Confirmed with Link: Signed Will Borgen (900K x 2)

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I want Seattle to be a tough, pain in the ass team to play against. If this kid eventually develops enough skill to stay with the big club I think he'll do nicely.

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
He’s very good - not a points guy but capable with passing. Great at defense and tough - Kind of guy you win with in the playoffs. If he didn’t get picked in the expansion draft, he would’ve been playing every game for the Sabres next year probably bottom six but flex up to a number 4 defenseman in a defense of role if needed

nmburkholder

Jul 23, 2020
So what’s his story, sorry wings fan and in a sim league and he’s on waivers, and noticed he hasn’t played a game yet. Should I take a waiver on him or go with a guy Jacob Middleton?

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
So what’s his story, sorry wings fan and in a sim league and he’s on waivers, and noticed he hasn’t played a game yet. Should I take a waiver on him or go with a guy Jacob Middleton?
Middleton may be better. Sharks are struggling on D with the way Simek and Vlasic have played and Middleton has been fairly solid.

Borgen is unlikely to see any time unless our D gets him by multiple injuries. He is the #8 D-man on our team and has been riding the bench because he is not waiver exempt and the organization does not seem to want to take the chance that he gets picked up.

wraparound

May 17, 2014
Middleton may be better. Sharks are struggling on D with the way Simek and Vlasic have played and Middleton has been fairly solid.

Borgen is unlikely to see any time unless our D gets him by multiple injuries. He is the #8 D-man on our team and has been riding the bench because he is not waiver exempt and the organization does not seem to want to take the chance that he gets picked up.
so weird. value a player enough to not want to lose him for nothing, but not enough to give him a look in games to keep him engaged & see what they have. either get him in the lineup or trade him for a waiver-exempt player

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

jbron

Apr 27, 2014
West Coast
Heaven forbid Hakstol or Francis would want another right handed defenseman on the starting roster other than Larsson,

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
I would suspect they are holding on to Borgen because they plan to move some D men (like Giordano) at or before the deadline. Face it, it's a longer term plan and bodies are being shipped out this year.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I would suspect they are holding on to Borgen because they plan to move some D men (like Giordano) at or before the deadline. Face it, it's a longer term plan and bodies are being shipped out this year.

Yep. That is my guess too.

I expect atleast one, if not two, D being moved by the TDL. Gio + Soucy could potentially get moved and would pretty much force Borgen into the lineup. That being said, not playing Borgen at all seems like a bad move because he is going to be extremely rusty due to lack of not having played hockey all season long.

I am not shocked that they are holding on to Borgen. But what I am surprised about is that he has not played at all.

Reactions: GrungeHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad