Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTY

Nov 10, 2002
Toronto
I'm in

If Malakian#13 + Dallas Flames fan don't mind, i'll round out their staff for the Pittsburgh Penguins.

TomasPlekanec

Apr 17, 2004
Québec
Jagr_68 said:
Is there a team left, and if so can i join in.Also, are we drafting our own players?

Why wouldn't you check the first post of the thread and tell us what team you want? And yes we're drafting our own player!

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
KingTY said:
If Malakian#13 + Dallas Flames fan don't mind, i'll round out their staff for the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Sound good to me. Welcome!!!

Jon Burke

14 head GM slots left and a ton of assistant GM jobs are available!

dwaynester

May 10, 2004
Southwestern Ontario
Would love to join the new GM game

Danrik:

You know me from both previous GM games, and I would love to be a part of this new game. I will take either Buffalo or Washington, whichever you would like me to take.

I really enjoyed the previous game, and I look forward to participating in your new game.

dwaynester

PS. let me know where you would like me to hang my hat.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Mack said:
i need some assistants for colorado please.

scrap my last post. Mack, if you need an assistant, i'll help you out. i'm probably too busy to be a GM anyways.

Jon Burke

dwaynester said:
Danrik:

You know me from both previous GM games, and I would love to be a part of this new game. I will take either Buffalo or Washington, whichever you would like me to take.

I really enjoyed the previous game, and I look forward to participating in your new game.

dwaynester

PS. let me know where you would like me to hang my hat.

Either team is available for the taking.

ZaphodBeeblebrox said:
I would join the Blues in any role that they have. As soon as I figure out what the hell you are talking about.

:D

The Blues need an assistant GM, you better ask hockeyfghts for permission, though. As for what we're talking about, I'd be more than willing to explain things to you, but I'd much rather just ask what you don't understand. PM me about it if you want.

Jagr_68 said:
When i post my job description looking for potential assistant gm's, what do i tell them their functions are?

It's pretty simple actually - you and your assistant GMs will confer and decide ahead of time who you're going to pick, so that when you're on the clock, whoever on your staff is online first can make the pick. The time limit is going to be quite short most likely (we have a lot of drafting to do before the season starts), so if you have a couple assistants they can make your teams picks even if you're not online. Also, they can help advise you in trades, signings, waiver claims and the like. And if you slack off, they can replace you... :teach:

Bergeron47 said:
Montreal Canadiens can use some assistants please..

You're probably going to have to find your own assistants. That goes for all of ya! :) A friendly tip for you guys - look through this forum and see who all has participated in fantasy drafts and GM Games and offer them jobs. These guys have experience, know what they're doing and have previously signed up for this sort of a thing, meaning they're more likely to agree to than Joe Schmoe on the AHL forum.

Jon Burke

The cap will be $45 million to let you guys know... Obviously only the players on your roster will count towards this cap and there are one or two creative ways to try and maneuver into being able to handle more salary... IMO, it's enough to work with and to make it a challenge...

Pleks and I are working on a new point system that will incorporate plus/minus and PIMs into the game, and are further refining the goalie point system as well.

Well, that's a little mini-update to keep you guys posted on all the happenings... :)

hockeyfghts5

Apr 14, 2004
Welcome aboard ZaphodBeeblebrox

Please put ZaphodBeeblebrox as assistant GM of blues

Last edited:

Big Cat Davo

Oct 7, 2003
Medicine Hat, Albert
Visit site
Assistant for Hire

Hey Guys,

I am a big hockey fan with a little experience with the GM game thing. I do not know alot about the CBA and the inns and outs of signing players, but I do have a lot of time on my hands to do plenty of player research and evaluation, and have a faily good idea of what it takes to build a competeive team. So any Gm's out there that would like to hire an Assistant I am available.

Email me at [email protected] . . . that is also my MSN contact . . . (the mail is from a past Gm game)

Dave

Jagr_68

Jun 21, 2004
northern ontario

Big Cat, i sent you an e-mail, pls consider my offer seriously, we'd make a great team in running the Flyers.(like Clarkie and Barber).Estey, I want you on my team too big guy.

Last edited:

Estey

May 17, 2004
Saint John, NB
ok My services have been procured by Jagr_68 who was the first to PM me, sorry Blues but the salary was just to good to pass up! ;)

Jon Burke

Don't forget to sign up at the forum! Everything will take place there, so there's no way around signing up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->