Sidney Crosby 2019/20 Hart Watch Thread

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Have I gone too early? Probably. Is it justified? Absolutely.

Sid is captaining an AHL team to start this season, and he is on FIRE doing it. 7 game point streak currently, and carrying this absurdly low strength unit on his shoulders.

Father Time has got a long way to go before he catches #87.

So is McDavid and he's leading the league in scoring

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Hard to watch for something in October that we know will only be revealed in June. Good for Crosby, impressive start thus far.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
To be fair the ahl guys have been awesome so far. Lafferty is for real.

But yea Crosby is playing amazing. Probably the best he's looked since 2013-14.

Reactions: Toxic Holocaust

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
He’s definitely carrying that team and he should be the #1 contender for the Hart if he keeps playing at that level.

Right now, Crosby is the incarnation of what a Hart trophy winner SHOULD be, but they’ll probably gonna give the award to the points leader as usual.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Jesus. I’m a Penguins fan that loves Crosby but pump the breaks on this stuff.

I feel like I’ve said it multiple times the past couple days on a multitude of subjects, but we are 7 games into the season. They could collapse tomorrow.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
He’s off to a great start, I’m happy for Sid he’s looked really good so far.

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
I mean he had 100 last year and analysts glorified his defense. How many points is not enough?

The Selke talked peaked when he was hovering around 20th in the league in scoring mid-year because posters figured "if he wasn't scoring then he must be playing out of this world defense" but when he started to find his offensive touch again, the Selke talk conveniently died.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
The Selke talked peaked when he was hovering around 20th in the league in scoring mid-year because posters figured "if he wasn't scoring then he must be playing out of this world defense" but when he started to find his offensive touch again, the Selke talk conveniently died.

I mean people act like he somehow got Selke votes because of people here talking about it on HFBoards.

There was legit talk about how good he was last year on D from talking heads and many national guys. I’m not sitting here saying he should have won it but it certainly didn’t come out of nowhere that he was very good defensively last year.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
We were dealing with a 28 point gap for the top scorer though.

Okay? 100 points is 100 points. You made no mention of the point gap in your initial response. Just that he got Selke votes because he didn’t put up enough points.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
So is McDavid and he's leading the league in scoring

So now Drai sucks when People want to crown McDavid over Sid. But flip out when some say Drai is overrated at other times.

Conner has also.had Neal scoring 8 on the PP. Has RNH. And plays on a line with a #1C lol

Reactions: illusory

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Have I gone too early? Probably. Is it justified? Absolutely.

Sid is captaining an AHL team to start this season, and he is on FIRE doing it. 7 game point streak currently, and carrying this absurdly low strength unit on his shoulders.

Father Time has got a long way to go before he catches #87.

To be fair Guentzel is ****ing awesome and probably the most underrated player in the league and guys like Lafferty have played really well.

But yeah, Sid is turning back the clock so far.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
So now Drai sucks when People want to crown McDavid over Sid. But flip out when some say Drai is overrated at other times.

Conner has also.had Neal scoring 8 on the PP. Has RNH. And plays on a line with a #1C lol
and Crosby plays on a line with a 40g scorer. Are we pretending Guentzel doesn't exist?

Reactions: Future GOAT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad