Discussion in 'Detroit Red Wings' started by Ricelund, Dec 4, 2019.
I think he is nearer the Skinner money.
How many teams have that kind of cap space?
I'm not sure if he's going to get $7M just based on the cap space crunch that every team is in. Unless Columbus wants him....
Current playoff teams CAPSPACE for next season:
1. Washington - possible, if the let Holtby walk.
2. Boston - possible, even if they keep Krug
3. NY Islanders - not probable, RFAs will eat the space and need for a center.
4. Philadelphia, - not probable, RFAs will eat the space
5. Pittsburgh - possible, but would be stupid soon to be regressing team.
6. Carolina - possible
7. Florida - possible, if they let either Hoffmann or Dadonov walk
8. Buffalo - possible, if they let other people walk. 33M in cap space.
9. Montreal - possible
10. Toronto - not possible. All cap space goes to defence.
11. Tampa Bay - not possible. RFAs will eat the cap space.
12. NY Rangers - possible
13. Columbus - Maybe not possible, RFAs and new goaltender is gonna cost.
14. Ottawa - possible. 38M in cap space.
15. New Jersey - possible.
16. Detroit - possible. 35M in cap space.
1. St. Louis - possible only, if Pietrangelo walks.
2. Edmonton - possible.
3. Colorado - possible.
4. Arizona - not possible.
5. Winnipeg - not possible.
6. Vegas - not possible.
7. Dallas - maybe possible.
8. Vancouver - not possible.
9. San Jose - not possible.
10. Minnesota - not possible and definitely last team to go. Downswing coming.
11. Calgary - not possible.
12. Nashville - not possible.
13. Anaheim - not possible.
14. Chicago - not possible.
15. Los Angeles - possible, if they all guys walk.
Do we really have that much cap space?
When do the contracts of Zetterberg, Franzen +++ expire ?
Zetterberg is included. Franzen deal will end at this season.
Hypothetical of course reality not a chance.
1. LW - Taylor Hall - 9.5M
2. RW - Anthony Mantha - 7.0M
3. C - Dylan Larkin - 6.1M
4. W - Tyler Bertuzzi - 5.0M
5. W - Andreas Athanasiou - 4.5M
6. W - Robby Fabbri - 3.5M
7. C - Valtteri Filppula - 3.0M
8. C - Quinton Byfield - 925k
9. RW - Filip Zadina - 894k
10. C - Luke Glendening - 1.8M
11. W - Evgeny Svechnikov - 1.0M
12. C/LW - Michael Rasmussen - 894k
13. C - Frans Nielsen - 5.25M
14. W - Justin Abdelkader - 4.25M
1. LD - Torey Krug - 7.0M
2. LD - Dan DeKeyser - 5.0M
3. RD - Filip Hronek - 4.5M
4. LD - Patrik Nemeth - 3.0M
5. RD - Moritz Seider - 925k
6. D - Dennis Cholowski - 894k
7. RD - Madison Bowey - 700k
1. G - Robin Lehner - 6.0M
2. G - Jonathan Bernier - 3.0M
Hall --- Larkin --- Mantha
AA --- Filppula --- Bertuzzi
Fabbri --- Byfield --- Zadina
Rasmussen - Glendy - Svechnikov
Krug --- Seider
DeKeyser --- Hronek
Nemeth --- Cholowski
- Helm traded at 2020 deadline or summer.
- Others let walk.
This would be total ~84.2M with Zetterberg included. So we would have 6M LTIR space after that.
After Nielsen and Abdelkader are gone, there's 9 million of that dead weigth to be used for something else. Also Weiss 1.6M caphit is gone in a year.
This is how our rebuild will end. One scenario. It happens very fast, when the time is right. Just need some elite pieces who like to join, we already have the depth core in place.
I think that's a bubble team at best.
At first, yeah. But after the growth from youth, we'll raise on the top.
This off season should be interesting. 8 RFA's and 5 UFA's. Plenty of cap space. I'm just not sure this is the guy to go after? The Wings need a true leader.
I'd sign him, we are going to have more cap than most. I highly highly doubt he has any interest in Detroit right now unfortunately.
Who would you be willing to pay $11 million per year that will reach free agency?
Nobody at the moment. We suck and will still suck next year. If you add Taylor Hall to this roster we are still terrible.
So in other words wait until the team is good to sign someone?
But you need to sign people to get good!
Oh no, we are caught in a time paradox. We have to travel back in time before the Borg can sabotage our rebuild and prevent us from making First Draft Pick!
Your projected salary for our RFA seem very fair. Well thought out.
Now that would be an exciting offseason.
Outgoing players would be:
Helm, Erne, Perlini, Ehn, (Franzen caphit), Green, Ericsson, Daley, Biega, Howard, (Ouellet caphit)
That's kind of 24 millions of dead weight. 1/3 of whole roster value.
If you can put that on your roster as normal value, team will have remarkable upswing.
Then there will be the another round of "dead weight 2.0" to get Weiss, Nielsen & Abdelkader out and we are finally back in business.
I think Weiss also drops off this year if I remember right so that would be another million
Still next season with Weiss.
Then we are free.
I will play this at summer of 2021 in the memory of Stephen Weiss.
He [mod] sucks, hard pass.
I think this is more fitting in regard with how Weiss worked out
Or maybe this
P.S. that's a beautiful song by the way