Sidney Crosby passes Mario Lemieux in all time playoff points!

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Amazing achievement. Mario is and will always be #1 Penguin (and greatest player ever) but Crosby is doing some amazing things right before our eyes here at the moment. Incredible to see it.

To put Crosby's playoffs point scoring pace in perspective, of the players Crosby has already passed in career playoff points, here are the only ones Crosby didn't tie and pass with lesser # of games played (minimum requirement of 50 career playoff GP):

Mario Lemieux
Mike Bossy

Along with those two, Crosby tied Peter Forsberg in playoff points with exact same number of games played. Everyone else so far have fallen behind Crosby's pace. That list includes Gordie Howe, Bobby Orr, Phil Esposito, Bobby Hull, Stan Mikita, Guy Lafleur and Eric Lindros amongst others. The rest of the players still ahead of Crosby in points, Crosby has good chance to reach them with less GP up until Kurri. The top-3 is hard to reach (both in points and in PPG; in Gretzky's case it's impossible). But that scoring pace from Sid in the playoffs is simply incredible. One of the best all-time.

What a player.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
The crazy thing is that it’s not unthinkable that Crosby and Malkin will play over twice as many playoff games as Lemieux. Lemieux played 107, crosby is at 152 and Malkin is at 153.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Couple things to ponder:

A. Lemieux had a third of his playoff games in two seasons... and even in those playoffs missed games because hacking stars hands is a legitimate hockey strategy in the nhl

B. Another couple of series and Malkin probably passes Lemieux as well

C. This thread isn't speculation anymore lol

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Big shit. Did Crosby go through a playoff hole the length of which Mario did when he was young? No he did not.

I swear, Kidney gets so much stolen valor it should be enough to make any man puke.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Big ****. Did Crosby go through a playoff hole the length of which Mario did when he was young? No he did not.

I swear, Kidney gets so much stolen valor it should be enough to make any man puke.

I'm pretty sure Mario is better than Gretzky. But the record books will never show it because Mario couldn't play.

When I think of greatest player I'd want on my team..it wouldn't be Mario. Reliability is a big factor. You could make the argument Sidney is the greatest player. More reliable than Mario, did more with less than Wayne.

When I think of most talented Mario is back at the top. Sid is top five, not top three.

Not sure how playing a long time at a high level means stolen valor. Lol.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

-picture of Dan Bylsma and Ray Shero-

Jake says hold my beer

image-placeholder-title.jpg

Reactions: KIRK

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I wanted to post this in the series thread, but this one could be just right. I am 100% Geno guy if there is a such a thing for Pens fans. However Watching Sid in this postseason I am just amazed with the level of Sid's play. He is so far ahead anyone anyone in this league, he is so dominant, it actually reminds me of LeBron in a way he dominates, he paced himself throughout the season and now he is so good so strong, he is playing these best lines and best d-pairings and they can't take the puck from him, last game his line had over 20 attempted shots although they basically trapped the entire third period....He is on another planet right now, and we are lucky that jake bought the ticket on the same flight...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad