Status
Not open for further replies.

tripledekehockey

Apr 1, 2004
pittsburgh pa
with the 23rd pick in the draft, the Chicago Blackhawks select from the Finnish Junior League, Lauri Korpikoski

Chicago picks:

#9 Alexander Radulov
#22 Enver Lisin
#23 Lauri Korpikoski

TRS and the NYR's are on the clock with the 24th pick

Last edited:

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Well now that i have time to make my picks the Canucks are pleased to pick 6'5" right winger Blake Wheeler.

The Washington Capitals are pleased to announce their selection Jakub Sindel. The Capitals are pleased to make this pick as they feel they have helped earase their need for goal scoring prospects with Sindel and Ovechkin

tripledekehockey

Apr 1, 2004
pittsburgh pa
nice pick for the sharks, i was hoping he would slip to the second round

tb is up with wash on deck

i will be traveling tonite into monday morning, so i probably will not be online for a better part of a day since i pick back to back after wash -- fyi for everyone

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
The Washington Capitals are proud to select Ladislav Smid from Liberec, Czech Republic.

The Capitals also want another early second. so if anyone has one they are willing to deal for a 2nd and 3rd next please msg me.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
In Lieu of the Capitals Mistake they are proud to select Johan Fransson from Luela of the Swedish Elite league

and the capitals are still looking to trade for a early second rounder

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
1. CHI management has stated publicly that they would not move down from #3 --that they would only make attempts to move UP in the draft.......presumably that means a) attempt to deal wth Pitt for Malkin (since WASH has plentyo' picks already and it makes no sense for them to acquire more to move down and give up on Ovechkin) --I think PITT probably rebuffs any deal attempt for Malkin unless they want Barker and if CHI then gave up #3 and 2 of their 4 2nd rounders).
This mockdraft does have CHI moving up with all the trades made to get #22 and #23 --but I do not see them moving down from #3 to #9 to start that process...
RATHER ---they could just use some of their 4 2nd rounders and some of their third and multiple fourths to accomplish nearly the same effects...
I think they make 1 deal at #22 or #23 (if Korpikoski is still on the board=for #41 and the #50 and one of their fourths ) and a 2nd deal for Zajac (not Lisin who is no finisher) in the next pick or a few picks later (for #45,#62and a 4th rounder)--that still leaves them with #32 + 2 fourth rounders +whatever the comp pick is for Simon (probably a 3rd or 4th rounder)...

To sum up,they could get through these moves:

#3. Radulov or Tukonen
#22or #23 Korpikoski
#23to #29 Zajac
#32 Wheeler (I know he was gone earlier in the mock draft in question but in the real draft he might make it to #32)= if off the board then:
Possible Choice of: Nokelainen,Voloshenko,Yunkov,Lyamin,Fransson,Tomanek,Bickell*
* though I really see Bickell in the 40's and would take him at #41 or #45 if the Hawks had kept their original 2nd round picks in lieu of these moves up ..
Another possibility at #32 is Corey Schneider--though the Hawks are very deep in goalie prospects,he could be the BPA and goalies could be tradeable assets later on...

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
hawksfan50 said:
1. CHI management has stated publicly that they would not move down from #3 --that they would only make attempts to move UP in the draft.......presumably that means a) attempt to deal wth Pitt for Malkin (since WASH has plentyo' picks already and it makes no sense for them to acquire more to move down and give up on Ovechkin) --I think PITT probably rebuffs any deal attempt for Malkin unless they want Barker and if CHI then gave up #3 and 2 of their 4 2nd rounders).
This mockdraft does have CHI moving up with all the trades made to get #22 and #23 --but I do not see them moving down from #3 to #9 to start that process...
RATHER ---they could just use some of their 4 2nd rounders and some of their third and multiple fourths to accomplish nearly the same effects...
I think they make 1 deal at #22 or #23 (if Korpikoski is still on the board=for #41 and the #50 and one of their fourths ) and a 2nd deal for Zajac (not Lisin who is no finisher) in the next pick or a few picks later (for #45,#62and a 4th rounder)--that still leaves them with #32 + 2 fourth rounders +whatever the comp pick is for Simon (probably a 3rd or 4th rounder)...

#3. Radulov or Tukonen
#22or #23 Korpikoski
#23to #29 Zajac
#32 Wheeler (I know he was gone earlier in the mock draft in question but in the real draft he might make it to #32)= if off the board then:
Possible Choice of: Nokelainen,Voloshenko,Yunkov,Lyamin,Fransson,Tomanek,Bickell*
* though I really see Bickell in the 40's and would take him at #41 or #45 if the Hawks had kept their original 2nd round picks in lieu of these moves up ..
Another possibility at #32 is Corey Schneider--though the Hawks are very deep in goalie prospects,he could be the BPA and goalies could be tradeable assets later on...

Thanks for the info :dunno:

tripledekehockey

Apr 1, 2004
pittsburgh pa
hawksfan50 said:

#3. Radulov or Tukonen
#22or #23 Korpikoski
#23to #29 Zajac

remember though, we are not predicting what the teams are really going to do, but rather what we want to do. what chicago (or any other team for that matter) is going to do or wants to do on draft day is strictly up to them.

the reason why i take chicago in several draft is that they have multiple picks that i can do a lot with and if its right or wrong -- doesnt really make a difference to me, but makes it more exciting for those involved when trades and such happen

pitt has no interest in barker and will draft malkin -- case closed there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad