News Article: Showtime to host NHL all access series for last 2 rounds of 2016 playoffs

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
This might be good, Showtime to host 24/7 type coverage of CF and SCF

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...-for-playoff-all-access-series-224621406.html

The NHL and Showtime are finalizing an all-access show on teams in the conference final and the Stanley Cup Final during the 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs, an industry source told Puck Daddy.

The series is expected to run weekly during the last two rounds of the playoffs, and will have a similar format to HBO’s 24/7 series and EPIX’s “Road to the NHL Winter Classic†and “Road to the NHL Stadium Series.â€

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Ugh, camera crews following teams around while their entire focus is on trying to win? I figure coaches would want to eliminate distractions during this time, not add to it.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Ugh, camera crews following teams around while their entire focus is on trying to win? I figure coaches would want to eliminate distractions during this time, not add to it.

I'm sure part of the negotiation between the NHL and showtime will cover what and when they can film. The league is well aware of that level of stress on players during that time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad