Post-Game Talk (GBU): Shutout? After a win? You don't say

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Good -

- Again a better first period. Baby steps -- two games in a row now.
- Foligno was ornery.
- No passengers tonight -- everyone was moving their feet and looked quick.
- Myers little head to head with Frattin. I'd rather see that than guys standing around wondering who will do something.

The Bad -

- PKing failed them.

The Ugly -

- Did I mention the penalty kill?
- Ehrhoff hurt and not returning. That's a lot of minutes to divide between the kids.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Call me crazy but I actually liked the way our team played tonight. Odd thing to say when you're shutout I know...but its just that kind of a season lol.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
G: Quick - plus the horseshoe you know where
Kopitar
Nice tip by Richards
aggressive forecheck by Kings all through the game but especially late in 3rd
Regehr… hey, didn't he used to be a Sabre?
Psysk

B: Power play failure
Physically dominated along the boards
Bad penalties leading to 5 on 3 (4 on 3?)
having 1st goal scored in closing seconds of 1st period
inability to control crazy puck bounces
19 shots… no goals
McBain…. sorry but he's getting way too much ice time.

Ugly: having to listen to the Kings announcers
McBain

Edit: I liked Tropp's game tonight….

Last edited:

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I thought they looked pretty good but then again I was despondent after that ducks debacle

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Call me crazy but I actually liked the way our team played tonight. Odd thing to say when you're shutout I know...but its just that kind of a season lol.

You're not crazy. They played well.

In the first period, every line was flying. We looked like a totally different team.

And though Myers wasn't perfect tonight, the confidence meter is rising by the game, and I thought he was the most - for lack of a better word - "prominent" that he has been all year. Thrilled with that. He can dominate.

Pysyk was solid again. Risto is going to be a player.

Sucks that Ehrhoff is hurt. I hope it means ruhwedel or McNabb come up and Zadorov goes to London.

I'm happy right now.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

In the first period, every line was flying. We looked like a totally different team.

And though Myers wasn't perfect tonight, the confidence meter is rising by the game, and I thought he was the most - for lack of a better word - "prominent" that he has been all year. Thrilled with that. He can dominate.

Sucks that Ehrhoff is hurt. I hope it means ruhwedel or McNabb come up and Zadorov goes to London.

I'm happy right now.

I agree when he came outta the box and had that shift where you could see he tried SO hard to cruise up ice and make something happen and I think it was Clifford who really stuck to his like glue...he knew he messed up and really wanted to fly...if he gets that swagger back Im all about it

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
I was happy with the effort. I really loved what I saw out of the kids in the first period, specifically Zemgus, Foligno and Larsson. The future is bright, we'll probably land Reinhart or at least Bennett in this years draft, and will probably draft high next year too.

Hopefully we find a real coach by then.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo

I'm happy right now.

Can you tell me what you liked about Risto? I thought he was good positionally, but he seems really really slow. I like him too, but I just thought he had an average game, nothing really outstanding or anything.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Can you tell me what you liked about Risto? I thought he was good positionally, but he seems really really slow. I like him too, but I just thought he had an average game, nothing really outstanding or anything.

Id agree, he seems too nervous in the offensive zone some times. He's not as strong as Pysyk in his own end but for a young guy he doesnt look out of place there either...he seems like one of those guys who is gonna get better a year at a time as he acclimates I have no worries about him being an NHL dman though Zadorov has given me more to be "excited" about in his few showings

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
DJN21 said:
Id agree, he seems too nervous in the offensive zone some times. He's not as strong as Pysyk in his own end but for a young guy he doesnt look out of place there either...he seems like one of those guys who is gonna get better a year at a time as he acclimates I have no worries about him being an NHL dman though Zadorov has given me more to be "excited" about in his few showings
He's a great supporter of his partner. He plays with natural aggression and a willingness to play bodies. I'd much rather have to rein him in and tone it down than try to instill aggression into him. Same with Zads. Good gap control, which means he's confident in himself and his skating ability and positioning/angling. He's smart with his shot choices, he's smart with deciding whether to go tape to tape, off the glass, or take it himself on the breakout. He doesnt get caught looking down at the puck on the one on ones (something a guy like Myers is still guilty of after a couple seasons).. And though tonight isn't exactly a perfect example or testament, most often when he is on the ice we break out of our zone, which is so so so valuable. It's so clear to me that he is going to grow into a solid asset.

Right now he looks like a rookie. But all I said was that he will definitely be a player. The signs are so obviously there - and he will continue to grow. He belongs in the NHL already, which is awesome.

Last edited:

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Ron "Shootout win" Rolston just annoys me whenever they show him. Something about him screams weak loser.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Our Rolston SlurpSwish of the game:

Pulling the goalie with McCormick and Leino out.

"We need a goal obviously, so I combine our pulled goalie with the fiurpauer and kumpeet levul of a Kohdi and a Villzer..." Makes sense, right ??

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
alittle less time on his perfect hair and alittle more on line combos and strategy...
Yep.

Or matchups. Or situational hockey. Or forechecking tactics. Neutral zone defensive schemes. Nothing important like hair doe

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Our Rolston SlurpSwish of the game:

Pulling the goalie with McCormick and Leino out.

"We need a goal obviously, so I combine our pulled goalie with the fiurpauer and kumpeet levul of a Kohdi and a Villzer..." Makes sense, right ??

To be fair, Leino stafford Mccormick had been pretty solid with possession I the offensive zone all game.

Kinda being missed also is enroth having a solid game add well. Only goals were shorthanded 1 on a 4 on 3. He did what was needed to keep them in the game but the offense wasn't there

Prospector74

Jul 5, 2011
Leonardtown, MD
G:
+Enroth
+Compete level from the team in the 1st
+Despite the penalties, I put Myers in this category (definitely progressing from the repeating, cringe-worthy, train wreck displays from a good chunk of last season). Liked that he stood up for his teammate.

B:
-wind came out of the sails in the 3rd
-Ehrhoff out (hopefully nothing long term)

U:
-I did not like the Frattin hit any more than Myers did. Will be mad if the league does nothing, Scott pummels the guy on Tuesday, and somehow Scott gets suspended.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
G:
+Enroth
+Compete level from the team in the 1st
+Despite the penalties, I put Myers in this category (definitely progressing from the repeating, cringe-worthy, train wreck displays from a good chunk of last season). Liked that he stood up for his teammate.

B:
-wind came out of the sails in the 3rd
-Ehrhoff out (hopefully nothing long term)

U:
-I did not like the Frattin hit any more than Myers did. Will be mad if the league does nothing, Scott pummels the guy on Tuesday, and somehow Scott gets suspended.

I think McCormick will take Frattin to the woodshed on Tuesday. He won't need Scott's help in that regard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->