Not open for further replies.

jstreet

LETS GO PREDS
Jan 15, 2004
FL via Nashville
www.twitter.com
Riggs said:
This just in.....

The Flyers have signed "The Dryer" to a 4 year, $16 million contract.

Hilarious :biglaugh:

You guys should take it easy on Sid.

1. It's awesome that the NHL got that kind of coverage, i was so happy to see him on an American talk show.

2. they put him on the spot and that had to be nerve racking

3. Did you see the hole he put through the door? that was cool.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Sid actually never missed. Dustin Rose was hiding inside the dryer and his reflexes were so fast you couldn't see him deflecting the puck away with his bare hands!

NYRGoalieGlut*

x-bob said:
Oh so that's how we evaluate Busts now? with dryers....I just wanted to make sure

:shakehead

Another person with no concept of sarcasm and a joke this board is getting sadder by the second, I just want to :cry: :cry: :cry:

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
MathieuBourlique said:
Is there a clip of his Leno appearance anywhere online? I missed it--my roommates were watching some horrible reality show on VH1 or something and refused to relinquish control of the remote.
I second that as I missed it as well.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Mark Fisch said:
I guess none of you actually read his CSB scouting profile?

Strong lower body...hard to knock off puck...Unable to hit open dryer from six feet away on national television...anticipates the play extremely well...controls the play in both ends...

Pittsburgh knew about this problem well before, and it almost caused them to look at buying bigger dryers.

:biglaugh:

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Mr Bugg said:
"What went wrong Sid?"

"Nothing. I aimed, everything felt good, and that hole was just too wide to miss on. Too bad I won't be facing any dryers in the NHL!"

"Sid, that was Rob Scheider's mouth."

What about Brett Hull or JR's mouth? :D

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
FLYLine4LIFE said:
He was like 12 feet away and he missed the dryer completely the first 3 shots..finally got it in on the 5th or 6th shot...felt bad...you could tell he was so nervous during the whole thing. Though i loved the footage of him when he was like 6 and he skated into his coaches knees from behind and they all went down. :biglaugh:

Just so everyone knows, the surface of a floor is much different thanthe ice surface....on some surfaces(sidewalk) you cannot even shoot with a wooden stick, takes off half the stick and bad shot to boot. We all no Sid can score on ice. Once he's adjusted to the NHL, no worries...

:jump:

Skroob*

MrKnowNothing said:
Forget the dryer, the only question in my mind the whole time was: WHERE'S THE PUCK POISE???

who do you think he is, Martin Skoula???

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Crosbyfan said:
Dustin Rose was hiding inside the dryer and his reflexes were so fast you couldn't see him deflecting the puck away with his bare hands!
But what happened on the one Sidney scored on. Did Rose stop paying attention because he was deep in thought about how to get his puck poise to Skoula's level or was he attacked by Vin Diesel?

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Hedberg16 said:
But what happened on the one Sidney scored on. Did Rose stop paying attention because he was deep in thought about how to get his puck poise to Skoula's level or was he attacked by Vin Diesel?

I think that's the only reasonable explanation. Rose is the complete package. The best hockey skills on the planet in every facet except, of course, distant second to Skoula in puck poise. Having realized he completely owned Sid he got bored and could not wait to get out of the dryer.

The Vin Diesel theory is just silly. We are trying to have a serious thread here about the use of major appliances as training devices.

Benji Frank

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
x-bob said:
Oh so that's how we evaluate Busts now? with dryers....I just wanted to make sure

:shakehead

I agree. Let's cut Sidney some slack and see how he does in the NHL before we label him a bust.

Sure Benj ... shut up. :rolleyes:

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
10 players better than Sidney Crosby:
1. Martin Erat
2. Martin Erat
3. Martin Erat
4. Martin Erat
5. Martin Erat
6. Martin Erat
7. Martin Erat
8. Martin Erat
9. Martin Erat
10. Martin Erat

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Lionel Hutz said:
10 players better than Sidney Crosby:
1. Martin Erat
2. Martin Erat
3. Martin Erat
4. Martin Erat
5. Martin Erat
6. Martin Erat
7. Martin Erat
8. Martin Erat
9. Martin Erat
10. Martin Erat

come on, you can't be serious, Martin Erat? Some posters are soooooo Pejorative Slured. :shakehead

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Patrick said:
Anybody who didn't realize this was sarcasm should be lined up and shot.

Sarcasm? In this thread? If you aren't going to take this seriously we will just have to shoot you.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Leachmeister2000 said:
come on, you can't be serious, Martin Erat? Some posters are soooooo Pejorative Slured. :shakehead
Dustin Rose>>>>>>>>Martin Skoula>>>>>>>>>>Martin Erat>>>>>>>>Sidney Cosby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad