Sidney Crosby surpassing Alexander Ovechkin in career points watch (UPD: Ovechkin ahead by 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
And yet Ovechkin has two EVP records on top 10 above Sid.
IM4tU5u.png

That's great in isolation, but I prefer to look at the whole picture, ie their careers.

Crosby in his worst full season of play still had above 82 points, something that Ovechkin has faild to do 3 times now, this season pending.

In fact Crosby in his worst season (when looking in isolation like you are above) has a line of 80-36-49-85 in 2015-2016.

And most of that is due to lower scoring league wide as he was still 3rd in points (ovechkin was 15th)

7th in goals (Ovechkin was 1st)
9th in assists (Ovechkin was tied for 202nd along with 21 other players)

Reactions: Ageless

Zuluss

May 19, 2011
Bumped, they are 6 career points apart just as they were at the start of the season.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Ovechkin is back ahead again but I guess the title will only be updated in Crosby’s favour.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I can't believe how this thread has devolved into both sides saying the other player scores too much on the power play.

These are the two best offensive players of the generation, of course they're gonna put up a bunch of points on the power play...

The Penguins and Capitals are trying to make teams pay for taking penalties, not boost Sid and Ovi's even-strength points %

Reactions: Khomutov

pi314

Jun 10, 2017
Windsor, ON
I can't believe how this thread has devolved into both sides saying the other player scores too much on the power play.

These are the two best offensive players of the generation, of course they're gonna put up a bunch of points on the power play...

The Penguins and Capitals are trying to make teams pay for taking penalties, not boost Sid and Ovi's even-strength points %

That’s because this topic always ends up with the same biased uneducated posters rehashing the same tired opinions.

Once you see it 15 times you’ll learn just to ignore them.

Reactions: GeeoffBrown

Randyne

May 20, 2012
That's great in isolation, but I prefer to look at the whole picture, ie their careers.

Crosby in his worst full season of play still had above 82 points, something that Ovechkin has faild to do 3 times now, this season pending.

In fact Crosby in his worst season (when looking in isolation like you are above) has a line of 80-36-49-85 in 2015-2016.

And most of that is due to lower scoring league wide as he was still 3rd in points (ovechkin was 15th)

7th in goals (Ovechkin was 1st)
9th in assists (Ovechkin was tied for 202nd along with 21 other players)
What isolation? It's a screenshot of top10 EVP seasons since 2005-now.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Ovechkin is back ahead again but I guess the title will only be updated in Crosby’s favour.
I'm sure the admins are all watching each player's individual box scores and waiting with baited breath to update the title in a 36 page bicker-fest each time one of these guys scores a point. It's been updated literally once, as far as I can tell.

I agree. It always irks me when people use powerplay production as a negative. It's a huge benefit to be efficient on the powerplay.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
What isolation? It's a screenshot of top10 EVP seasons since 2005-now.

Sure that is one single metric looking at full ESP seasons, does not account for fluctuations in league scoring and PP rates ect...

Like I said looking at the big picture tells us the whole story.

Looking at a partial picture tells us less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->