Silfverberg Injured?

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Read he left the ice earlier, but saw him back on a few minutes later. Don't think he's injured.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
He has been invisible as of late, hope he's not out to long but missing him won't be a huge loss atm.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Probably benched, for good reason too. He needs to get that spark back in his game, sitting him for a game would do him a lot of good.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I saw him looking uncomfortable with a training behind him talking to him in the 3rd.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I'm sorry I can't take anything you say seriously if it isn't ended with

2CHAINZZZZZZZZ!!!!

:sarcasm:

sorry you're right. Silfverberg hasn't looked good as of late, he isn't physical and hasn't been an offensive threat. I hope all is well but the boy could use a game or two watching from up high.

2CHHHAAAIIIIINNNZZZZZ

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Someone mentioned it earlier in the GDT, but it bears repeating here:

This is probably the most games Silf has played in his career by far. Dude is probably gassed and running on fumes, as are most euro players at this point in the season in their first year in North America. The 80+ game season is a grind if you're not used to it.

#occam'srazor

RISPECK CLASS 101

Apr 6, 2011
New Scotland

This is probably the most games Silf has played in his career by far. Dude is probably gassed and running on fumes, as are most euro players at this point in the season in their first year in North America. The 80+ game season is a grind if you're not used to it.

#occam'srazor

Of course what Bonk means is the 48 games in the NHL plus the games he played in the AHL earlier this year.

(When I read this at first I was like "LOL BONK SHORT SEAZON MANG" and then realized what he meant lol.)

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary

#occam'srazor

I also made mention he is likely hitting a wall in the Zibanejad thread.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Of course what Bonk means is the 48 games in the NHL plus the games he played in the AHL earlier this year.

(When I read this at first I was like "LOL BONK SHORT SEAZON MANG" and then realized what he meant lol.)

Yep! ;)

34 AHL games + 41 NHL games = 75 game season for Silf so far this year.

Silf WON the SEL championship last year with Brynas, and still only managed to play 61 total games, including playoffs.

Berserker*

#occam'srazor

He was heavily hyped by the media and much of our fan base prior to and much of this season. All that hype may have lead to too high expectations by the fan base, which in turn would lead to many fans being critical of his performance at this point.

For those of us that feel that Silfveberg's upside is that of a high end second liner, he is performing as expected.

IMO it is a combination of the high expectations and overall fatigue, as you have stated, that have lead to the perception that Silfverberg is "off" or under performing. But abiding by Occam's razor, your explanation is sufficient.

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
Earlier in the game he was on the bench and really flexing his (left?) hand or wrist. He had some really inaccurate passes tonight, too. I think that he's hurt.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Lets remember Silfv played a lot with Alfie who dictates the pace of the game and draws a lot of attention. On top of that Silfv surprised a lot of guys playing as a LW on his off wing pulling the puck off the O-zone boards and then shifting back to the centre of the ice. Playing with other young guys is faster paced but much more erratic. The kids are energetic but they also haven't quite learned to finish yet. I hope Stache continues with the same lines for a while anyway. Give them a chance to work the kinks out and get their game together.

source

Jul 13, 2008
Kyle Turris has 2 points in his last 8 games and hasn't scored in his last 13 games. This is the guy you should be dumping on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->