Proposal: Silf to Boston

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
First off, I read that Sweeney is looking for a scoring forward, so this the reasoning to the proposal.

When looking at Boston’s prospect pool, I think the Ducks would be interested in a power forward like Trent Fredric, although I feel we need more skill than a player that the franchise even stated has a ceiling of a 3rd line player.

After watching the WJC’s last year, Oskar Steen impressed me and seems like a player the Ducks could want back, (Swede, fiesty, goal scoring potential), I also like Bjork, which, I believe, Read somewhere could be available. I also have moderate interest in Victor Berglund

Would something around Silf for Fredrick/Steen/Bjork/Berglund + a draft pick work?

Obviously the draft picks would change between the 4 players, but how would that be as a base to a trade?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I could see them parting with Steen and Berglund for Silfverberg as a two for one instead of the usual 2nd added to one of them. Bjork and Frederic will be guys that will progress slowly as them and Senyshyn were taken on as projects with huge upside but will take time.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Its crazy with all these injuries in Boston that the Bruins are getting we're seeing all the prospects (Donato, JFK, DeBrusk, Heinen, Cave, Lauzon, Zboril, Clifton) get their shots while the second tier gets prime ice time in Providence.

Squeezing out wins but it really feels like the opposition is one hit away from taking out Pastrnak, DeBrusk or Krejci as the top six depth gets thinner. You'd think a move is coming soon before the entire Providence lineup is skating for the Bruins.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Lol I read that as all 4 plus a pick and pooped myself. Bjork I think would be the smartest guy for Boston to move and for the Ducks to target. For Boston, because they have Marchand, DeBrusk, Donato and Heinen also as left wingers. For the Ducks because he is likely the best prospect listed. He will be an NHLer and likely a good two way 2nd liner, but Bruins need help NOW. Steen and Berglund would obviously be pluses and not primary pieces, although good eye on Steen.

Frederic would be least likely to move. Gretzky’s comment on his 3rd liner ceiling are not echoed by folks that are still in the org, especially given his offensive improvements after his freshman year which was hampered by a wrist injury.

I’d want to fish big first, but something like Bjork + Steen would work for this fan.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Bruins fans have said they think there would be a reluctance to move a 1st rounder for a second consecutive year (understandable for sure) which makes it tougher for me to see a deal lining up for what could be the best rental winger on the market. The Ducks are swimming in potential middle six forwards for next year and Silf can bring back a more enticing return than a couple B prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad