose any dynamic with the rest of the cast.

Like if you were to take Gilfoyle away for example, Dinesh would probably suffer greatly.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Still great IMO. I like Erlich but the interesting thing about him is that he kind of operated comedically outside of the other 4 main characters. Really, outside of Jian-Yang, I don't think you lose any dynamic with the rest of the cast.

Like if you were to take Gilfoyle away for example, Dinesh would probably suffer greatly.

Yeah, Jian yang has been far less compelling without erlich.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land

True and false. You're right the show is still good. But on the other hand the guys need that over the top idiot of whom you never know quite what to expect to balance out their nerdie predictible personalities.

Jin Yang? I did not mind his charater arc of last season. It thought it was funny to see him become more like Erlich. But, yeah better with Bachman still.

My question is what happened to Jin Yang's face? He hardly looks like the young version from season one.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Regarding Jin Yang, it was funny to watch the actor essentially play an Ehrlich type in Crazy Rich Asians, and then have his character on SV start moving towards there.

I think the show worked well without Ehrlich. We'll never know how his character would have been handled, but it's hard to see how he'd fit into plot as the company became more successful.

He was definitely funny during his run, but I don't feel that this was a case where a huge hole was left by a cast departure.

I find that the sub plots around Richard Belson provides enough of a B story most of the time.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I didn't really like the increased screen time for Jin Yang. He was great as a bit joke, especially when leveraged against Ehrlich, but going from a recurring characters to a core character didn't really work that well for me.

Reactions: Jurky

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
I find myself laughing less at this show the last few seasons. The soundtrack always delivers though.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Did the Facebook logo in the intro turn into Cyrillic version before this season?

I enjoyed the first episode of the season. Guilfoyle vs Dinesh will never get old.

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
First episode was ok. Show hasn't been great for a few years, but I'll watch to the end here.

Did the Facebook logo in the intro turn into Cyrillic version before this season?

I enjoyed the first episode of the season. Guilfoyle vs Dinesh will never get old.
They started that last season with the Facebook logo.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Caught up on the first two episodes last night. I had forgotten where some of the characters were at the end of the previous season. I thought they had already ditched Colin and I couldn't remember what Laurie the VC was doing.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
This season's off to a real good start after the past lackluster season or two.

Reactions: Tuggy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad