Shouldn't Meylnk's full history be take into consideration?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
This is absolutely comical. Troll job and a half.

Hi Eugene. Please sell, signed all members of NHL affiliates (except sharks Management and Joe Sakic)

Thanks, have a good day
Speak for yourself. I am thoroughly enjoying the Sens being the laughing stock of the NHL. Only thing better would be the Jets

Reactions: BM14

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I could quite believe Melnyk or people he instructs going on the internet and trying to drum up support for him.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
The funniest part about all of this is the fact all the keyboard geniuses are crying before a game has even been played since the change.

Remember Vegas? Someone bookmark all the Melnyk threads, the boycott threads, the Ottawa sucks threads, because if Ottawa goes on a roll I want to @ every single whiner.

I get it. You hate that your team isn't getting the attention you think it deserves, Melnyk isn't spending enough money on it. Ya'll sound like one of the cast of Real Housewives.

We all know Vegas very well. Senators aren't Vegas.

BillNy

Jun 20, 2018
Most of the value in the organization by 2007 was already there when he bought the team, with the largest exception being Dany Heatley, who they got for Marian Hossa, who was better, and pre-dated Melnyk. The team was already a powerhouse when he bought it, and it fell apart and has never properly rebuilt itself.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I believe Melynk's full history of ownership of the Ottawa Senators should be taken into consideration. He brought them to the Stanley Cup Finals and multiple successful competitive teams. That counts. But the team is in a rut currently. So which is it? Does the short term bad override the long term success?

You decide

The team is not "in a rut." It's either purposely or accidentally (by way of incompetent management) being systematically destroyed from within.

In Jersey, we thank Lou Lamoriello for all that he's done for this team... but we wanted him out from 2013 until the day he left because he just wasn't making good decisions any more... Then Shero comes in and rebuilds on the fly and we have a promising future. The Sens need the EXACT same thing. Same with ownership. The Sens need a new owner and a new GM.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Not if the short-term bad is a signal that the long-term going forward will also be bad.

Melnyk either cannot or will not fund the team properly anymore. He lost his billions. Feels bad:(

Is it fair that the fans won't stand by him and support a team at the cap-floor with sellouts over the next 10-15 years while Lebreton gets built and Melnyk re-solidifies his financial footing? Maybe not.

The fans didn't really support the team when they were doing well either though. Remember the playoffs vs the pens?

I believe that was mainly due to the arena being too far so Lereton flats should fix attendance issues (at least I think so). But if they don't sell out their playoff games there either, then the team is in trouble.

Last edited:

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Neither did Winnipeg in a much smaller arena, what’s your point? Nobody brought that one up nor did anyone look at his treatment of fans or that our largest employer isn’t paying people.

Now I may be wrong here but I believe Winnipeg didn't sell out because of the high cost of the games.

Every sens fan I've spoken with either in person or on these boards claimed they didn't go because the 'arena is too far' or they don't want to support Melnyk (rd 3 seems like an off time to start protesting).

Elias GOATtersson

Jan 8, 2011
Hi Mr. Positive, this is a really good point... The witch hunt that is happening right now is unjust and cruel. I hope this blows over and people can accept that mistakes happen all around and sometimes no one person can prevent them.
I guess when you're a sens fan right now the only way to entertain yourself is make HF accounts pretending to be management..

Tierney av and registered yesterday, it's too obvious dude

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
We all know Vegas very well. Senators aren't Vegas.

Are people talking about Vegas or Ottawa here?

"has by far the worst team in the league and I'm surprised how little future assets they got for icing team that abysmal."

"Did you really think that they were going to be some great team this year?"

"It just seems like an over-tank. The worst rosters in the league look significantly better than what *** has right now. "

"He's tanking, but doing it stupidly"

"The owner is saying cup in 6 years? This team is garbage."

"What is *** doing? I could draft a better team."

All of them are direct quotes from hfboards after quick searches for Las Vegas, Fire, McPhee, Foley. The vast majority of "experts" on hfboards thought Vegas was terrible after the expansion draft, no one thought they could win. Then look what happened. All I'm saying is, I think it's funny the "experts" think the fact that the team can't spend money instantly makes them bad. SPENDING DOES NOT EQUAL SUCCESS.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Are people talking about Vegas or Ottawa here?

"has by far the worst team in the league and I'm surprised how little future assets they got for icing team that abysmal."

"Did you really think that they were going to be some great team this year?"

"It just seems like an over-tank. The worst rosters in the league look significantly better than what *** has right now. "

"He's tanking, but doing it stupidly"

"The owner is saying cup in 6 years? This team is garbage."

"What is *** doing? I could draft a better team."

All of them are direct quotes from hfboards after quick searches for Las Vegas, Fire, McPhee, Foley. The vast majority of "experts" on hfboards thought Vegas was terrible after the expansion draft, no one thought they could win. Then look what happened. All I'm saying is, I think it's funny the "experts" think the fact that the team can't spend money instantly makes them bad. SPENDING DOES NOT EQUAL SUCCESS.

A team that is on the same page, from the player to the coach, to the GM, to the owner is something Vegas always had that Ottawa does not.

Vegas is an anomaly, not to mention they added to their team this off-season unlike Ottawa who are actively finding any way they can to minimize spending while shitting on the players in the process. Can't really argue that there is a disconnect between players/coach and ownership.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad