Shouldn't Meylnk's full history be take into consideration?

Bonzo111

Leafs Fan
Oct 31, 2017
Canaderp
2irtt4.jpg

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
Not if the short-term bad is a signal that the long-term going forward will also be bad.

Melnyk either cannot or will not fund the team properly anymore. He lost his billions. Feels bad:(

Is it fair that the fans won't stand by him and support a team at the cap-floor with sellouts over the next 10-15 years while Lebreton gets built and Melnyk re-solidifies his financial footing? Maybe not.

But on the flip-side, is it fair for Melnyk to put a fanbase through 10-15 years of misery just so that HE can still own the team, instead of selling it to one of the waiting billionaires willing to buy the team, keep it in ottawa, build lebreton, and fund it properly as the market is proven to deliver middle-of the pack NHL revenue in the past.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I believe Melynk's full history of ownership of the Ottawa Senators should be taken into consideration. He brought them to the Stanley Cup Finals and multiple successful competitive teams. That counts. But the team is in a rut currently. So which is it? Does the short term bad override the long term success?

You decide
pierre dorian #1.

Bonzo111

Leafs Fan
Oct 31, 2017
Canaderp
I believe Melynk's full history of ownership of the Ottawa Senators should be taken into consideration. He brought them to the Stanley Cup Finals and multiple successful competitive teams. That counts. But the team is in a rut currently. So which is it? Does the short term bad override the long term success?

You decide
Joined today, 1 post lol. Unreal. This is Dorion or some stooge from the Sens office.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

You decide

I for one love this post. It makes me excited, which should make Senators fans excited, which will make the players excited, and make the sponsors excited.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
MLK wouldn't be a such a great person if he killed a few people in his late days...

Terrible comparasion, I know.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

You decide

Well I don't know about all that Eugene, but lawd knows I sure would like my liver back. You ditch.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

HolyJumpin

Sep 30, 2016
why don't people think Melnyk is selling? he's making the team as cheap and short term as possible. Usually that screams "I'M SELLING" in most businesses.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
why don't people think Melnyk is selling? he's making the team as cheap and short term as possible. Usually that screams "I'M SELLING" in most businesses.

Not that it should mean anything but he did just put out a video saying that hes not going anywhere. Might cause people to think he in fact isnt selling the team.

Field of Dreams

Oct 10, 2011
Port Credit
Obviously this thread was created with questionable intentions, but a fair arguement. Playing devils advocate (I still think he needs to go). Melynk couldnt sell out during the playoffs in a season the Sens made the conference finals. If spending more money does not increase revenues, the business becomes most profitable through minimizing costs.

HolyJumpin

Sep 30, 2016
Not that it should mean anything but he did just put out a video saying that hes not going anywhere. Might cause people to think he in fact isnt selling the team.
He's said that a million times over. Think a bit outside the box here, bud. look at how little salary there is on the team in two years. He's waiting for Seattle to probably drop and then sell his franchise at their price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad