Sidney Crosby in Kings uni

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Brownov*

kingsjohn said:
There are 10-15 players there every year that aren't in the LA organization
Apologies,but it's the first time I hear of it!

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Now if you were Crosby, (can you do that for a minute?) would you rather paly for a city like Toronto or Ottawa, or a city like San Jose?

Being 18 years old (by the start of the 2005-2006 season) and trying to have some sort of life off the ice. I would rathe play in an obscure hockey city, but one that has a decent hockey team that would be commited to winning.

I wouldn't want to play in Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, etc. I wouldn't be able to walk out my door without being stopped by fans and media types. Have you ever stopped and signed 200 autographs? How could you just go to the movies, out to dinner, or anywhere without being bugged? Go on a date? You'd have to get a limo and almost disguise yourself.

Is being in the public and accessible part of your life and NHL duty? Sure, but I'd rather do it an hour a day or so, compared to a 24 hour thing.

I am in LA and I ran into Gretzky at training camp in 1995. I was in the eatery at the rink early at 7:30 AM. There were about 8 people in the place. I wanted him to sign my King hat, but felt like, how can I ask a guy sitting there just trying to have a cup of coffee in peace - a guy who has been bugged every day and night of his life since he was 15?? I was lucky that he looked at me readinf my Hockey News and asked if he could look at it. I said sure, if you sign my hat! I brought him my hockey news and my hat and it was a good deal. he signed my hat and ran thru the HN kinda fast and gave it back. He didn't even read any stories, which led me to believe he was looking for one of his ads, to see if it was in there...

Anyway, I hope Crosby goes on to have a great career and wherever he goes he is happy and has some fun.

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Peter James Bond said:
Now if you were Crosby, (can you do that for a minute?) would you rather paly for a city like Toronto or Ottawa, or a city like San Jose?

Being 18 years old (by the start of the 2005-2006 season) and trying to have some sort of life off the ice. I would rathe play in an obscure hockey city, but one that has a decent hockey team that would be commited to winning.

I wouldn't want to play in Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, etc. I wouldn't be able to walk out my door without being stopped by fans and media types. Have you ever stopped and signed 200 autographs? How could you just go to the movies, out to dinner, or anywhere without being bugged? Go on a date? You'd have to get a limo and almost disguise yourself.

Is being in the public and accessible part of your life and NHL duty? Sure, but I'd rather do it an hour a day or so, compared to a 24 hour thing.

I am in LA and I ran into Gretzky at training camp in 1995. I was in the eatery at the rink early at 7:30 AM. There were about 8 people in the place. I wanted him to sign my King hat, but felt like, how can I ask a guy sitting there just trying to have a cup of coffee in peace - a guy who has been bugged every day and night of his life since he was 15?? I was lucky that he looked at me readinf my Hockey News and asked if he could look at it. I said sure, if you sign my hat! I brought him my hockey news and my hat and it was a good deal. he signed my hat and ran thru the HN kinda fast and gave it back. He didn't even read any stories, which led me to believe he was looking for one of his ads, to see if it was in there...

Anyway, I hope Crosby goes on to have a great career and wherever he goes he is happy and has some fun.
I would rather play in a city like San Jose if I were Crosby simply because I would be able to grow hockey knowledge in that area, rather than being worshiped and harassed everywhere in Toronto. Most people need a sense of accomplishment to be happy, not money. (weird part to end the message...)

SwOOsh*

tommi462 said:
Crosby and Tukonen on the same team could be fun to see...

Ovechkin and Crosby would be nice ;) and there is an okay chance of it happening lol

stockwizard*

SwOOsh said:
Ovechkin and Crosby would be nice ;) and there is an okay chance of it happening lol
That would cause too many problems. Ovechkin would most likely develop a deep seeded jealousy for Crosby.

corbanSOG

Registered Loser
Apr 27, 2003
littleHossa said:
I would rather play in a city like San Jose if I were Crosby simply because I would be able to grow hockey knowledge in that area, rather than being worshiped and harassed everywhere in Toronto. Most people need a sense of accomplishment to be happy, not money. (weird part to end the message...)

all this crosby in san jose talk is putting thoughts into my head. stop before i start dreaming and get my hopes up only to have them shattered.

ellargo4

Jun 12, 2004
i train with crosby's regular trainer and he says that sids not workin with t.R Goodman so i don't know where u're gettin that info

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
corbanSOG said:
all this crosby in san jose talk is putting thoughts into my head. stop before i start dreaming and get my hopes up only to have them shattered.
There is a 50/50 chance Sydney Crosby ends up with San Jose in 2005.

dafranchz

Peter James Bond said:
True!

Jeff Tambellini, (playing at Michigan State) one of the Kings #1 picks last year, is good buddies with Crosby.

Tambellini plays at University of Michigan. There is a big difference from Michigan State. The team from Lansing sucks, thus the Ann Arbor fellows kick butt!

Just thought I would point that out. IT COULD start a war in some towns?

hockeyfan33

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
DAFRANCHZ said:
Tambellini plays at University of Michigan. There is a big difference from Michigan State. The team from Lansing sucks, thus the Ann Arbor fellows kick butt!

Just thought I would point that out. IT COULD start a war in some towns?
they played together for Canada at the world juniors, I think that's how they became friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->