siemens vs beaulieu

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Who is better defender? At offense? Overall? From a few games ive seen of both ,beaulieu seemed to be better at offense and plans out powerplays well. Surprised that he could fight also. Siemens on the other hand seemed exceptional in his own end. very physical
i wonder which player will be drafted higher

17Kurri

Apr 10, 2010
I think Siemens is better defensively and Beaulieu is better offensively.

Overall, I like Siemens better because I think his all around game is better, but wouldn't be surprised to see Beaulieu go before him in the upcoming draft.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
I think beaulieu has a higher upside than siemens, but siemens is more likely to reach his upside. I think teams have a more pressing need for defenseman who are good offensively at the draft, because you can teach them defense, but you can't teach anyone offense. Unless colorado has a choice between them at 11, they should and probably would go with siemens. Beaulieu should go higher though, if that doesn't happen.

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
I think beaulieu has a higher upside than siemens, but siemens is more likely to reach his upside. I think teams have a more pressing need for defenseman who are good offensively at the draft, because you can teach them defense, but you can't teach anyone offense. Unless colorado has a choice between them at 11, they should and probably would go with siemens. Beaulieu should go higher though, if that doesn't happen.

I'm curious as to why you singled out Colorado? Not that I disagree with you or anything, just curious of all teams to use Colorado as an example.

Is it because we have Duncan Siemens' D partner already in Elliott?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
How is Siemens hockey iq like? Lots of Eric Gudbranson comparisons flying around

How about Beaulieu? Similiar to say Cam Fowler? Some Mike Green comparisons i read

Teams in the top 11 needing d help (over offense) will be, Avs, Devils, Islanders, CBJ, Bruins.

If Devils take Larsson, Islanders= Murphy, CBJ = Hamilton in your opinions do the Bruins take Beaulieu or Siemens?

I'd imagine whoever is leftover, avs would take using their 11th pick. Something tells me that they could use a guy like Siemens more than someone like Beaulieu. And for the Bruins the other way around, so it all works out

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I still think Beaulieu is overrated for the draft...I would take Larsson, Murphy, Siemens, Hamilton and Musil before him in a blink of an eye...Beaulieu might be really good with the puck and an excellent skater but his defeneive awareness is a bit sketchy at times and he has to get smarter on the ice, I watched him play all year and to me and a few other QMJHL scouts we find him overrated a bit.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I still think Beaulieu is overrated for the draft...I would take Larsson, Murphy, Siemens, Hamilton and Musil before him in a blink of an eye...Beaulieu might be really good with the puck and an excellent skater but his defeneive awareness is a bit sketchy at times and he has to get smarter on the ice, I watched him play all year and to me and a few other QMJHL scouts we find him overrated a bit.

Does he make some mental mistakes in his own end? Hard for him to handle bigger players against boards/front of the net?

For a guy mediocre in defense his plus and minus stats were exceptional. Maybe mike green comparisons are dead on.

On another forum somebody compared Siemens to Brayden Coburn of philly with an edge. For some reason i don't think he will make much impact on the offensive end in the nhl. Maybe 30 points max

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Does he make some mental mistakes in his own end? Hard for him to handle bigger players against boards/front of the net?

For a guy mediocre in defense his plus and minus stats were exceptional. Maybe mike green comparisons are dead on.

On another forum somebody compared Siemens to Brayden Coburn of philly with an edge. For some reason i don't think he will make much impact on the offensive end in the nhl. Maybe 30 points max

Beaulieu makes too many risks on the ice, hangs his defensive partner out to dry more than often...he takes too many risks with the puck...I don't think Beaulieus offense upside is as high as Greens

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
I'm curious as to why you singled out Colorado? Not that I disagree with you or anything, just curious of all teams to use Colorado as an example.

Is it because we have Duncan Siemens' D partner already in Elliott?

you guys basically only have offensive d, and no tough shutdown guys on the blue line whatsoever.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010

If defense was easy to teach, why is Marc-Andre Bergeron so bad in his own zone? I don't believe in this defense is teachable crap. Offense is something you have or not, defense is just the same.

But I agree, if the avs have the choice they will take Siemens, as both players very good, but both brings something different to the table.

The Hulk

Dec 22, 2010
Beaulieu makes too many risks on the ice, hangs his defensive partner out to dry more than often...he takes too many risks with the puck...I don't think Beaulieus offense upside is as high as Greens

Are you kidding me??

He took lots of risks last year and the start of the season.. He hasnt done anything risky in so long. Have you seen any of the seadogs playoff game? ..probably not. IMO he has been better than Huberdeau against lewiston right now. He had 2 points in 2 games ( 13 in 11 in the playoffs) and was first star in the game where he had the assist. He has been playing incredible.

BobbyRyan9

Let's Go Bruins!
May 26, 2008
Are you kidding me??

He took lots of risks last year and the start of the season.. He hasnt done anything risky in so long. Have you seen any of the seadogs playoff game? ..probably not. IMO he has been better than Huberdeau against lewiston right now. He had 2 points in 2 games ( 13 in 11 in the playoffs) and was first star in the game where he had the assist. He has been playing incredible.

I watched him online in both games and he sort of reminds me of P.K. Subban in the offensive zone. He brings the same sort of offensive threat and prowess to his game.

grits207

Jun 24, 2009
Saint John, N.B.
Are you kidding me??

I completely agree. Beaulieu has really grown leaps and bounds this season and he has been doing a great job picking his spots and not taking unnecessary risks. His growth as a player has been extremely impressive.

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
you guys basically only have offensive d, and no tough shutdown guys on the blue line whatsoever.

Oh I see. I agree. I'd love the Avs to take Siemens as he's more needed with Stefan Elliott and Tyson Barrie in the fold.

If the Avs can snag Landeskog at 2 and Siemens at 11 then ill be extremely happy.

Heck even Larsson and Siemens would be sweet. Imagine a defends in a few years of

Siemens-EJ
Elliott-Larsson
Quincey-Barrie
Gaunce

That's a ton of potential there.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I agree about Beaulieu. He has some great hands for a defender and he's no slouch in his d zone. I saw him level Kabanov the other night. He lays some bombs. I think he should be a top ten pick...wouldnt mind if the Jackets took him at all...to me he's better than Siemens and Hamilton.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Oh I see. I agree. I'd love the Avs to take Siemens as he's more needed with Stefan Elliott and Tyson Barrie in the fold.

If the Avs can snag Landeskog at 2 and Siemens at 11 then ill be extremely happy.

Heck even Larsson and Siemens would be sweet. Imagine a defends in a few years of

Siemens-EJ
Elliott-Larsson
Quincey-Barrie
Gaunce

That's a ton of potential there.
Getting Larsson and Siemens would be huge for Colorado's future. They've got great centers to build around in Duchene, Stastny and ROR, and a young core of dmen including guys like EJ, Larsson, Siemens, Elliot and Barrie would be easily one of the best young d cores in the league. Wingers and goaltending can be improved through trades/free agency, and honestly if guys like David Jones, Peter Mueller, Tomas Fleischmann and TJ Galiardi can stay healthy that's not a bad start, all reasonably young and pretty talented. Hishon is quite the prospect as well, and will likely be converted to the wing, and Pickard is a pretty decent goalie prospect.

The future is bright for Colorado regardless, but very bright if they can nab both Larsson and Siemens in this draft.

Last edited:

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Are you kidding me??

me and others still see holes in his game...I just don't think he is going to be what people think at the next level...I think he will be an NHLer but I don't see PK Subban impact for this guy, and ya I saw Saint John in the playoffs just not against Lewiston but I have seen them and still has holes in his game which pros will destroy at the next level, im not saying he can not fix them I am just saying he is getting way over hyped on these boards.

The Hulk

Dec 22, 2010
me and others still see holes in his game...I just don't think he is going to be what people think at the next level...I think he will be an NHLer but I don't see PK Subban impact for this guy, and ya I saw Saint John in the playoffs just not against Lewiston but I have seen them and still has holes in his game which pros will destroy at the next level, im not saying he can not fix them I am just saying he is getting way over hyped on these boards.

ya ok. He has time to polish his game. You're talking like he wont get better. Every prospect has things that they have to work on. PK went in the second round. Beaulieu could go top ten. I assume people believe he will go their because he sucks.. right..? I have one question for your scoutman1. Are you an ACTUAL scout or are you just acting king **** here to make people believe the things you say.

I've read that you say you're a scout out of halifax, right? so i assume the mooseheads.

I assume their success over the past couple seasons was due to their scouting..

GM17*

ya ok. He has time to polish his game. You're talking like he wont get better. Every prospect has things that they have to work on. PK went in the second round. Beaulieu could go top ten. I assume people believe he will go their because he sucks.. right..? I have one question for your scoutman1. Are you an ACTUAL scout or are you just acting king **** here to make people believe the things you say.

I've read that you say you're a scout out of halifax, right? so i assume the mooseheads.

ouch :/ rough go of it yeh? guy's entitled to the opinion

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com

actually mr know it all im with one of the most successfull quebec based teams of all time and I have a presidents cup ring, so im not with the mooseheads, 2nd who are you to tell me what I think, just go back to watching Saint John only since your based in new brunswick and ill watch the games of everyone...the year PK was taken 2nd round I said he should have went 1st round...you think I don't know prospects have things to work on they all do...next time you open your mouth on here maybe contribute to something intellegent rather than pick a fight with things you have no clue on.

The Hulk

Dec 22, 2010
actually mr know it all im with one of the most successfull quebec based teams of all time and I have a presidents cup ring, so im not with the mooseheads, 2nd who are you to tell me what I think, just go back to watching Saint John only since your based in new brunswick and ill watch the games of everyone...the year PK was taken 2nd round I said he should have went 1st round...you think I don't know prospects have things to work on they all do...next time you open your mouth on here maybe contribute to something intellegent rather than pick a fight with things you have no clue on.

Than why do you always bash Beaulieu? he is a great prospect who has a ton of upside. If he continues to improve like he has since entering the league he will be a GREAT nhl player. You seem to spend more time on hfboards that at rinks.. And your last comment was just ignorant and stupid. 1) im not picking a fight, i just said you act king **** and your arguments on prospects never make sense.. 2) and why do u believe that i dont know what im talking about.. just you making yet again, an arrogant comment like many before.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Than why do you always bash Beaulieu? he is a great prospect who has a ton of upside. If he continues to improve like he has since entering the league he will be a GREAT nhl player. You seem to spend more time on hfboards that at rinks.. And your last comment was just ignorant and stupid. 1) im not picking a fight, i just said you act king **** and your arguments on prospects never make sense.. 2) and why do u believe that i dont know what im talking about.. just you making yet again, an arrogant comment like many before.

anyway im not getting into a childish argument and making a post go bad but I will say the comment about me spending so much time on HF and not the rink, well im at the rink almost everyday except now because the seasons are coming to an end, but I do come on the computer at night to do reports you know and I do go on my laptop and do stuff I like too...so back to the post...what im saying I like Beaulieu but I think he is being over hyped here, and he might go top 10 in the NHL draft but I think other defenders like Hamilton, Siemens, Larsson, Murphy, Musil will have a better pro career...I hope I am wrong because I would love to see another good QMJHL prospect in the boards...and I will agree Beaulieu has made leaps and bounds since Midget hockey, in Midget the guy was all offense and no defense he is rounding out A LOT since then but some of the passes he makes and some of the times he pinchs and leaves guys out to dry and also is defensive positioning at times are still a bit questionable.

The Hulk

Dec 22, 2010
anyway im not getting into a childish argument and making a post go bad but I will say the comment about me spending so much time on HF and not the rink, well im at the rink almost everyday except now because the seasons are coming to an end, but I do come on the computer at night to do reports you know and I do go on my laptop and do stuff I like too...so back to the post...what im saying I like Beaulieu but I think he is being over hyped here, and he might go top 10 in the NHL draft but I think other defenders like Hamilton, Siemens, Larsson, Murphy, Musil will have a better pro career...I hope I am wrong because I would love to see another good QMJHL prospect in the boards...and I will agree Beaulieu has made leaps and bounds since Midget hockey, in Midget the guy was all offense and no defense he is rounding out A LOT since then but some of the passes he makes and some of the times he pinchs and leaves guys out to dry and also is defensive positioning at times are still a bit questionable.

ya but everything he has been criticized on, he has improved. why cant he polish that part of his game? i know he has to improve but you just hate on him so much on. I thought id say something. anyway, sorry for getting mad. just thought i'd defend him.

Central Scouting NA #5
ISS #13
Craig Buttons Mock Draft #8 ( I know he sucked as a GM but he still was one )

arsmaster*

If defense was easy to teach, why is Marc-Andre Bergeron so bad in his own zone? I don't believe in this defense is teachable crap. Offense is something you have or not, defense is just the same.

But I agree, if the avs have the choice they will take Siemens, as both players very good, but both brings something different to the table.
I disagree fully...many, many defensman have come into the league as offensive defensman, but to stick they have to adapt change and develop their defense, it happens ALL the time.

Subban had plenty of holes in his game too.

NOBODY thought he would have developed defensively so quickly.

I see Beaulieu as a Letang-type, but I'll say you have probably seen a lot more than me.

I think part of it has to do with being on a really good team...scrutiny comes when you are on top.

Definately hoping the see them in the Memorial Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad