Post-Game Talk (GBU): Shutout? After a win? You don't say

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
I like what Myers did just because I like to see Myers be a mean SOB.

But... what is people's problem with Frattin's hit?

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
You're not crazy. They played well.

In the first period, every line was flying. We looked like a totally different team.

And though Myers wasn't perfect tonight, the confidence meter is rising by the game, and I thought he was the most - for lack of a better word - "prominent" that he has been all year. Thrilled with that. He can dominate.

Pysyk was solid again. Risto is going to be a player.

Sucks that Ehrhoff is hurt. I hope it means ruhwedel or McNabb come up and Zadorov goes to London.

I'm happy right now.

I like the development I'm seeing from our D-men. Not perfect anywhere, but babysteps in the right direction. Pysyk is something of an unsung hero. Risto has made the transition to NHL a lot better and faster than I thought (and Zads could do the same if he stays up with the big team). And I really like Myers. He's been struggling for a couple of years and maybe he's still not on pace with the potential he showed in his first year, but it's like something has happened to him mentally. Like he's decided to just fight through it. Literally, even. It may sound stupid, but I like that he's taking penalties out there. It shows determination, that even if he's out of position or gets overplayed, he's not gonna let you score until as long as he's on the ice. I think our kid is growing up.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
I like what Myers did just because I like to see Myers be a mean SOB.

But... what is people's problem with Frattin's hit?

Just seems like the NHL has been removing these hits, I think that is a hockey hit and has a place in the game.
Myers gained the respect of his teammates although he should have started throwing right away

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Just seems like the NHL has been removing these hits, I think that is a hockey hit and has a place in the game.
Myers gained the respect of his teammates although he should have started throwing right away

I guess it's hard to tell, but it seems his shoulder hit's Cody's shoulder first, although only very slight, before hitting the hit, thus not making the head the principle point of contact.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
I guess it's hard to tell, but it seems his shoulder hit's Cody's shoulder first, although only very slight, before hitting the hit, thus not making the head the principle point of contact.
...which would make the head the principle point of contact and the check illegal.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
...which would make the head the principle point of contact and the check illegal.

Not necessarily. The context of the hit matters in deciding. Cody was leaning pretty far down and did move slightly before the hit. Frattin lined it up shoulder to shoulder and the head was a hit as a result of the position of Cody, causing Frattin's shoulder to continue through to the head, and Cody moving.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
He's a great supporter of his partner. He plays with natural aggression and a willingness to play bodies. I'd much rather have to rein him in and tone it down than try to instill aggression into him. Same with Zads. Good gap control, which means he's confident in himself and his skating ability and positioning/angling. He's smart with his shot choices, he's smart with deciding whether to go tape to tape, off the glass, or take it himself on the breakout. He doesnt get caught looking down at the puck on the one on ones (something a guy like Myers is still guilty of after a couple seasons).. And though tonight isn't exactly a perfect example or testament, most often when he is on the ice we break out of our zone, which is so so so valuable. It's so clear to me that he is going to grow into a solid asset.

Right now he looks like a rookie. But all I said was that he will definitely be a player. The signs are so obviously there - and he will continue to grow. He belongs in the NHL already, which is awesome.

I like his attitude in front of the net when the play's dead as well. He's usually in someone's grill. You can tell he doesn't get intimidated easily.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->