Injury Report: Sidney Crosby has underwent successful arthroscopic wrist surgery in NY 31/8

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
"Sidney Crosby underwent successful arthroscopic wrist surgery.
Crosby had arthroscopic wrist debridement surgery on Monday, August 31. The surgery was performed by Dr. Robert Hotchkiss of Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City, in collaboration with team physician Dr. Dharmesh Vyas and UPMC hand and upper extremity surgery.
Recovery time is expected to be 3-4 weeks."

Sidney Crosby Undergoes Successful Arthroscopic Wrist Surgery

Fingers crossed for a quick and full recovery!

Last edited:

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Could they not fix this in Pittsburgh btw?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Meh he was playing tennis before the playoffs started in the bubble so typically debridement is not extensive surgery. So i don't think this is anything big. I wouldn't even be shocked if it was sorta last minute as to why he went to NY and not Pittsburgh (maybe was back home in Canada?)

Just my opinion. It means nothing. :laugh:

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
meh that doesn't concern me. what concerns me is he didn't look like himself in the playoffs except in spurts. He also missed a good bit of the run-up to the playoffs.
The word at the time was it was because of the hernia surgery and "discomfort". What is concerning is he was way past the expected recovery period. I'm hoping he's not looking at another surgery and if he is just go get it now.

Jrtu

Jun 22, 2010
Could they not fix this in Pittsburgh btw?

Team physician Dr. Vyas specialize in knee/lower limb, so perhaps they referred Crosby to NY to be operated on by the arthroscopic expert, Dr. Hotchkiss.

OswaldBates

Dec 31, 2019
"Sidney Crosby underwent successful arthroscopic wrist surgery.
Crosby had arthroscopic wrist debridement surgery on Monday, August 31. The surgery was performed by Dr. Robert Hotchkiss of Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City, in collaboration with team physician Dr. Dharmesh Vyas and UPMC hand and upper extremity surgery.
Recovery time is expected to be 3-4 weeks."

Sidney Crosby Undergoes Successful Arthroscopic Wrist Surgery

Fingers crossed for a quick and full recovery!
Arthritis in the wrist

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Too much onanism. Feel shame Sidney

Reported for making me google that while on a work PC.

Sid, more than almost any other player in the league, would be adversely affected by a bum wrist. Think about that flat blade and how often he defaults to the backhand, a sore wrist or any reduced range of motion could definitely cause a pretty drastic change for him.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
meh that doesn't concern me. what concerns me is he didn't look like himself in the playoffs except in spurts. He also missed a good bit of the run-up to the playoffs.
The word at the time was it was because of the hernia surgery and "discomfort". What is concerning is he was way past the expected recovery period. I'm hoping he's not looking at another surgery and if he is just go get it now.
Orpik said it took him like a year to feel like himself again after that surgery.

But, yes, I am concerned about it.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I expect at least one reported surgery pretty much yearly until these guys retire. They're approaching the end of the road, and they've routinely had issues every season for essentially their entire career.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Well, whoever assured us in his standing as an internet doctor that Sid was a veritable vegetable after his neck issue sure must be laughing now.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Well, whoever assured us in his standing as an internet doctor that Sid was a veritable vegetable after his neck issue sure must be laughing now.

That was before the spinning chair saved him. I suspect he hurt his wrist bracing himself while fainting after hearing that KK might replace Sheary on his right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad