Sidney Crosby Feature On TSN During Pregame Of Today's Hockey Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian

Mar 1, 2002
Markham, Ontario
I wasn't sure if this belonged in the Crosby thread, since most of what is in that thread is in regards to his point progress each game. There was a feature on him by TSN before tonight's game between the Flames and Blackhawks. They showed footage of Crosby's goals. One goal he scored, he just skated around the net left untouched into the high slot and scored. They also showed a goal where he was coming in from the left wing on a virtual break and he just drag the puck from left to right and slid the puck in. They showed the goals scored in the Cataractes game as well. They had the Rimouski Oceanic coach talk about him, the radio broadcaster, and linemate Danny Stewart. They showed some good stuff, Crosby believes his speed is his main attribute. After the feature, Blair Mackensey did a short interview with James Duthie. Duthie asked about whether if Crosby was a lock, it was funny to see Mackensey respond, he paused abit and then he was like no player is really a lock, he is 16 year's of age and he will be playing against 18 and 19 year old's, who are tops in the world. Mackensey went on to say that Crosby will have extra eyes watching him, since he has gotten their attention and that he has gotten himself an invite. Also, Mackensey talked about how when he watches hockey games, it's pretty much critical and emotionless, but with Crosby, he will cheer and stuff. Basically Crosby gets his "mojo" going. That was about it, I probably missed a few things here and there, but yeah. Maybe someone else who caught it can elaborate on whatever I missed.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Canadian said:
I wasn't sure if this belonged in the Crosby thread, since most of what is in that thread is in regards to his point progress each game. There was a feature on him by TSN before tonight's game between the Flames and Blackhawks. They showed footage of Crosby's goals. One goal he scored, he just skated around the net left untouched into the high slot and scored. They also showed a goal where he was coming in from the left wing on a virtual break and he just drag the puck from left to right and slid the puck in. They showed the goals scored in the Cataractes game as well. They had the Rimouski Oceanic coach talk about him, the radio broadcaster, and linemate Danny Stewart. They showed some good stuff, Crosby believes his speed is his main attribute. After the feature, Blair Mackensey did a short interview with James Duthie. Duthie asked about whether if Crosby was a lock, it was funny to see Mackensey respond, he paused abit and then he was like no player is really a lock, he is 16 year's of age and he will be playing against 18 and 19 year old's, who are tops in the world. Mackensey went on to say that Crosby will have extra eyes watching him, since he has gotten their attention and that he has gotten himself an invite. Also, Mackensey talked about how when he watches hockey games, it's pretty much critical and emotionless, but with Crosby, he will cheer and stuff. Basically Crosby gets his "mojo" going. That was about it, I probably missed a few things here and there, but yeah. Maybe someone else who caught it can elaborate on whatever I missed.

I'm looking forward to see Crosby a key in role in 2004. Not in the 1st tougth.. But just like Spezza was in his second and third WJC. 2 or 3 duties plus some PP time...

I can't wait to see in him in this World...

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
In the video of TSN there is no goals he made vs the Cataractes.
There was Chicoutimi and Québec.

Sticky*

That spin move he did when they showed a clip of the Oceanic's practice was pretty cool.

Seems to have a good head on his shoulders, classy, not like Spezza when it was happening to him, and he sounded like a 35yr old man giving interviews.

Canadian

Mar 1, 2002
Markham, Ontario
The clip on the internet is the feature, but after the feature during the actual pregame coverage, they began an interview with Blair Mackasey who was at the Shawinigan game on Sunday. Then they showed coverage of Crosby in action in the Cataractes game. After the mini coverage of Crosby in the game, they resumed the interview. Sorry for any confusion.

And to the individual who corrected me on the spelling of Mackasey, I knew it was something like that, I just didn't remember quite correctly and didn't feel like checking for the correct spelling. If it offended anyone, I apologize. My main focus was on Crosby, not so much Mackasey.

By the way, Crosby had a two page article on him in the Toronto Sun today, and he was in last week's issue of Sports Illustrated (which was about 4-5 pages) and he is in this week's, The Hockey News (last page by Brophy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->