Salary Cap: Signing Jacob Trouba Part II

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
If Trouba thinks he's worth $ 7.5 to 8 mil-- then it's likely he signs "mid term"--like for 3-4 years in the $ 6 to 6.5 range --get financial security, and be gone as a free agent when that term comes up. We'll see what happens ??

Last edited:

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
All I know is Trouba is not stupid...

Drafted as a Jet...

Jacob knows the future looks to be very great...

Why go to a team where the possibility of possibly never winning the Stanley Cup?

Sheif helped lead the way towards player friendly contract's in order to play with other great players...

Troubs knows this...

Will he follow?

I believe so but we really will never know until it actually gets settled one way or the other...

Go :jets Go

Reactions: GNP

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
if trouba worked half as hard as shief does in the off season he would be a norris candidate. but i get the feeling he enjoys the game just not the hard work you have to put in away from the ice. hes still our 2nd best d man.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
if trouba worked half as hard as shief does in the off season he would be a norris candidate. but i get the feeling he enjoys the game just not the hard work you have to put in away from the ice. hes still our 2nd best d man.
I'd say 3rd at best. I'm sure glad "we" arent the GM ;) He might be just a tad overvalued around here.

Reactions: thegr8one66

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
I'd say 3rd at best. I'm sure glad "we" arent the GM ;) He might be just a tad overvalued around here.
sorry but morrisey isnt better than trouba as of today. hes close but when both are "on" trouba is alot better. imo of course and i wish i was the gm .. how much is chevy getting paid :D

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Mo seems to make fewer mistakes doesn't just look to blast the puck every time. Trouba is the better athlete. Mo has to cover up for Trouba on a 2 on 1 more than Trouba has to cover for Mo. That just be a stylistic difference.
You could probably make as many points about why Trouba is better than Mo.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Mo seems to make fewer mistakes doesn't just look to blast the puck every time. Trouba is the better athlete. Mo has to cover up for Trouba on a 2 on 1 more than Trouba has to cover for Mo. That just be a stylistic difference.
You could probably make as many points about why Trouba is better than Mo.
we def can trouba is bigger stronger and has more of an edge. they compliment each other very well. and i think our system calls for the right side to pinch harder since those are our "offensive" d men while the left side is called on to hold the fort more less i think thats the reason for more 2 on 1s that we remember. i would say morrisey might also be more consistent but when both are having their Aplus game i think trouba is alot better. again imo

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I will say that Trouba is a remarkable athlete, perfect D build and that beautiful stride. I think 44 just has so much more upstairs. Back to the subject however, I just don't want the Jets committing 50M$, I think thats $ better spent elsewhere. If they do something around 5.5 annually I'd be interested. Any more is an overpay.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I will say that Trouba is a remarkable athlete, perfect D build and that beautiful stride. I think 44 just has so much more upstairs. Back to the subject however, I just don't want the Jets committing 50M$, I think thats $ better spent elsewhere. If they do something around 5.5 annually I'd be interested. Any more is an overpay.

Morrissey has also barely missed a game. Trouba plays about 60 a year.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
we def can trouba is bigger stronger and has more of an edge. they compliment each other very well. and i think our system calls for the right side to pinch harder since those are our "offensive" d men while the left side is called on to hold the fort more less i think thats the reason for more 2 on 1s that we remember. i would say morrisey might also be more consistent but when both are having their Aplus game i think trouba is alot better. again imo

I would have agreed with this in the past, but the level Morrissey got to and played at in the Minnesota series and flashed in the Preds series imo equaled the best that I have seen from Trouba. When he was unshackled and allowed to go for it he was absolutely dominant both ways (can't remember the gane).

I think we are very lucky to have both.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Morrissey has also barely missed a game. Trouba plays about 60 a year.
This. So far Jomo has proven to be much more durable albeit in a smaller sample. I give Jake a slight edge on offence and physicality but I don't think he's more important to the team.

Trouba probably gets paid more than Jomo because the market dictates that.

YoyiBear

Mar 12, 2018
I don't see JT retiring a Jets. I think he will ask for 5 or 6 years until fiance finished med school and try to settle in USA city. Ideally trade him before his last year for assets and not let him walk away with nothing in return.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada

Myers is/was getting paid 5.5 per year... on a contract back from like 2011/2012(?). There's no way Trouba accepts anything close to that, especially since he took the bridge. He will be getting 7 mil+ at minimum.

Reactions: Critical

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->