Sidney Crosby 2019/20 Hart Watch Thread

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
If Pittsburgh makes the playoffs, give it to Sid.

Still GREAT after all these years.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Oh the one he went on to score 21 pts in 12 games for those playoffs...proving that point? Since it was..after the b2b cups? I remember now lol. Nobody believed it til they saw him get 21 pts in first 2 rounds.

Numbers are there. His shot totals are far less than most....yet has a 15.5 S% . 3500 shots to OVs 5500(8900 attempts..has to be a record). I honestly couldnt care less what others do until i read these comments about Crosby. First...cracks me up the lengths some will go to try do downplay his career. Hes always done more with less too....he isnt some cocky player off the ice that claims hes the best and arrogant about it. Never do understand the hate. Did he act immature at times "during games"? Yeah. He cares aboit winning. As soon as those games were over he was back to his calm self.

People will come up with any excuse to dismiss what he's accomplished yet ignore OV getting so many goals due to taking almost 9000 shot attempts. Does that mean hes not a good goal scorer, no. But that def should be taken into consideration if gonna compare him to other greats. Hes already played 200 more games than Mario for example. And 4000 more shots.

As for Connor, oilers fans want him handed the crown....and hate when Crosby is mentioned. Got some insecurity issues...they shouldn't even be compared until years from now. How about just enjoying each player? Sid dominating in his 30s..Connor in his early 20s. I mentioned what I did to prove a point. How dumb it is to say **** like "Sid can't be considered an all time great with only 2 ARTs". Lol i refuse to believe those saying that are actually that dumb. And just trying to find the one thing he missed out on cuz of injuries. Nobody is handing him those points he missed out on..its just a dumb argument to begin with. And Oilers fans should know that...with McDavid getting hurt his first season. And it could happen again...missing more time next time with how he plays. So just enjoy his play instead of worrying about Crosby still being labeled the best in the league.. Connor will have plenty of time for that

Crosby has already proved himself to the league, and nothing opposing fans say will change his stature. No point in getting emotional about it anymore. Just sit back and appreciate his sublime play.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Kinda obvious, but McDavid’s numbers right now aren’t sustainable in the slightest.

Crosby’s pace looks actually kinda doable, which should give you an idea of how ridiculously dominant he’s been, but I doubt he plays this many minutes over the season.

But it’s just too early too tell. I think after 20 games we’ll have a clearer idea.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
100% should get it assuming this keeps up. The Hart trophy should go to the guy who just dominates and not to the guy who gets the most points with 4 other superstars on his team (cough cough Kucherov).

illpucks

May 26, 2011
100% should get it assuming this keeps up. The Hart trophy should go to the guy who just dominates and not to the guy who gets the most points with 4 other superstars on his team (cough cough Kucherov).

Sorry but he has no chance if we see a 140 point McDavid. And Oilers are Division winners.

bobbyking

May 29, 2018
Sid looks like he will win the rocket again and put up 40+ goals easily.

But keep in mind that McDavid is also due, because he's missed out on Hart nominations for missing playoffs.
No chance in hell he scores more then Matthews draisatl ovi

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
He certainly is on the Hart watch but meh, as has been said, 7 games. There are like 10 guys all within 7 points of each other.

Lets have this talk around new years and see where things stand.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Everyone does realize the Hart trophy isnt strictly points based right?

Sure but its absolutely a factor. I dont know the stats on it but, more often than not (i think), whoever wins the Hart usually ends up with the Art Ross (or vice versa i suppose). Assuming a forward wins, of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad