Sibir Novosibirsk - 2016/2017

steap

Aug 15, 2008
Novosibirsk, Russia
Maybe for someone this thread will be interesting. :)

Players with contracts for next season:
GK:
Salak

Defence:
Misharin, Menshikov, Ignatovich, Vereschagin, Belyakov, Naumov, Polasek (Sparta, Czech Extraliga), Nekolenko (Metallurg Nk, KHL)

Forwards:
Shumakov, Okulov, Zhafyarov, Gubin, Kopeykin, Sannikov, Fefelov, Yakovlev, Kopytin, Shalunov, Voroshilo, Butuzov, Elo (Avtomobilist, KHL), Artyomov (Saginaw Spirit, OHL)

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Awesome to have our own thread.

Definitely not going to be a top three finish in the east for Sibir this year, but they should still make the playoffs. Unfortunately this may be a throwaway year. Hopefully they can get their finances in order and get stronger in 2017/2018.

Still looking forward to the start of the season, and going to follow with interest the next couple of months to see who else we sign.

Nice that they could re-sign Salak.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Clap-clap-clap.
Nekolenko was decent, with more experience he can be a valuable player.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Thanks for the thread! I hope this will encourage even more people to create threads for their favorite teams and share updates - I would have done this for Avangard but I am not yet in a position to be the "news provider" for a Russian team. So you guys are our ears and eyes here for those teams.

Are there any concrete news about the new arena? I remember having seen some photos and a small talk in the arena thread but nothing else.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Thanks for the thread! I hope this will encourage even more people to create threads for their favorite teams and share updates - I would have done this for Avangard but I am not yet in a position to be the "news provider" for a Russian team. So you guys are our ears and eyes here for those teams.

Are there any concrete news about the new arena? I remember having seen some photos and a small talk in the arena thread but nothing else.

No news on the arena. It would be great if they could get that done though. I like the old building, cuz when the fans get rocking, it gets really loud in there, but it's a relic and really does need to be replaced.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Not sure what's the point of Artyukhin in Sibir or the East overall. Great net presence is my guess.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
If he actually wants to play hockey he can be a really good and effective player, but if you you ask of him a physical play, he will run lose and do more harm than good.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Novosibirsk has submitted a bid to host the 2023 WJC.

Also very sad news, Sibir youth player Eduard Nemerov drowned in the Chulym River. He was 16. RIP.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Cracking win for the boys today after the opening loss to Avto. Following their results in pre-season I really thought goal scoring was going to be an issue, but after 2 games they have scored 8 goals, so let's hope that trend continues. Better performance in net today too, or maybe it was just a better defensive effort. Love watching Sibir games, every game has a playoff atmosphere. :handclap:

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Been several days since Sibir's last game, but tonight's a gooder. Dynamo Moscow is off to a flying start, so it will be good to see how they play against a top team.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Is Salak coming back tonight or in next game? Well, Krasikov hasn't looked bad at all excluding the opener but still I think Skabelka will opt for Salak once he's off suspension list.

I'm particularly impressed with Polasek so far. 4 assists in 3 games. Seems like Sibir yet again (will) hit the jackpot with its gamble. I love how every season starts like, "Well, the team lost many good players and the budget is not good enough to replace them. Play-off is still within reach but not much to be expected" and then turns into "This team is pretty strong, anything other than top 4 and less than conference semi-finals would be disappointment". I firmly believe that if Sibir keeps getting that "lucky" with recruitments, they can win it all in next 5 years.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
from the official twitter :

Boychuk and (thanks God) Artiukhin out.
Sannikov & Polasek stays.:handclap:

Okulov-Shalu-Shuma...on the brigde...:shakehead

Dammit I just bought an Okulov jersey $230 later. Shalunov from his agent is pretty much gone to the NHL next season. They cant afford the other 2 guys?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad