shremp

Status
Not open for further replies.

outKast*

Oboiusly. Schremp is the most offesnsively gifted player in the draft behind Ovechkin and Malkin. I really do hate his cocky attitude but he's a pretty damn good player.

Oiltalk

May 20, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Freaky Habs Fan-Bad attitude base on what? A few overhyped stories? Oh no we can't have cocky players in the NHL these days. Kovalchuk, Roenick, Messier. The list goes on and on.

eddy

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
They take attitude in account alot today, as they should and Schremps attitude just isn't great. I can see him being another trouble making superstar in the NHL, moving from team to team because of bad relationships with coaches, owernership ect. but who knows maybe he'll mature a bit. Though theres no dought he is extremely skilled!

db23

When your coach sits you on the bench in the final game of a playoff series, there is a major problem. It is still a team sport, even though the personality cult aspect sells a lot of tickets. The coach obviously thought the team was better without Schremp on the ice, than they were with him on the ice. That is very damning.

infinitesadd

May 15, 2004
Pittsburgh
db23 said:
When your coach sits you on the bench in the final game of a playoff series, there is a major problem. It is still a team sport, even though the personality cult aspect sells a lot of tickets. The coach obviously thought the team was better without Schremp on the ice, than they were with him on the ice. That is very damning.

So Jason Spezza is a major problem? Or Joni Pitkanen? Both were sat in important games. Bottom line, Schremp should have gone top ten.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
db23 said:

Could it be a problem with the coach?

And how did Shremp react to it? Did you hear any complaining? I didn't.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Vlad The Impaler said:
Small, not a speedster.
Poor defensively.

So Jason Spezza is a major problem? Or Joni Pitkanen? Both were sat in important games.
You're comparing the NHL playoffs to the OHL playoffs?

john skull

Jul 1, 2004
New York City
I think being sat in the nhl when you are 20 is different than being sat in juniors when you are the most talented player on either team. Spezza and pit canon are just a little green when it comes to the stanley playoffs. Schremp could have gone top ten, but he could, and this is more likely, be like the sedins, not to fast tons of skill, and a few good reasons that keep them from being great nhlers like you want out of a top ten pick.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
What are some examples of this attitude? He explained the trade demand, he's very confident, his teammates love him, and he lives and breathes hockey. I still haven't really seen incidents involving this massive attitude problem he supposedly has.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
When a 5'11' 200 pound player is considered small (for a prospect to boot), today's scouts (or wannabe scouts) really need to readjust their priorities.

Should he have gone higher? Without a doubt.

Oiltalk

May 20, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Boomhower said:
iii) Plays a very soft game, avoids as much physical contact as he possibly can.
iv) Can't score 5 on 5.
v) Isn't in great shape.
vi) Didn't improve much from last year.
Then last but not least. Thought of to be the most talented player in the draft outside of Ovechkin and Malkin. That's really where it matters. Physical stature can be worked on. Defense can be tought. Schremp's not any less physical than St. Louis, who if I remember is even smaller.
It's nice for you guys to throw out all of the negatives, but don't forget about the positives.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
St. Louis pays the price all the time. And he's got the wheels to make up for his lack of size.

Oiltalk

May 20, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Jacobv2 said:
St. Louis pays the price all the time. And he's got the wheels to make up for his lack of size.
I never said he didn't. There is a difference between playing physical and paying the price. Wouldn't you agree that a less physical player pays the price more often than a more physical player?

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Oiltalk said:
I never said he didn't. There is a difference between playing physical and paying the price. Wouldn't you agree that a less physical player pays the price more often than a more physical player?

I originally said he was soft and avoids physical contact, usually that entails a fear to pay the price and unwillingness to play in high traffic arears (hence his lack of even strength productions), things St. Louis will do and than some. If Schremp is affraid to go into a corner with Jordan Smith or Boris Valabik what makes you think he'll do it against Robyn Regehr or Chris Pronger?

Last edited:

Oiltalk

May 20, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Boomhower said:
I originally said he was soft and avoids physical contact, usually that entails a fear to pay the price and play in high traffic arears (hence his lack of even strength productions), things St. Louis will do and than some. If Schremp is affraid to go into a corner with Jordan Smith or Boris Valabik what makes you think he'll do it against Robyn Regehr or Chris Pronger?
He's really not as soft as some here tend to think. I guess we'll all see in a few years though.

dumpnchase

Apr 24, 2004
California
People are making too big a deal about his demand for trade from a team when he couldn't stand the team's owner due to some issues between his brother and the team owner. All of his teammates said that he was not a problem so thats good enough for me to say he isn't a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad