Shout Out

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
I just want to say Hi (from a distance of 6 feet) to everyone who normally trolls these pages.

We are in a totally different place than normal at this time of the year. In past years the UNB crowd would be singing the praises of life in Freddybeach after they won the CIS. Others would be bitching about the "phantom call" that cost them the game. These pages would have posts about CIS guys going pro with various ECHL or AHL teams.

NCAA would be in full playoff mode as would countless leagues across the country. Your kids would be in their Minor Hockey playdowns. March break tournaments would have just ended.

Instead the rinks are silent and empty, March break has been extended into April. You are working from home or are home because you have nowhere to work.

A shout out to everyone . This will all pass one day.

I wish all of you good health and good fortune.

Don't hoard the TP or anything else.

Campy

Jan 27, 2019
I just want to say Hi (from a distance of 6 feet) to everyone who normally trolls these pages.

We are in a totally different place than normal at this time of the year. In past years the UNB crowd would be singing the praises of life in Freddybeach after they won the CIS. Others would be bitching about the "phantom call" that cost them the game. These pages would have posts about CIS guys going pro with various ECHL or AHL teams.

NCAA would be in full playoff mode as would countless leagues across the country. Your kids would be in their Minor Hockey playdowns. March break tournaments would have just ended.

Instead the rinks are silent and empty, March break has been extended into April. You are working from home or are home because you have nowhere to work.

Well said. I can't wait to wash my hands and get back to the rinks.

Reactions: AUS Fan

AdamMcg83

Oct 12, 2011
www.twitter.com

If it helps pass the time, here's a 6-part oral history I compiled back in 2015, commemorating the 20th anniversary of Waterloo's last Queens Cup championship team. Some classic stories from a classic time! Still can't believe Acadia edged them out in the national final!

BLACK AND GOLDEN: The complete oral history of the 1995-96 Waterloo Warriors - University of Waterloo Athletics

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->