Sidney Crosby to be at Kings prospect camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfan33

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
The Kings prospect camp has been a big hit over the past couple of years and this year is in line with the past. Crosby will get a chance to play with Kings draft picks and prospects.

Every single draft pick from 2004 is expected to be there from the Kings.

Here is a list of some of them that will be there:

Crosby,
Tukonen,
Brown,
Grebeshkov,
Kanko,
Steckel,
Munce

This event is free to the public, maybe this year might be a good idea to go, it's 1 or 2 weeks I believe and there are no coaches on the ice, but they are in the stands.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Good way to confuse the casual fans and show the Kings players who they wont be playing with.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
hockeyfan33 said:
The Kings prospect camp has been a big hit over the past couple of years and this year is in line with the past. Crosby will get a chance to play with Kings draft picks and prospects.

Every single draft pick from 2004 is expected to be there from the Kings.

Here is a list of some of them that will be there:

Crosby,
Tukonen,
Brown,
Grebeshkov,
Kanko,
Steckel,
Munce

This event is free to the public, maybe this year might be a good idea to go, it's 1 or 2 weeks I believe and there are no coaches on the ice, but they are in the stands.
Why would Crosby want to take that risk before he is drafted, if he gets hurt he is SOL.

palffytofrovlov

Apr 4, 2003
Los Angeles
Visit site
Put Crosby on a line with Brown and Tukonen... Oh Baby that would be nice... Can Frolov make an appearance just so I can see how good he would look next to him :bow:

Just seeing the prospects who will be participating it looks VERY GOOD for the Kings Future...

Centers= Boyle, Brady Murray, Sidney Crosby (Ok sorry WISHFUL THINKING), Steckle...

Leftwingers = Ned Lukacevic, Noah Clarke,
Rightwingers = Dustin Brown, Martin Guerin, Greg Hogeboom, Scott Parse, Eric Neilson (of course his buddy Crosby is here), Kanko and Tukonen, loaded on the right side

Defense- Baier, Grebeshkov, Petiot

Goalies- Munce, Brust, Zaba, Fukufuji, Marsters and Daniel Taylor...

I cant wait to go to one of the scrimmages...

stockwizard*

I guess they did it for some exposure. Unless they plan on trading up in the draft.
I am glad they will continue to have off ice workouts so Sidney can continue with his training program.
Interesting, they have Sidney listed at 5'11 190 pounds.
All in all, this should be a good opportunity for Sidney to practice against a high level of competion which should further his development for next year. :)

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
stockwizard said:
I guess they did it for some exposure. Unless they plan on trading up in the draft.
I am glad they will continue to have off ice workouts so Sidney can continue with his training program.
All in all, this should be a good opportunity for Sidney to practice against a high level of competion which should further his development for next year. :)
I still think its a risk that the kid doesnt need to take. He is a lock to go no1 overall why do this. Too big of a risk. I think everone already knows how good this kid is.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
c-carp said:
Why would Crosby want to take that risk before he is drafted, if he gets hurt he is SOL.

So is he expected to stay off the ice for the next 353+ days between now and the draft? Come on, he's a kid. He's a hockey player. Playing hockey is what he's supposed to do. He hasn't had a serious injury in 14 years of hockey but now you're worried about a little prospects camp getting him? Tha's ridiculous.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
This is the same camp that Jared Aulin tore his shoulder up in.

Old Hickory

Jacobv2 said:
This is the same camp that Jared Aulin tore his shoulder up in.
No he tore his shoulder is in a prospects tournament. I believe it was in a game against the Mighty Ducks

stockwizard*

Freak accidents can happen anytime. I think he would have a greater chance of being injured in a game in the Q than at this camp.
My reason being I don't think he will be taking any unnecessary risks since he isn't trying to crack a lineup. He is doing it for his own development.
There is always a chance he could be injured every time he steps on the ice.
If Sidney had the attitude like "oh I better not go to this camp, I might get injured", he probably wouldn't make it as far as he has.

Last edited by a moderator:

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
stockwizard said:
I've seen Sidney recently and I was thinking he sure looks alot bigger than
the 5'9"/5'10" 175/185 lbs. he's listed at.Especially the weight,his legs are
huge.He was with Neilson when I saw him so maybe he is going to the LA camp
with his buddy.

zeppelin97

Mar 7, 2003
Visit site
kingsjohn said:
No he tore his shoulder is in a prospects tournament. I believe it was in a game against the Mighty Ducks

Yep. Aulin tore his shoulder up in September, in the prospect tournament held between phoenix, anaheim, san jose.

This is just a development camp. On ice & Off ice workouts. Only one exhibition game, kings prospects vs kings prospects. I don't think there is a high chance of injury since its mostly workouts.

Kaiped Krusader

Jul 1, 2004
Rylan up the Opposition
Sidney was at the draft and I'd say he's 5'11". I'm a shade under 6' and he's about as tall as me. Size definitely won't be an issue for him I don't think. He won't be a monster but he'll be no smaller than guys like Sakic, Yzerman, Gretzky, etc.

stockwizard*

pei fan said:
I've seen Sidney recently and I was thinking he sure looks alot bigger than
the 5'9"/5'10" 175/185 lbs. he's listed at.Especially the weight,his legs are
huge.He was with Neilson when I saw him so maybe he is going to the LA camp
with his buddy.
You saw him in his street clothes?
Let's just say that if he is 5'11 and 190 pounds on draft day, the size issue should be put to rest. Especially someone with his speed.
If he was slow it would be a different story.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
stockwizard said:
You saw him in his street clothes?
Let's just say that if he is 5'11 and 190 pounds on draft day, the size issue should be put to rest. Especially someone with his speed.
If he was slow it would be a different story.
Yeah I'm 5'10" and he's at least as tall but I didn't exactly ask him to stand
back to back to me so we could be measured.Normally you see a little
embellishment when a players height and weight is listed but in this case I
think Sid's on the high end or over what's been listed.Neilson's legs looked
skinny next to Sid's.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
I think it's a great thing for Crosby but not for the Kings.

They should concentrate on the Kings family instead of pulling weak publicity stunts like that. They've licked balls for years.

You'd think they would be tired of the taste by now.

The summer has to be dedicated to your own players as well as a few tryout contracts on guys you have a chance to secure. Not kids who will go in the draft that you have no chance to sign at all as of now.

If they were a team in great shape, I'd think it's just a harmless waste of time. But it's the Kings. They have a whole lot more to care about than to draw attention stupidly.

Canadian

Mar 1, 2002
Markham, Ontario
The Kings site said Jack Johnson will be there as well. I guess people will get to see two of the highly-touted 2005 NHL Entry Draft prospects at the LA Kings Prospect Camp.

stockwizard*

I agree. I think it is great for Crosby.
The only way for a player to continue improving is to play against progressively higher levels of competition.
This will be a great opportunity for the 16 year old Phenom to do just that.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Vlad The Impaler said:
I think it's a great thing for Crosby but not for the Kings.

They should concentrate on the Kings family instead of pulling weak publicity stunts like that. They've licked balls for years.

You'd think they would be tired of the taste by now.

The summer has to be dedicated to your own players as well as a few tryout contracts on guys you have a chance to secure. Not kids who will go in the draft that you have no chance to sign at all as of now.

If they were a team in great shape, I'd think it's just a harmless waste of time. But it's the Kings. They have a whole lot more to care about than to draw attention stupidly.

What are you rambling on about? It is a prospects camp in which the players are made familiar with the system and each other. The Kings coaching staff doesn't take part on the on-ice stuff.
They will just be running drills and a few scrimmages. All it is is another off-season regime for the youngsters. How does this effect the Kings at all?
A good majority of these guys will be sent back to their junior/college/european teams by the time training camp comes along.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
I'm not so sure Crosby will be there but if he is I think it will be to support
Neilson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad