Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Wey

Feb 28, 2002
Des Moines
Visit site
San Jose

I'd like to do San Jose.

If I must do a second team I'll take St. Louis of the remaining teams available. But if another St. Louis fan steps forward, I'm perfectly fine just doing San Jose.

KingofSpain

Mar 5, 2002
Windsor, ON
Visit site
Cup4Wings said:
Wow did Phoenix ever make-out good in that deal!

IMO it was good for both teams. Calgary only had one pick in the top 90, so I was looking for extra picks. The value is similar to deals in other mocks I have seen, such as 22 for 41 and 45. At the same time, I improved both of my 4ths.

And I am not all that enamoured with the players projected around 20th, besides Montoya. In all likelihood I may end up with the same player I would have picked at 19 plus an extra second.

H3ro

Apr 24, 2003
Visit site
tripledekehockey said:
are we thinking Kyle Chipchura for the oilers or does anyone else have a suggestion??
Ok, let's get rolling, Kyle Chipchura for the Oilers, even if I would have pick him.

Nashville Predators will try a homerun. We are proud to select Bruce Graham.

NYIslanders are proud to select Mike Green.

Kevin Wey

Feb 28, 2002
Des Moines
Visit site
St. Louis is proud to select, from the University of Michigan, Alvaro Montoya.

(Note: This pick was not easy, there was another player I highly contemplated taking, which also fits St. Louis' needs, as I view it. Having spent a three-to-four hours studying the Blues entire depth chart, I must say I would have their prospect ratings at HF substantially different. The team also had some weak drafts in the recent past...)

Last edited:

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
Ice Demon said:
IMO it was good for both teams. Calgary only had one pick in the top 90, so I was looking for extra picks. The value is similar to deals in other mocks I have seen, such as 22 for 41 and 45. At the same time, I improved both of my 4ths.

And I am not all that enamoured with the players projected around 20th, besides Montoya. In all likelihood I may end up with the same player I would have picked at 19 plus an extra second.

Normally I would agree with you on this but being that this is a VERY weak draft year, giving up picks in the top 20 might only let you draft AHL type caliber players this year. Sorry if I ruffled feathers with my comment.

P.S. :help: Stalled again with Montreal GM Mtl6 (Same as the Edmonton pick?) on the clock.

tripledekehockey

Apr 1, 2004
pittsburgh pa
speaking of which, montreal is on the clock and i have pm'd him

i have been having issues trying to get into my private message box so if anyone has pm'd me, i will be returning them today...thanks for your patience

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
[SIZE=+2]Trade![/SIZE]

tripledekehockey and Cup4Wings have made a trade.

To Chicago:
23rd overall from Ottawa

To Ottawa:
39th overall from Chicago
41st overall from Chicago

Mtl6

May 21, 2004
Hey guys I'm really sorry my internet wasn't working and it just got repared...

I am proud to announce that Montreal has chosen Andrej Meszaros as our first round pick.

Sorry again...

tripledekehockey

Apr 1, 2004
pittsburgh pa
Mtl6 said:
Hey guys I'm really sorry my internet wasn't working and it just got repared...

I am proud to announce that Montreal has chosen Andrej Meszaros as our first round pick.

Sorry again...

dont worry about it -- we picked edmonton for you -- thanks for letting us know

phoenix via their trade with calgary is up

tripledekehockey

Apr 1, 2004
pittsburgh pa
chicago is looking to do one of two things:

trade the 23rd overall pick for 2 second rounders or

trade the 45th and 50th picks to move up into the first round

pm me if interested

Mtl6

May 21, 2004
Once again Montreal is ready to make a trade his 88th and 92th picks to pick higher.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Dallas Stars select with the 20th overall pick in the 2004 Entry Draft, from the Kitchener Rangers of the OHL, defenseman Boris Valabik.

hockeyis68

Apr 9, 2004
nj has traded picks 22 and 82 to the hawks for picks 45,50 and 62 to add a little bit of depth to the devils and hopefully the guys that i want will still be there

tripledekehockey

Apr 1, 2004
pittsburgh pa
hockeyis68 said:
nj has traded picks 22 and 82 to the hawks for picks 45,50 and 62 to add a little bit of depth to the devils and hopefully the guys that i want will still be there

chicago agrees to the trade -- with some extra second rounders to spare, moving up into the 1st round was a no-brainer for this club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->