Sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

SopelFan*

As someone who once lived for hockey, the current situation is depressing me greatly. I'm not picking any sides, cuz both guys are tools. I'm sick of all the **** they say everyday and I don't buy any of it. Right now, I could care less about all this crap... I just want bloody hockey back. If I have to go through another year without it... I don't even know what I'll do.

The longer this goes on, the worse it is for the Canucks (who have a small window of opportunity), and two bald, lame fools are pretty much throwing my dreams of a Canucks' Stanley Cup away.

Anyways, it's probably a useless thread, but I just wanted to make a side in between the NHL and NHLPA, where neither side is supported.

So, **** Bettman and **** Goodenow. Play hockey. Saturday nights aren't the same without HNIC.

two out of three*

Im also a new convert.. this thread just re-assures it for me. I was arguing that the "owners proposal" was better than "the unions proposal" in another forum.. but now I could really care less. I hate Goodenow, and Bettman.. I just want to see my favorite team with my favorite players on the ice.

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
SopelFan said:
As someone who once lived for hockey, the current situation is depressing me greatly. I'm not picking any sides, cuz both guys are tools. I'm sick of all the **** they say everyday and I don't buy any of it. Right now, I could care less about all this crap... I just want bloody hockey back. If I have to go through another year without it... I don't even know what I'll do.

The longer this goes on, the worse it is for the Canucks (who have a small window of opportunity), and two bald, lame fools are pretty much throwing my dreams of a Canucks' Stanley Cup away.

Anyways, it's probably a useless thread, but I just wanted to make a side in between the NHL and NHLPA, where neither side is supported.

So, **** Bettman and **** Goodenow. Play hockey. Saturday nights aren't the same without HNIC.
same here....they both suck

eye

Feb 17, 2003
around the 49th para
Visit site
I think Bettman was articulate and although I don;t buy everything he said, he is much more credible and Bettman seems to me to have more genuine interest in fixing the game than Goodenow who is now just trying to save face. Goodenow put his players into a position where they now have no work and no future.

Bettman will get his way one way or the other. He is one smart son of a '''''' and is more than a match for Goodenow who misjudged Bettman and the owners in their resolve to do exactly what the game has needed for some time now.

The market place theory is killing Major League Baseball and as every year passes with teams like New York, Boston, California and a couple others getting their way by buying championships and bullying others - MLB gets closer to having to fix the same problems the NHL are doing now. About 24 MLB owners are watching the NHL very closely.

SopelFan*

eye said:
I think Bettman was articulate and although I don;t buy everything he said, he is much more credible and Bettman seems to me to have more genuine interest in fixing the game than Goodenow who is now just trying to save face. Goodenow put his players into a position where they now have no work and no future.

Bettman will get his way one way or the other. He is one smart son of a '''''' and is more than a match for Goodenow who misjudged Bettman and the owners in their resolve to do exactly what the game has needed for some time now.
Both sides have to bend, period. They are both gonna be screwed if the fans revolt and stop coming to games.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
SopelFan said:

I feel exactly like you are feeling. Screw both sides, get a deal done and lets see hockey again.

A Good Flying Bird*

SopelFan said:
Both sides have to bend, period. They are both gonna be screwed if the fans revolt and stop coming to games.

Unfortunately, that's not true.

It's cap or no cap.

If the players agree to a cap, there is no place for the owners to bend (unless, of course, the owners suggest a $60M cap)

MacDaddy TLC*

SopelFan said:
Right now, I could care less about all this crap... I just want bloody hockey back. If I have to go through another year without it... I don't even know what I'll do.
Christ you live in British Columbia according to your location, so therefore, you should realize thath ockey hasn't gone anywhere. The overpaid men children and the greedy owners of the National hockey league aren't playing the game. That doesn't mean hockey is on strike. In your area, you have the Western Hockey League (just maybe the best quality for the dollar right now), The BC junior A league, CIS University hockey. If you want hockey, there is plenty out there. Don't let the Bettman and Goodenow fool you into thinking that the NHL is hockey. I feel like strangling them everytime they address the media and refer to this labour disruption and say "The game" NHL IS NOT hockey. Hockey is a game that can survive with or without these over paid, greedy buffoons. Now go enjoy some hockey.

SopelFan*

Mayor of MacAppolis said:
Christ you live in British Columbia according to your location, so therefore, you should realize thath ockey hasn't gone anywhere. The overpaid men children and the greedy owners of the National hockey league aren't playing the game. That doesn't mean hockey is on strike. In your area, you have the Western Hockey League (just maybe the best quality for the dollar right now), The BC junior A league, CIS University hockey. If you want hockey, there is plenty out there. Don't let the Bettman and Goodenow fool you into thinking that the NHL is hockey. I feel like strangling them everytime they address the media and refer to this labour disruption and say "The game" NHL IS NOT hockey. Hockey is a game that can survive with or without these over paid, greedy buffoons. Now go enjoy some hockey.
I can't get into other hockey, even though I predicted I would eventually. The only thing I have gotten slightly into is the Moose, because some of their players may be on the Canucks. Not sure why, just don't care about other leagues to the same degree.

MacDaddy TLC*

CHL and CIS and NCAA are quite refreshing: Guys playing with 100% effort, some (mostly CIS) for the love of the game because this is as far as they are going. Guys trying to make an impression with their performance with hopes of a future in the pros. It is great hockey!

And to be quite honest, I'll even sit in any arena and watch a game if I have the time. I don't miss the overpaid babies or greedy, gouging owners one bit.

Eddie Vedder

Sep 8, 2003
Mayor of MacAppolis said:
CHL and CIS and NCAA are quite refreshing: Guys playing with 100% effort, some (mostly CIS) for the love of the game because this is as far as they are going. Guys trying to make an impression with their performance with hopes of a future in the pros. It is great hockey!

And to be quite honest, I'll even sit in any arena and watch a game if I have the time. I don't miss the overpaid babies or greedy, gouging owners one bit.

couldnt agree more. the minor leagues are all heart and thats waht the nhl is missing right now. the nhl'ers are forgetting what its like to be the 16 year old kid from the outside looking in. i go see BCMJHL or whatever the league aroudn here is, in the ****** run down civic center arena (new arena soon) and couldnt enjoy it more. i love my canucks, but the nelson leafs are worth cheering too. sure i'd love a dub team but ill watch any hockey. i hope the nhl comes back but at this point i could care less.

avfan#21

Oddly enough, I don't miss it as much as I thought I would. Which kinda bothers me. In anycase I hope they don't rush this only to rehash it all a few years from now. As far as taking sides, what's the point now? One millionaire crying about another Millionaire wanting more money than they should get. In the meantime neither one gives a rat's ass how I felt. I say that in a past tense because right now the way the two sides are acting, I really don't feel they have MY best interests at heart. And I'm the stupid M'Fer paying both of them. *****,Moan, Fight and Scratch all they want, get it done right and ask me if I'm even interested when you get it done. Until then they need to **** and get to work on settling it for the sake of the game. If they can't in a calendar year, one really has to wonder if they deserve the fans they have. The idea that we're ACTUALLY missing games because of their unwillingness to duke this out all of last season just about says it all. I met a guy playin in the Central League about 10-12 years ago that made 400 bucks a week, had busted up hands and had good skill but was told he was too small for the NHL. He kept tryin to make it and kept playin despite the meager pay by pro standards. I'd spend every dollar I have to watch some guy like that, than to listen to these 2 bit hustlers trying to dupe each other. So maybe it's not that I don't miss it so much but rather, I'm just angry at this point. One thing the NHL and PA should understand is, this year instead of Center Ice, I have ESPN Full Court NCAA basketball on my satellite, instead of plunking a coupla benjamins in Dallas at American Airlines to see the Avs when they are there and the odd Stars game now and then, instead of buying the newest, dopest NHL stuff (apparel, video games etc), I'm locking them out. I got tix for South Carolina vs KU in Allen Fieldhouse this Saturday and I'll spend my duckets in Lawrence and Kansas City this year for a change. It's the only way I can tell them I'm pissed, doubt it makes them notice, but it makes me feel better. The thing is, I can do it all over again next year. I know I won't be the only one, hope they keep that in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad