Shouldn't Meylnk's full history be take into consideration?

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
He's said that a million times over. Think a bit outside the box here, bud. look at how little salary there is on the team in two years. He's waiting for Seattle to probably drop and then sell his franchise at their price.

Hes said it a million times and has still not sold the team. That also causes people to believe that he isnt selling the team. It doesnt matter what the signs point to. We just dont know for sure, thus the reaction we are seeing.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I believe Melynk's full history of ownership of the Ottawa Senators should be taken into consideration. He brought them to the Stanley Cup Finals and multiple successful competitive teams. That counts. But the team is in a rut currently. So which is it? Does the short term bad override the long term success?

You decide

Hi Eugene,

Dorion is having a hard time reaching you. He needs permission to scout some C-Juniors. Can I give him the go-ahead?

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
As much as I hate Euge, it’s getting pretty tiring seeing the main page flooded with Melnyk threads day after day. You’re very likely not saying anything that people aren’t already thinking

Reactions: NorthCoast

SENSARMY18

Sep 26, 2018
It’s a tough rut but we will dig out of it, dark days ahead but brighter ones will come of it all. I know Melnyk loves this team, don’t agree with a lot of what he does but I think he deserves a some patience here.

Bonzo111

Leafs Fan
Oct 31, 2017
Canaderp
9777941_orig.gif

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
It’s a tough rut but we will dig out of it, dark days ahead but brighter ones will come of it all. I know Melnyk loves this team, don’t agree with a lot of what he does but I think he deserves a some patience here.
What makes you think he loves it? He loves the money it generates but I don't think he loves anything other than his children.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
I recall him being considered a problem child even when they had some semblance of success

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Borowiecki... that you?

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
I’m not sure I can’t think of one team the last 15 years that has a plethora of top end talent and all of them have ended their time with the Sens on a bad note . Alfie, Chara, Redden, Spezza, Heatly, Karlsson, Hoffman and can’t see Duchene or Stone ending good either!!! Management seems to mishandle or mistreat these players and I’m sure a lot has to do with Eugene so sorry Eugene can’t rest on your laurels time to sell the team and give that franchise and fan base a breath of fresh air!!!!

Reactions: Bonzo111

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
How long until the Sens release their own budget version of Gritty? Can't wait to see the next gem their marketing team comes up with.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
The constant attacks on Melnyk are getting a bit mind numbing from a non ottawa fan perspective

Just don't even think of out tanking us Ottawa in the next 2-3 seasons those are the Habs picks

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Obviously this thread was created with questionable intentions, but a fair arguement. Playing devils advocate (I still think he needs to go). Melynk couldnt sell out during the playoffs in a season the Sens made the conference finals. If spending more money does not increase revenues, the business becomes most profitable through minimizing costs.
Neither did Winnipeg in a much smaller arena, what’s your point? Nobody brought that one up nor did anyone look at his treatment of fans or that our largest employer isn’t paying people.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
How many burner accounts can one team create?

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad